12 volt OEM sized cigarette lighter

sprocket3

Does anyone know where to get more of the OEM sized 12 volt socket/cigarette lighters? I've i ordered a few off amazon to fill the extra holes in the seat base, but they are too big.

Specifically talking about the one in the Pass Side Seat base of a 2017 van.

Looking for options besides the dealership.

Thanks.

sailquik

sprocket3,
And you "KNOW" that purchasing the 12 VDC convenience outlets, by part number, traceable to your
VIN # so they actually fit, is "going to be expensve"......how?
PM or email me your VIN # and I'll see if I can come up with the part number.
Then you can shop online for the MB parts, or ask your local commercial MB Sprinter dealer to
give you the price, which may be surprisingly low.
I looked at another members 2017 VIN # and there seems to be only 2 different convenience outlet sockets.
One 12 VDC 15 amp MAX for the driver's seat box and the same one at the LH rear pillar, plus the 12 VDC 25 amp MAX at the bottom of the rounded plastic below the radio.
Are you wanting to replace the originals or add more outlets in other places?
Roger

Last edited:

vanacate

I've bought 15 and the 25amp versions from a dealer parts counter. I think they were around a $20.00 part. I didn't think twice about the price as they plug properly right in where they should to the van's wiring and mount as they should in the existing holes. If you are replacing an original, make sure you get the right one for the right location as the plugs are unique.

Top Bottom