AC repair quote $800 2005 Sprinter LWB High Roof.Repair or install rooftop

Baatzy

2006 Dodge Sprinter LWB
Hello all,

I appreciate any input you can give. I got a quote to repair my factory AC in Dodge Cargo 2005 LWB High roof Sprinter. It is $800. Maybe I am getting myself in trouble but it seems I should consider installing a new rooftop AC instead of repairing.

Roughly same cost but now I can cool the entire Van.

Thoughts........

Thanks for your time,

Jon

Baatzy

2006 Dodge Sprinter LWB
I will have them print the quote for me.

I believe it is new lines, values, recharge and dye test. However I will get the quote and post it here.

Thank you,

Jon Baatz

Baatzy

2006 Dodge Sprinter LWB
Ok here is the quote. Sorry for the delay.

Condesor to Compressor , Sprinter Van hose - 5124817AA

AC Service Valves - ACV

Freon - R134A

Shop Supplies

Labor Description:
AC System evacuation and recharge with Dye
Inspection for leaks
Replace AC Hose Assembly condenser

lindenengineering

Ok here is the quote. Sorry for the delay.

Condesor to Compressor , Sprinter Van hose - 5124817AA

AC Service Valves - ACV

Freon - R134A

Shop Supplies

Labor Description:
AC System evacuation and recharge with Dye
Inspection for leaks
Replace AC Hose Assembly condenser
Yes that's about right!
The side interior panels have to come out to gain access to the hose assy running along the body cavity under the waist rail, then up through the back pillar to the expansion valve.
Cost of the hose to make up about $250 and the rest of the bulk money spent will be on labor My advise --Go for it good estimate but it is not FREON! That is R12 and you will need 6.25 lbs of R134a as a refrigerant charge .
Just being accurate because the success of A/C repair depends upon being concise and accurate in all aspects of the repair.
Job quote is good.
Dennis

terra_firma

Hello all,

I appreciate any input you can give. I got a quote to repair my factory AC in Dodge Cargo 2005 LWB High roof Sprinter. It is $800. Maybe I am getting myself in trouble but it seems I should consider installing a new rooftop AC instead of repairing.

Roughly same cost but now I can cool the entire Van.

Thoughts........

Thanks for your time,

Jon
I got my ac redone and it was about that much. Its the compressor thats prob half the cost of that estimate

Top Bottom