PDA

View Full Version : Electrical gremlins dashboard

Jody
10-19-2017, 09:58 AM
Dash is fine then we hit a small bump and the speedo cuts out and 5 lights come on
I think they are
Edc
Parking brake
Traction control
And a couple of others

Hit another bump and the speedo comes back, shortly followed by all the lights going out.

Clearly a loose connection. Is there a specific relay I should be checking?

I took the drivers seat out a while back and I'm convinced the loose connection is under there somewhere!

Any help much appreciated.

Cheyenne
10-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Hi Jody,

I would start by looking at wheel speed sensors and associated wiring!

IIRC the speedo gets its signal from the left front wheel speed sensor and failure of any wheel speed signal will light the ABS and traction lights.

You need to monitor 'Live data' of all wheels speeds while driving and wait for it to happen again.

Keith.

Jody
10-19-2017, 09:11 PM
Hi Jody,

I would start by looking at wheel speed sensors and associated wiring!

IIRC the speedo gets its signal from the left front wheel speed sensor and failure of any wheel speed signal will light the ABS and traction lights.

You need to monitor 'Live data' of all wheels speeds while driving and wait for it to happen again.

Keith.

Good tip, as I say I'm sure the problem is under the seat so I'm off to see if I can find out which relay/ fuses are involved

autostaretx
10-19-2017, 09:48 PM
It can also be loose connections at the ECU, broken-free bus bars behind the steering column's fuse panel, some failure in the wiring harness inside the dashboard (one wire overheating melting the insulation on others), a loose ground....

good luck hunting...
--dick (full service manual with schematics at the address in my signature block)