PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Pages : [1] 2 3

poolmike
09-24-2006, 02:07 AM
I'll start it up.

I'm Mike. I live with my wife, Pam, in Richboro PA (just north of Philly). I operate a swimming pool service company with my Sprinter as my trusty steed. Classic cars/trucks are my hobby. I am in the process of resto/modding a 60's era military Jeep truck, and a couple of late 60's Austin Mini's. I'm a do-it-myself mechanic and can't wait to start some performance mods on the Sprinter.

sikwan
09-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Born in Hong Kong, raised in Hawaii (Honolulu) since 1.5yrs. Mom and sister are still there, but I left for college after high school. I live with my wife and son in San Jose, CA (45 min south of San Francisco). I work as an EE in the Silicon Valley and have been here since '89.

I'm a mod crazy guy when it comes to vehicles (cars, vans, motorcycles). I like to hack the electronics, machine metal parts, and weld (TIG). I just sold my precious 00 Jeep Wrangler (I'm going to miss that thing) so that I could turn an R1 into a streetfighter.

I spend at least a day out of the weekend with my wife and son and try to get out every Sunday early morning for some exercise in the dirt riding my motorcycle.

We love to travel and chose the Sprinter for our current/future road trips.

Seek

veepster
09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Hi folks,

I think this is gonna be a great place to hang out! Professionally I am an aircraft mechanic/inspector but also have extensive background in automotive repair. Obsessed tinkerer would be a good way to describe me, as I can seem to find interest in just about anything with more than two moving parts. Other passions include my long time girlfriend and our two dogs. (pugs)

I don't want to get too windy here:)

Till next time,
Veep

michigandon
09-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope this place grows. Not much for Sprinter info out there. My better half uses our 2005 118" low roof mainly for her work as a Maintenance/HVAC tech. With the advent of a quality B20/B99 suplier in the neighborhood, I launched a campaign to phase out gasoline power in our household as much as possible. She uses the Sprinter as a DD and I drive a TDI, and we also have a vintage motorhome that we repowered with a Cummins out of a Dodge pickup, and I'm also resto-modding an M38a1 Jeep that's going to be getting an OM616 from a 240D as well as a '79 CJ7 that's going to be powered by a Nissan SD33/NP435/Dana 18 combo!

Oh yeah, I also mow my lawn and plow my driveway with a grey market Yanmar.:)

beaulieub
09-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Boys n Girls!

I'm Bert from Lake Winnipesaukee NH. I own/operate a campground here in NH and spend the winters being irresponsible for 5 months in Yuma, AZ. Lately, I've been on an old Mercedes Diesel kick. I own 4 vehicles and 3 are Mercedes diesels. Plan on running Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) in my 1980 300SD this winter down in AZ. Looking forward to chatting with you all. Oh - this picture is not me ,grin. but rather my dog Dudley.

Bert - NH
:)

pgr
09-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi all,

I have a silver 140 Hi-Top passenger van I expect to start converting over to a camper this winter.

My wife & I live in Durham, NH (near Portsmouth).

Paul Riccardi

Prostar
09-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Hello to all you Sprinter lovers,
My name is Larry and I live in Rancho Mirage, Ca. I bought New a 2005 Pleasure-way B Class Motor Home on the 2500 Lwb HC van chassis. I have put on approx. 15000 Miles and love it. I even drove it to New York City.
I hope this web site becomes popular with all us folks who love and own sprinter.
My best to all.

Llarry
09-27-2006, 02:51 AM
I'm a retired Navy guy. My wife and I lived in Maryland with llamas in a big back yard until 3 years ago, when we bought 15 acres of pasture and woods near Sublimity, Oregon (20 miles east of Salem, Oregon in the foothills of the Cascade mountains) and moved west.

For years, we hauled llamas in a minivan -- a Dodge Caravan, then a Honda Odyssey -- but the fit was tight and we could only get two in at a time. We saw a Sprinter on a visit to Oregon and started investigating. I ordered a 2003 158-inch wheelbase passenger model in Maryland, intending to load the llamas and drive across country. When delivery was delayed, I ran out of time and cancelled the order. I hired a livestock transport guy to haul 7 llamas from Maryland to Oregon and ordered a 2004 Sprinter in Oregon.

