dpf service life

sleeper bird

my 08 with aprox 190,000 miles has the original dpf,i was wondering what the service life of the filter is?didnt know if i should consider a replacement for maintenance ,im the second owner and run the correct oil,and have changed the pcv as a maintenance item.The van runs fine

showkey

There were many posts on this a few years back. Some referred to a MB document that mentioned 125,000 miles.

lindenengineering

It depends!
I have a van with 300,000 on it and it's still good!
On the other had I have just installed a reconditioned MB engine on another with 310,000 on it and it (DPF) was plugged with 55 grams of soot & ash!
The difference is what is happening upstream with the engine!

Dumping, pumping , burning oil, bad maintenance, driving /operating habits --Well you know its all been discussed here on these forums over the years.
The best way is to conduct a health check I suppose and see if the system is doing what it should and how much ash has been deposited and recorded in the the DPF!
Dennis

sleeper bird

Thanks guys,yea for this many miles will use about a qt of oil every 10,000 miles.Had the oil checked by blackstone twice and everything checked out good.So im thinking shes healthy

Top Bottom