DIY Sprinter Van – Side Slide Mini Kitchen

Farfrumwork

Nice work. Sliders have so many uses.

Cool plug for Blotz on your blog too. I've been friends with mike for 25+yrs now... He does great work.

Maybe I'll see you around these parts (I live in Louisville). And maybe someday I'll have a Stone Gray 4x4 sprinter of my own... (on order for over 7mo now)

sprinterPaul

Nicely done. Looks a lot like the scout overland kitchen.

https://scoutequipment.co/products/scout-overland-kitchen

I've been noodling over making one of these as a bolt in for one my rear pullouts. After thinking it through; I ended up at pretty much the same design as scout (and yours) for optimal use and layout.

Cool flip top work space.

I'm thinking of the same but then have a couple of cut outs in there to drop in a collapsible silicone sink; that can pop down. At least in my layout it's right next to the shower head.

thanks for posting up!

levinro

2016 Sprinter 144" 4x4 / 2021 Ford Transit
Nicely done. Looks a lot like the scout overland kitchen.

https://scoutequipment.co/products/scout-overland-kitchen
Thanks...yeah, I'm sure I saw theirs when I was researching. With the $5K+ price tag, I figure that I can make a lot of mistakes and come out way ahead (as long as none of the mistakes are fatal).

I've been noodling over making one of these as a bolt in for one my rear pullouts. After thinking it through; I ended up at pretty much the same design as scout (and yours) for optimal use and layout.

Cool flip top work space.

I'm thinking of the same but then have a couple of cut outs in there to drop in a collapsible silicone sink; that can pop down. At least in my layout it's right next to the shower head.

thanks for posting up!
I was holding off on making cut-outs for a couple sink basins in the flip-top to decide how big and where to make them. Ultimately, we decided not to do them at all for a couple reasons; 1) keep the maximum amount of prep space and 2) keep spillable water away from the van. We set up a folding camp table where the rinsing and cleaning is done so that there is no spillage near the van doors. It adds a few extra walking steps to our food prep, but at least the steps are not muddy.

One other note, the length of the flip-top coincides with the reach of the awning. As long as rain is vertical, it should all stay dry.

sprinterPaul

Thanks...yeah, I'm sure I saw theirs when I was researching. With the $5K+ price tag, I figure that I can make a lot of mistakes and come out way ahead (as long as none of the mistakes are fatal).

I was holding off on making cut-outs for a couple sink basins in the flip-top to decide how big and where to make them. Ultimately, we decided not to do them at all for a couple reasons; 1) keep the maximum amount of prep space and 2) keep spillable water away from the van. We set up a folding camp table where the rinsing and cleaning is done so that there is no spillage near the van doors. It adds a few extra walking steps to our food prep, but at least the steps are not muddy.

One other note, the length of the flip-top coincides with the reach of the awning. As long as rain is vertical, it should all stay dry.

Yah I agree with avoiding a water mess on the side like yours. Out the back I don't really care. However if it's raining I just use the microwave inside.

I agree on the 5k price tag. very pretty but worth doing it yourself. I like how your drawer came out.

Top Bottom