Our Sprinter does not have many miles: something like 6K in 30 months, but we love the van and couldn't live without it. We have a loading ramp in the back and keep only the two-seat bench in the van. We've hauled hay, fencing, lumber, etc., etc. The largest number of llamas we've ever hauled is five, but I think the Sprinter would take ten or so for a short trip. Our herd is now up to 12. Since an adult llama is about 300 lbs, we would bump against the GVWR with a big load of the critters.

One nice feature of llamas; they are born more-or-less potty-trained! They generally only go where others have gone -- we call it "the poop pile." So they do not go in the Sprinter. Very civilized. In case of accidents or muddy feet, we do have a thick, large plastic liner in the Sprinter in back of the seats.

Our Sprinter is stock except for an Alpine head unit and modest speaker upgrade and a two-tone paint job. I've eyed alloy wheels and a Mercedes grille, but can't talk my wife into it. I think she's still a little peeved about the $2500 two-tone paint job! :o

soflo316
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm Todd, from South Florida. I just bought a short/low Silver 06 for my start-up boat dealership business. We sell ONLY electric-propelled boats, specifically the one from LEAR out of California (think LEARJET). I'll be doing some towing and shuttling people around to the dock from the store and such. So far I've driven 750 miles, but have spent at least as much time tweaking and modding the thing as driving it.

Todd

W. Todd Sims, Vice President
EPower Marine
v 617.970.5181
f 857.401.3011

TimT
10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
My name is Tim and my wife and 2 kids have a 06 Winnebago View. We traded in our old c-class in May for it. We live in Kenner Louisiana. I'm a tool and die maker my wife is in the Coast Guard. We cycle, camp and canoe. We normally take the View out once a month on short trips under 500 miles (one way) But once a year we go on a big long trip. The Sprinter doubled our fuel milage.

xtraworx
10-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm Bob. I'm retired after 30 years with IBM. Have 3 grown kids, 4 grand kids. Wife has PhD in Marriage and Family Theropy (so I don't stand a chance). She heads a family violance agency in the local area.

I acquired a 2004 Dodge 3500 flat bed in August of this year from dealer in Ohio. It had only 1500 miles on it and they were ready to move it. Deal so good, I could afford to fly up and drive it back!

My business is making custom furniture so truck configuration will be perfect for hauling raw materials form lumber yard/mill and delivering end product. See www.saladosawmill.com

Look forward to your entries on this forum.

BFargin1
10-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Greetings...I'm Brian and I teach MIS/Computer classes at a mid-sized regional state university here in TN. I love flying and was a pliot (AF) for a living in my former life. I still have a little airplane that I fly on most days where my schedule allows and the WX cooperates.

I like the format of this site and look forward to seeing it grow and prosper.
Cheers,

My_3_Girls
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Hiya,

Although I don't technically own a Sprinter, I do drive one every day. It's the perfect display vehicle to show a few lines of vinyl railing and composite decking that my company distributes. I'm most often found in New England either at lumber yards or jobsites. People like to walk thru a rolling display and the high top means not much bumping of the noggins. I guarantee if you've seen me on the road, you would instantly recognize the vehicle. I'll get a pic as soon as I get it out of the repair shop. She's a 2002 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 with about 140,000 miles.

frostback
11-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Hi all, my name is Derek greetings from the wet coast of British Columbia. I'm a father of two with #3 on the way. My wife and I just purchased a 2003 140 shc passenger van from ebay. We flew down to San Antonio and picked it up. We absolutely love it, nothing like a 2800 mile trial by fire. It was missing the rear seats when we bought it but thanks to Rudi in Phoenix we got matching benches and a Mercedes grill. Thanks Rudi.:cheers: Aside from the surpentine belt beginning to fray and blowing a fuel line clip it was a pretty uneventful trip.:thumbup:
This Sprinter will carry my growing family and their friends on all their outdoor pursuits for years to come I'm sure. A set of Blizzaks and she's gonna be the ski bus of choice.:bounce:

al albanowski
12-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Al, my wife's name is Janet. On 7/22/06 he purchased our first RV,a Roadtrek RS. We looked at every concievable make and model for at least 5 years. While traveling back home to Gettysburg we passed an RV dealership late one Sunday afternoon,we both saw our unit sitting on the corner. This vehicle immediately filled our wants and needs,rare for a married couple. We like the size,efficiency,driveability,modern appearence,diesel,open view,accessories,warranty,workmanship,German practicality,turning radius,small is beautiful,less is more,it fits our personalities,what a TOY. I am looking forward all other Sprinter owners,I even talk to the Fed X drivers.

