Power Lock Issues (fuse diagram wanted)

JCMiller23

'05 Dodge 2500 T1N (fedex)
Hey guys! New to the forum. Just bought my Sprinter a few days ago. The first issue I am trying to tackle is to fix the power locks, there is a sensor somewhere that is not registering correctly so when I lock the doors, it unlocks them and I have to do it three times. Then, I have to go around to the other doors and manually lock them because they were auto-unlocked. Before fixing this, I am trying to remove the fuse for the power locks so I only have to lock things once. I looked in the manual and couldn't find them. Any help would be appreciate, thanks! I have a 2005 Dodge Sprinter, Fedex Fleet Vehicle

Fletch9871

I pulled a fuse under the drivers seat to temporarily remedy this. On my van, 2005 , I believe it was the fifth from the left. The cover has a reference guide and it had verbiage regarding door locks or locking system. Once you pull this fuse the Auto Unlock due to a bad sensor no longer occurs. The central locking switch no longer works either so you’ll still be relegated to manually locking and unlocking the doors. Hope this helps...Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

surlyoldbill

I had the same problem but never found the solution. I could UNlock the power locks, but no LOCK them. Had to do it manually.

I did discover that the wiring in my driver door got chewed up by the stop-arm, I fixed that and hoped it would solve the issue; nope. I may have made a mistake fixing it, because when I would try to LOCK the doors with the remote or dash switch, I could hear something cycling in the driver door but none of the others. I never made the time to pop open the door and look at the wiring again, and have since sold the van.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Power lock schematics are in section 8W-61 of the 2006 service manual: http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/2006-VA-SM.pdf

If the Sprinter hit something firmly, it "arms" the crash-sensor system... and part of the "arming" is to stop accepting remote "lock the doors" commands.
It will still UNlock, but it won't lock.
Clearing that "crash status" requires a "Sprinter-smart" diagnostic scanner/controller.
(dealer level, or 3rd party DRB-III, expensive SnapOn, DAD, and a number of others). A simple OBD-II scanner won't cut it.

The door lock power feeds through the Central Timer Module.
The fuse is one of the "uniquely positioned on your Sprinter" fuses on the driver's seat pedestal.
On my 2005, it's a 25 amp fuse at position #9

The lock/unlock/lock cycle means that one of the switches in (at least) one of the lock mechanisms isn't fully locking... or the wiring to the door circuit is cut or not making contact on the edge-of-door springy contacts.

There have been many threads on this over the years...

--dick

Last edited:

surlyoldbill

My no lock scenario increased over time. For a few months it sometimes wouldn't lock and I'd push the remote button again and it would. Then it got more frequent and eventually not at all. So there may be something other than the "crash sensor" that will cause failure. If it was cause and effect, like bumping a tree or curb hard when parking and now it won't lock, yeah, probably the crash sensor.

What's the reset for that sensor? Glas and I tried to find the command on his D.A.D. but couldn't.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
What's the reset for that sensor? Glas and I tried to find the command on his D.A.D. but couldn't.
I don't know where (or if) it's in the DAD's commands.
You can *look* at the Crash Status with a DAD (one of the air bag status screens)
((added: i think ... i just rattled through my screen grabs, and i don't see an example))

If the DAD can clear the ABS light, perhaps that also clears the crash status?

--dick

Last edited:

surlyoldbill

We ran ever "clear" command we found that might be relevant. I think he looked at the crash test command, too.

Top Bottom