Gutter rail to gutter rail distance?

slomoracing

2004 Sprinter 2500 140”
I’m getting ready to fab up a roof rack in the next two weeks and I was wondering if anyone had the distance from the gutter rail o.c. driver side to gutter rail o.c. passenger side on the T1Nhigh top? If not I’ll climb up there and figure it out!

Measurements are approximate and with a high top the gutter is quite a bit lower so to measure accurately you'd almost need either 2 people or to rig up something from gutter sticking up to flush with roof.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I’m getting ready to fab up a roof rack in the next two weeks and I was wondering if anyone had the distance from the gutter rail o.c. driver side to gutter rail o.c. passenger side on the T1Nhigh top? If not I’ll climb up there and figure it out!
Width from leg to leg is 65-1/4” on centre, which was confirmed by standing on the rear bumper with a helper and sighting forward along the troughs.

YMMV, but I expect this dimension is the same for the various body and roof options?

There’s a reason ladder racks are nick-named “headache bars” so I’d encourage you to pay attention to the aerodynamics to minimize wind noise. Choose long and narrow profiles over square or round profiles. Try to aim for a thin teardrop.

I look forward to seeing your work!

-dave

Top Bottom