most reliable sprinter ever

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
All opinions are welcome. The absolute most reliable sprinter ever produced is________.

Last edited:

312 diesel (closed)

Probably the original 208 and 308, absolutely nothing to go wrong on those. No electronics of any kind, conventional diesel pump. Not exactly the fastest Sprinters on the face of the earth though.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
2005 313 4 potter and the bullet proof MANS:drool: manual trans :tongue:
Where else can a Tin with these specs archive a fuel economy run of 6.8 Ltrs/100K
Maintenance costs in 4 years one week to go AU $1.199.00
Tins Rule the world:rad:
RichardDSC01060 (Large) (Custom).JPG

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Thanks for the opinions and comments, you confirmed my thoughts. I am actively looking for a simple, low equipment 2004-2006 T1N 140" or an NCV3 144" 2500 low roof, well maintained cargo or passenger Sprinter with under 60k miles. Value is most important, diesel only please. I am looking in all the usual places, craigslist, cars.com, ebay and I would also like to request help from this forum.

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I am actively looking for a simple, low equipment 2004-2008 140" 2500 low roof, well maintained cargo or passenger Sprinter with under 60k miles. Value is most important, diesel only please.
2004-2008 pretty much runs the gamut of diesel, petrol, T1N, and NCV3. You mentioned 140 which is a T1N. NCV3's come in 144.

Maybe you mean 2004-2006 in the USA? :thinking:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
T1N's of course! :smirk:

This is only because the NCV3's are still new.
I agree with this, both have advantages. I am shocked by the T1N's strong asking prices and the very substantial depreciation for the NCV3, that's why I will consider both. I edited my original request. Sorry I should have been more clear.

Jenner

In my opinion, the best Sprinter available is my 2008 diesel Dodge 2500. Of course this is the only one I've ever owned. I definately like the looks much better than the ole wedgies. (2006 and earlier). Because I have the torsion ride seats....I'm more comfortable in this van than my Lincoln! I now have over 58,000 miles on it since I purchased it in December of 2007. I'm going for at least 500,000 miles before getting rid of it.

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
In my opinion, the best Sprinter available is my 2008 diesel Dodge 2500. Of course this is the only one I've ever owned. I definately like the looks much better than the ole wedgies. (2006 and earlier). Because I have the torsion ride seats....I'm more comfortable in this van than my Lincoln! I now have over 58,000 miles on it since I purchased it in December of 2007. I'm going for at least 500,000 miles before getting rid of it.
:wtf: at least they dont:censored: look and feel cheap and look awful:yell::rant:

yes i am bias:D:

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
I've had five vans before my T1N. I have to say it has the features I like most about all of them.
When I slam the door shut, it sounds like my 1964 VW. Most of all it has good gas mileage like it too.
When I drive, it sound like my 1971 VW. This was a camper and so I hope the Tin will also be.
When I park, it has the handeling of my 1967 Dodge van.
When I'm looking out the window, it has the view out the windshield similar to my 1964 Falcon. A large and open windshield.
And most of all, it has none of the 'features' of my 1977 Dodge extended body van. Bad gas mileage, hard to work on, road hog with no visibility.
Here's to my best van yet.:rad:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
FALCON CURVED SCREEN, BUT AT LEAST THE DISC BRAKES NEVER WORE OUT EVER. AND AT LEAST NINE SPEED SENSORS TO PLAY WITH TO. BUT BRAKES NEVER MATCHED THE hp:cry:
RICHARD
ONE DAY
XY resto.jpg
DAY AFTER
gtcrash2.jpg

maxextz

wow what a shame:wtf: thats a nice looking car kinda like the gto:drool:

thanks again goes to richard for finding some good pics and then shouting at everybody"again":rolleyes: and also going off topic:crazy::censored:

max...:rad:

Attachments

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
MAX:NO I didn't THE SUBJECT MENTIONED WAS FALCON my year 1964 I have a 65 but the Fairmont version very rare second off the production line Ford even welded up the Falcon Holes and placed Ford in as it was so limited a run,so I pooped it in as a ref so there:tongue:
besides this is My 66 Pontiac Le mans at least it had 4 discs and a 396 small block with Triple carb to boot with air suspension at the rear. The first GM vehicle to use a plastic grille too.
Now it's off topic.and you started it :bash:
But come on it's just a little bit of History Heck some of the boys were not even born and would not even know the differences between Ford and Pontiac variants Canada Vs USA v AUS production models.

