CAN BUS conversion help needed

Hugh.M

Hi All,
Can anyone help with Can-Bus information
I have a blown 315cdi twin turbo, I also have an ISF 2.8 Cummins.
Now the hard part, how do I get these two to talk to one another.
Has anyone done this or can anyone help?
Thanks Mal

HarryN

Forum user Avanti has done some experimental work on the canbus and has participated in some threads related to it. Perhaps search on his postings and see what you can find from there.

I have not followed the postings closely, but it didn't seem all that straightforward to alter the canbus setup. Just changing from one size alternator to another has been problematic.

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500
The experiments that I have done so far are (a) pretty basic and (b) limited to the body bus. The engine bus is a whole different kettle of fish, and a lot more complex. So, I don't think that I can be of much help here. My GUESS is that such a project would be a moon-shot.

Sorry I can't help more.

I have a blown 315cdi twin turbo, I also have an ISF 2.8 Cummins.
Thanks Mal
Perhaps a dumb question. Does the Cummins have a Bosch based ECM aka ECU? If no, it may be more like a round trip to Mars than a moon shot.

:2cents: vic

Hugh.M

Hi Avanti and Aqua Puttana,

I will look at the ECU and get back to you I think it is a Continental.

On the flip side has anyone positively identified the reason the 315 twin turbo engines hand grenade.

Ta Mal

Eric Experience

Mal.
Yes the 315 problem has been sorted, it is failure of the main bearing caps. If you want to send your engine to me in Melbourne I can test it to find out if it can be repaired. Eric

Hugh.M

Hi Eric,
Interesting you should say that as I, in fact, have 2 315 engines and both with failed main caps.
My next move is to machine new billet caps from 4140.
All caps having been heated in the middle and the mating ends of the caps collapsed into the journal.
If I may ask is it the main cap failure and if so how?
Considered opinion amongst the peer group here suggests an oil supply failure leading to the main cap failure but we are happy to be educated.
Does any of this affect the block?

Hugh.M

Hi, again Eric,
I have full machining facilities here but thank you for your offer of assistance, if you could help with the information it would be appreciated.

Mal

Top Bottom