With common interest,
Al

Johnny
01-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Hi,
i am Johnny 41years old i live in Germany with my wife and son.
my hobbys is my Job, airbrush and customizing .
i always did drive mercedes vans since i have my license i love it
i use my Sprinter every day
looking forward to see this site growing

Old Master
01-11-2007, 02:51 AM
I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John

Altered Sprinter
01-11-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm another retired Navy guy (hello Llarry), living in the Cincinnati area, doing a bit of driving and a bit of boating...well, maybe a lot of boating. I have a standard, high-top, windowless cargo '04 Sprinter. I did the conversion from cargo van to camper van. If you suddenly woke up in the bed, and you had never seen my van and had no clue where you were...you would absolutely swear you were in the captain's stateroom onboard an old wooden sailing ship. Well, you just have to see it. And most significantly, I don't think I spent over $200 on materials. Of course, when I began buying accessories, the $$$ went up. I love the idea of driving over to PA for a Sprinter get-together, but then I like to drive to the grocery...or where ever. Ahh...I've gone on too long here. Nice meeting y'all!

John
Hello John
Welcome to our forum . we hope you enjoy your stay with us, not sure where the Captains are! "Must be asleep on the watch:smirk: I" there Capt's! were Ave' to make em', walk the plank.:eek:
You must show us a few pics of the Mahogany Mystery Ship (SPRINTER) I'm sure as time goes by, you'll have an ol' Captains land lumbers tail, of your wondering! Back to the sea.
Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr
Richard

Old Master
01-12-2007, 01:45 AM
"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat. :laughing:

John

Altered Sprinter
01-12-2007, 03:36 AM
"Ah'rr Me lad's, What be the difference.. between a Ship! and a Boat? Ah'rr...Richard"

Ah'rr...Richard: The difference is (drumroll) Donald Trump owns a ship, and I own a boat. :laughing:

John
Ah'rr Me hearty's Now being from the lowlands down under , that explains the difference!!!!!!
"DONALD TRUMP" owns a ship?
Does that mean that a boat, has oars! "And she can be steered!" But a ship? Ah'rr She be,but "full of whores":lol:
I like that one. Richard

georgetg
01-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Ok back to the topic,

I'm a reginal airline pilot based in Fresno living in Bakersfield. I'm married and we have a 4 year old Char-Pei/Yellow lab mix. Our dog get sick on car trips, so we got a Subaru Baja Tubo for my wifes to drive the dog around. Unfortunately at 100+ degrees in the summer it's a bit hot for the poor dog on the black plastic bed so we got the Sprinter. The dog thinks it's a house. Now we go camping to Pismo Beach an can take the dog.

I grew up in Germany. In the late 80's I would regularly drive a 209 Mercedes van to pick up Spelt Beer in Bavaria and deliver it to Konstanz. It was fun and challenging driving that overloaded van in the hilly countryside and it must have made an impression on me.

I'm glad my wife bought the dog argument to get the Sprinter and it's my daily driver, in fact it gets better mileage than the Baja.

I'm slowly converting my passenger van to a camper wit seating for 6. I've had this VW Multivan bench that convert to a sleeper bed collecting dust in my garage and hopefully I'll be able to find the time to finally install them in the Sprinter in the next few weeks.

Cheers
George

Old Master
01-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Richard...you talk like a pirate really well, but I've never seen you use the words "G'day mate!", or "Crikey!" Are you sure you're a real Aussie? :tongue:

Old Master

Altered Sprinter
01-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Richard...you talk like a pirate really well, but I've never seen you use the words "G'day mate!", or "Crikey!" Are you sure you're a real Aussie? :tongue:

Old Master
Answer: G'day.There is a difference to an Australian and a Tasmanian from English upper class decent, in My case Scotland of which I be a decedent from the Scottish Royals:clapping:
As the Queen did say, We are not amused! "Off with their heads :thumbdown:
Ok I am a Tasmanian but with Canadian Connections, as all of my relatives live in Vancouver or Vancouver Island.ex-pats from Rhodesia down on the Horn, but that's from long ago too as the name has changed once or twice since then Made a fortune out of cattle.
Tasmanians have two heads! "We play two up:smilewink:" nearly started World war three , when the U.S navy was down under on RR half a century ago, They reckon were a bunch of Crooks Spoiled Sports, then again a red headed AUSSIE' LOVES A a bottle or two, now days we drown the tinny and shake the snake, to put out them bloody Bush fires! that some pyro- maniac, keeps on playing with matches.