Fact Australia had the XL falcon on the roads back in 1959 down in OZ before the Americans did, as it replaced the UK Zephyr which was out dated, the falcon was modern sleek, an absolute beaut car to drive on bitumen and still is a super smooth car to drive thanks to it's 38 foot turning circle, sort of liken to power steering and that took six years of hard slog to get it right the dam things were built like an Edsel the suspension failed as soon as it hit a dirt road, which cost Ford dearly to commercial fleet sales,The Falcon name plate to this day is still used on the Falcon, the longest continuous run of a model marque.

The variations of the Falcon were based on both Falcon and Comet in 1964 the floor CHASSIS WAS STRETCHED to change over to the XR, with introduced mechanics which were used from the Fairlane/Victoria 64 1/2 Mustang and the Canadian comet a mis match of parts to offset production costs, the yank one was first, using the comet tail lights and an odd grille blending the side body lines of the 63 comet, we held off to 1966 with a better body design and mechanics,as to the picture of the wreck shown even the Older falcons had disc brakes where the US falcon didn't that was thanks to ABR power brakes Australia for 65 and the UK side of Ford. by the end of the run ,on the older Falcon design in 71 the phaze 3 Falcon GTO was the fastest 4 door stock production car in the world with the XC in late 73 Mad Max MEL GIBSON move over with the Cobra Falcon.
Fords dominated back in those days. By the way your pic of the Goats front was a reinforced plastic front end another first for GM .
Richard
Back to Tins.

PONTIAC2 (Large) (Custom).jpg

Last edited:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
Well, let me tell you a little story.
I custom ordered the perfect sprinter, after 1 year I sold back the flawed sprinter, I re-purchased the same sprinter with a new crankshaft sensor. Should have it back in a week.
Nutty.

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
I got back my storied sprinter Friday evening.
Enjoyed owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagon tdi 30mpg in the worst traffic to 54 mpg ideal highway and virtually identical driving dynamics to a gasser, an amazing car, (now for sale on Craigslist).
For my use, nothing matches the Sprinter, I am also convinced things will improve for Chrysler and for Sprinter owners no matter what the badging.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I got back my storied sprinter Friday evening.
Enjoyed owning a 2009 VW Jetta Sportwagon tdi 30mpg in the worst traffic to 54 mpg ideal highway and virtually identical driving dynamics to a gasser, an amazing car, (now for sale on Craigslist).
For my use, nothing matches the Sprinter, I am also convinced things will improve for Chrysler and for Sprinter owners no matter what the badging.
Well I'm glad some one has showed a little faith:bow:
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
By misadventure I did my back in whilst doing my front brakes a simple twist and bang out it went so stuck on the lift for two weeks , What I could not do myself I called in a few favours and the lads from Mercedes did what I asked after work and a few cases of beer! gee these guy's can be conned for a song.

All diagnostics checks were done the Van is 100% perfect apart from one ball joint being out 1mil which I knew about.
four years What more can I say! Fair enough I know them,(Sprinters) and how to look after the vehicle by keeping it within the weight configurations, and maintenance schedules including how it's supposed to be driven.
I know you guys have had issues with some of the US Sprinters:bash: I'll leave it at that, but that Van of mine out of almost 130 new vans our firm has owned since I took it on in 1972 has proved to be the most costless in servicing and the absolute best vehicle for reliability.

Love my Work, and Love my Mercedes Sprinter:thumbup:
My wish is someday you guys will get the 5 star treatment you deserve, for your Sprinters.
Richard

maxextz

By misadventure I did my back in whilst doing my front brakes a simple twist and bang out it went so stuck on the lift for two weeks , What I could not do myself I called in a few favours and the lads from Mercedes did what I asked after work and a few cases of beer! gee these guy's can be conned for a song.

All diagnostics checks were done the Van is 100% perfect apart from one ball joint being out 1mil which I knew about.
four years What more can I say! Fair enough I know them,(Sprinters) and how to look after the vehicle by keeping it within the weight configurations, and maintenance schedules including how it's supposed to be driven.
I know you guys have had issues with some of the US Sprinters:bash: I'll leave it at that, but that Van of mine out of almost 130 new vans our firm has owned since I took it on in 1972 has proved to be the most costless in servicing and the absolute best vehicle for reliability.

Love my Work, and Love my Mercedes Sprinter:thumbup:
My wish is someday you guys will get the 5 star treatment you deserve, for your Sprinters.
Richard
well said richard:clapping: .............done your back in?:thinking: remember richard when you get to the ripe old age that you are:smilewink: you must slow down and let the young folk take over, dont be so hard on yourself.

your neighbour emailed me this pic of you on the way down to the shops.:shhh:

Attachments

Top Bottom