Rear Anti Roll/Sway Bar Movement - Propex Heater Clearance

Hello all, after a bit of advice. Today I (trial) fitted a Propex HS2211 to the underside of my 2001 MWB Sprinter. Space is a bit tight with the LPG tank in the spare wheel well but think I have found a suitable spot (the only spot!) just in front of it.

It clears the diff with plenty of room to spare, but what I need to know is whether the anti roll/sway bar moves to the point that it may contact the heater at all whilst on the road. I suspect not, but want to double check before I finalise the fitting.

Hopefully these pictures explain things better:

Thanks!

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
It should be fine. Measure how much space there is between the axle and bump stops. Add an estimate of how much the bump stops can be compressed. Then measure between the heater and the sway bar. If you have enough clearance, you are good to go.

The sway bar does not rotate very much during operation.

It should be fine. Measure how much space there is between the axle and bump stops. Add an estimate of how much the bump stops can be compressed. Then measure between the heater and the sway bar. If you have enough clearance, you are good to go.

The sway bar does not rotate very much during operation.
Brilliant, thanks for that. Just what I wanted to hear! I'll double check the measurements before getting plumbed in today.

Andy

Top Bottom