Upgrading tire sizes

Sprinter Daddy

FYI....I run a 3500 with 195 70 15 tires which are hard to come by. The local tire dealer threw on a set of 215's and the van wouldn't go over 25mph. It somehow affects the ASR. Back to the 195's and have some 195's on order now.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
FYI....I run a 3500 with 195 70 15 tires which are hard to come by. The local tire dealer threw on a set of 215's and the van wouldn't go over 25mph. It somehow affects the ASR. Back to the 195's and have some 195's on order now.
That's interesting from the Australian side of weights for a 3500 series
Note: there are two of in the series 195/70R15C U rated 100/98R 6 ply for 3T series
195/7015C 104/102R 8 ply meant for 3.5T up to 3.8T only as to the tire weight reference of 2240KG
Your running a 3500 the tires are too low in ratings for in excess of of 4TMetric hence 225 series for single rim units
with the dual 4 rear combined your covered for a weight stability loading of 8980KG max.

My question as to thought; did you just put a set on the front Only as to the ref/ of 215 tires! subject to ply rating 4.6.8.10 ply four of and for van series only for single rim units.
If so, you threw the both ESP out and ASR as to TCS traction control system's to changing the tracking of the tires front to rear, which puts you into a theoretically type limp mode.

the 215 series is strictly for Vans with single rim units.
Richard

Sprinter Daddy

Yes only on the front as the rears are still 50%. The stock tires are only 6 ply which seems odd considering the weight the van is capable of carrying as well as towing. I think I'm going to hunt for at least an 8 and maybe a 10 ply. The only problem is the type of tire in that size is usually a soft compound and will not last. I sure would like to upgrade to 16's.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
That is true the replacement of 6 ply tire wrong size on front has created the problem of the introduced 25 MPH limp mode eight ply are stronger the front 6 ply has a softer wall and inner compound . stock tires are rated eight ply always have been 2240 Kg per tire. for a 3500
Richard

MiKeHD

Love PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I have a 2006 3500 sprinter 158'' on 15'' wheel

What the bolt patern of the wheel and what is the off set ?

I can't change 15'' for 16'' ? front and rear

What tire you take for snow on 15'' ?

Sorry for my english, i don't speak english very well

Thank you

Top Bottom