alternator mounting spacers??

auto1

I recently removed my alternator to replace the pulley.Everything went OK,no problems.Today while removing my turbo actuator I notice the alt upper mounting lugs are not tight against the engine block.I can see the bolt threads.Never seen any spacers when doing the job,any idea whats going on.I did give the bolts a quick twist to make sure there weren't backing out.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
Mine has no spacers.

Could you have cross-threaded a bolt? I would suggest pulling the bolt back out first before re-torquing.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Are you perchance running into an issue caused by the proper placement of the alternator?

If i recall correctly (IIRC):
The T1N alternator cares about the rotation of its body... one side has a V-groove to fit over around the shape of the engine.
The other side doesn't.
If it's installed "V groove out", then the alternator cannot fully seat into position (but it usually makes this obvious by the belt no longer fitting).

--dick

auto1

your correct,just figured it out after i removed the alt.I noticed the mounting bosses offset to one side.Glade I found this now.Why I looking in there is I'm trying to figure out why my turbo actuation arm is not in alignment with turbo arm.Been fighting a LHM issue for a while.I saw this video where a guy had the same problem.He loosen the clamp screws on the cold side of the turbo and as he said"clocked the turbo so the arm slips on the turbo arm. Did some searching on the net but could not find any info on this issue.My actuator must have been rebuilt along the line,it a had security tape on it from a electronic rebuild company.

Top Bottom