Tasmanians support that useless block of real-estate called Australia.
But we have the water to export to the those in need our our resources.

Tassie lingo
How Ya' going mate! strewth it's "Bloody hot" down under.
Crikey you Yanks are watching to much of Steve Irwin and Bindi,, Crock' hunters she's a real beauty, that little girl and he mum, American! Is so proud of her too.
Now me ol' mate! I don't live that far back in the boon docks, where them crows fly backwards, I mean Strike me Pink!COCK? you could flatten a lizards tail! And tie me kangaroo down, sport. But we do have sat-com communication's TWO PIGEONS ON RELAY 12 hour shifts
Educated too:crazy: well thats debatable? I know a few Bloke's a few Bob:2cents: short of and empty egg crate.
TRAVELED THE WORLD! BEEN TO WAR, TOO MANY! SAW IT ALL, THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF THE INNOCENT, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN. AND THE HEAT STILL GOES ON, THERE IS NO SOLUTION UNTIL WE ALL UNITE AS ONE, TO BECOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS IRRESPECTIVE OF COLOR OR RACE. WE NEED PEACE! AND THE WORLD NEEDS TO LEARN TO SHARE IT'S WEALTH EQUALLY.AMONGST THE POORER NATIONS.
APART FROM THAT I'M A STIRRER OF THE WORSE KIND, BUT THAT'S HOW WE LARIKINS FROM DOWN UNDER REACT, WHEN WERE LOOKING TO AMUSE OUR MINDS! AFTER ALL THE BLOCK DOWN UNDER HAS SPACE TO SPARE.:tongue:
Latest Tourism advert for the U.S.A is "Where the bloody hell are you!"
RICHARD.

Old Master
01-14-2007, 02:00 AM
hmmm...well, thank you for clearing up the difference between an Aussie and a Tasmanian, although you did take the long way 'round. :professor::snore: But, enquiring minds all over the world want to know: Aussies have their dingos, 'roos, and Aussie women...what do you royal-blooded Tasmanians have, other than your Tassie Devils and ex-pat Rhodesians (Zimmbobs?)-Royal Scot-Cannucks??? :thinking: Are there any womens there...an' are yer wimmins as good looking as those bee-yoo-dee-ful Tasmanian Devils??? :D

Altered Sprinter
01-16-2007, 12:54 AM
hmmm...well, thank you for clearing up the difference between an Aussie and a Tasmanian, although you did take the long way 'round. :professor::snore: But, enquiring minds all over the world want to know: Aussies have their dingos, 'roos, and Aussie women...what do you royal-blooded Tasmanians have, other than your Tassie Devils and ex-pat Rhodesians (Zimmbobs?)-Royal Scot-Cannucks??? :thinking: Are there any womens there...an' are yer wimmins as good looking as those bee-yoo-dee-ful Tasmanian Devils??? :D
Of course the Girls are as pretty as you would think, after all it took the Prince of Denmark to find one of our local devils to marry. and she took a devil back with her, to Denmark:crazy:
Wild life is a varied as you can imagine from platypus to walking fish, we have the tiger still about. lurking in the east south section, even though they are supposed to be extinct:D Like hell! I know the difference between a stripe! and a "Spotted Qual" of course we build the cats and export them all over the world the U.S Navy and marines think they're neat now they're being built over there
life's a breeze down under, I think I'll take a sailing trip! Ahoy me laddies weigh anchor, drop the Mainsail and set tilyard for a little fun down on the duck pond yonder, Ah'rrrr
Richard
INCAT NEWS (http://www.incat.com.au/news/index.cgi)

tasmanian_devil.jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=668&stc=1&d=1168911560)

Old Master
01-17-2007, 02:41 AM
Man, those cats are spec-freakin'-tacular! They gotta be stable as heck in heavy seas...as opposed to my first ship in '63, a little pre-WWII destroyer that danced an Irish jig in the mildest breeze. Hey, do you live near the water there in Taz? An' do ye hae a boot? Ye ken, laddie? :D

And, that Tazzie Devil looks a bit like my ex-wife, but it probably has a better disposition. :cheers:

