T1N Rear bumper question

GoldenGateShark

2005 T1N 118
I don't have a bumper on the back of my van. I have the 2 side bumpers and I have a (non step) cover. What is the part I need to attach to the van to then attach the cover to?

thanks.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Download the (for example) 2006 parts catalog from http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

The "Frame and Bumpers" section is chapter 13 .. the rear bumper frame and support bits are in there.
(although the extra bits for the Step Bumper are in the rear of the Sheet Metal section)

--dick

GoldenGateShark

2005 T1N 118
Download the (for example) 2006 parts catalog from http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

The "Frame and Bumpers" section is chapter 13 .. the rear bumper frame and support bits are in there.
(although the extra bits for the Step Bumper are in the rear of the Sheet Metal section)

--dick
thank you.

I looked at Figure 013-320. I still can't find what I need in there. I have a bumper cover but it does not have the clips that go into the steel on the body. Looking for a part that connects the two. Maybe it doesn't exist and this cover was made to just float and connect to the corners but I doubt that. The step bumper that came off before had a bunch of tabs. Do the non step bumpers have zero tabs?

thanks again

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
The bumper is held on by two bolts that hide behind reflectors. It also attaches to metal step setup with plastic clips.
If you don't have the step and just a bumper, the bolts are all there is.

GoldenGateShark

2005 T1N 118
The bumper is held on by two bolts that hide behind reflectors. It also attaches to metal step setup with plastic clips.
If you don't have the step and just a bumper, the bolts are all there is.
thank you,

this is a non step bumper. Under the reflectors the bolts fasten the corners, not the bumper cover.

lindenengineering

Really it just a bit o' plastic deco--ration!
The real strength is the rear cross member! It's not crappy, rather well designed in fact !

We are in the process of changing one using a "cut' from a 3500 to a 2500.
One bit of useless info is that the 3500 chassis materials and metal "tickness" are a darn sight stronger.
A gazillion spot welds and reinforcement.
Enough to make the van a battering ram!
It demolished a car that ran into the back!!
Dennis

Top Bottom