PDA

View Full Version : how to get engine to run in different vehicle

truthseeker
05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I have an engine and trans from an 02 sprinter that I have put in a dodge dakota I have it hooked up to the ecu trans computer and fuse block I also have a instument cluster I try to turn engine over and the instument cluster says start error.I have everything hooked up except central timing module ,air bag module ,skreem( anti-theft)any one know do I need to erase codes to start any help would be appreciated

mean_in_green
05-02-2009, 09:02 AM
"Start Error" message is often indicative of an immobiliser circuit issue, but can just be a blown fuse.

Some more info on Start Error here (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5057&highlight=%22start+error%22).

sikwan
05-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Some other information here...

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3275

david_42
05-03-2009, 05:49 PM
The SCREEM can cause a Start Error. Mine wouldn't work when the temperature got below freezing. That was a pain to track down because the dealer would check it when it was warm outside.

truthseeker
05-08-2009, 03:27 AM
anyone know if I can have the ecu reprogramed to shut off the imobilser(skreem),air bag module,abs,and possibly the CTM.Just run the engine and trans computers and also tune the ecu at the same time and turn off if any speed limiter?

hotrod508
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
the mercedes engine is proprietary, the guys doing the factory 4x4 systems can't even get inside the computer, to turn off the anti-slid or the abs, for offroad use. The dealer can't reprogram more than options, like 3.73 rear or 410, or cruise or not. Non of the people that reprogram ecm's say that they can even get past the speed limiter, let alone eliminating major systems. If there is someone who can do what we need to make the computer more accessible there probably in Europe, or Germany.

I am putting a 04 motor in a 04 f150. I plan to use both electrical systems entirely. It's the only way right now, eliminating any of the components will only render the rest of the system useless, as i am sure you have noticed. the wheel sensors are the key. they are a integral part of the system. I plan to do the same as the tachoma/mercedes swap guy, and run the wheel sensors off the drive shaft with a adjustable "record player" type thing. move the sensors out-goes faster, in- goes slower, just like a record.

abittenbinder
05-13-2009, 10:36 PM
I had a communication today from the original Tacoma project builder. He has achieved 33 mpg with a 3.53 rear axle ratio and is sadly contemplating selling his project truck to help pay for a new shelter from the elements. Doktor A