PDA

View Full Version : Heater control resister

norson
10-31-2017, 08:04 AM
Trying to get the heater to work properly. The blower wasn't working so I bought a resister. When I went to install it, I found it was dum-dumed into the housing. I originally thought there was a piece missing, but now I'm wondering if my 2005 T1n takes a different resister. Here are pictures of my housing and another 2005 in a wrecking yard. Any one know what the deal is? The first picture is of my rig.
Norm

Aqua Puttana
10-31-2017, 02:55 PM
Aftermarket fan housing maybe?

I know that there are different resistor control schemes, but to my knowledge all NAS aka NAFTA T1N Sprinters use the same resistor mounting design.

A a practical matter, even dum-dum can work for mounting as long as the resistor is held in the proper position to be within the air flow. It needs the cooling.

vic

norson
10-31-2017, 07:56 PM
Hard for me to see a market for an after market housing. The same wrecking yard had a similar resister, but with a different double plug. Hard to figure out the year because it was so hacked. I'm thinking these two examples were made in two different factories or markets. The serial numbers are: mine - WD2PD544X5574XXXX The other - WD0PD544O558XXXX. Not too important at this point because I'm just going to make an adapter. I'll try to post a picture of it when I'm done.
Norm