Altered Sprinter
01-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Man, those cats are spec-freakin'-tacular! They gotta be stable as heck in heavy seas...as opposed to my first ship in '63, a little pre-WWII destroyer that danced an Irish jig in the mildest breeze. Hey, do you live near the water there in Taz? An' do ye hae a boot? Ye ken, laddie? :D

And, that Tazzie Devil looks a bit like my ex-wife, but it probably has a better disposition. :cheers:
Dear John
Had to laugh at your last comment re Devil-Ex
Yes I live on the Eastern shore of the Derwent Channel, full blown views from Nine to Three o'clock! So hot last night, I sat out on the front deck listening to the Thunder roar out it's warning, as the lightning filled the air with electricity, and danced with the shadows of the night .
And yes I did own a boat shared called the Bulla Girl ,named after the first shipment of convict wenches shipped down under from jolly ole' England. She was a steel thirty six footer, cut down from 48Ft and rebuilt, from an ex fishing boat we salvaged from the Bass Straight, sold it last year the new owner parked it in the fish pond and down it went to Davy John's locker, seems the rear exhaust ports corroded and the water came a tumbling in, I knew we should have used a bronze weld instead of Stainless:bash: he's insured
The In-cat ship yards are just a few miles up the river and they're always testing them prior to delivery.

One picture is of the Hobart waterfront, the other is at Brunny Island where I'm working at the moment, funny thing happened today when I got down to Kettering to put my Sprinter on the Ferry.... I had an uncomfortable moment in time ,when you stop and think about it. as I do get around an awful lot, I thought about this very strange thing that happened. We are five rocks from the Planet, in a world of How many billions of People? and just as many sq miles to to go walkabout,/
Of all the places in this crazy mixed up world of ours! "My EX-Wife landed on the same Dam Ferry" How weired is that! she does not even live in the State, If I was the Captain! I'd make her walk the Plank:yell: {No I wouldn't} Made me think why I disappear from time to time in My journey through life, chasing too many Ghost's, Ah'rrr Yes I did have a small Ship in the last six months, I called her Percilla' Queen of the Desert as My ship was of the Desert variety a Camel.:smirk: Them Middle Eastern Ships sure have some strange habits, ended up in the opposite direction I was going, many a time, always in the wrong place at the wrong time it seems,but that's another story.
Richard

Old Master
01-20-2007, 03:50 AM
Man, I absotootly LOVE that harbor photo! Some people have all the luck...I would really like to live there if that scene could be what I see when I awake in the mornings and drink my coffee. I would live on a boat if I were there!

I'd post a photo of my boat and my Sprinter if only I knew how to do it. Yeah, yeah...I read the article that Seek wrote about posting photos :professor: ; I understood about half of it :thinking:.

Hey...I guess it would be a waste of keyboard strokes to ask if you can come to the Carlisle, PA "1st Annual Meeting of the International Sprinter Lover's (and Occasional Sprinter Hater's) Association," you being halfway around the world and all. Why don't you do what some guys have done...climb up inside the landing gear compartment of a 747...take a couple of tuna salad sandwiches and a plastic jug to pee in...heck, you could be here in aboot 16 hours. I don't have a spare bedroom, but you could sleep in my Sprinter. You would undoubtedly win the prize for "Who traveled the longest distance to be at the PA meeting." :rad: On the other hand, your Ex would probably be there...talking to my Ex, arguing aboot which is the biggest jerk, you or me...HA-HA-HA!!!

sikwan
01-20-2007, 04:04 AM
I'd post a photo of my boat and my Sprinter if only I knew how to do it. Yeah, yeah...I read the article that Seek wrote about posting photos :professor: ; I understood about half of it :thinking:.

Oh, oh...I know we've changed a few things that would make the pictures uploading a little confusing, but it shouldn't be too bad should it? :thinking:

I should make the corrections to reflect what it is now, but please give my your thoughts on why there might be any confusion. Either PM me or post it in the Comment section near the bottom of the main forum list.

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter
01-20-2007, 11:47 AM
749Man, I absotootly LOVE that harbor photo! Some people have all the luck...I would really like to live there if that scene could be what I see when I awake in the mornings and drink my coffee. I would live on a boat if I were there!

Hey...I guess it would be a waste of keyboard strokes to ask if you can come to the Carlisle, PA "1st Annual Meeting of the International Sprinter Lover's (and Occasional Sprinter Hater's) Association," you being halfway around the world and all. Why don't you do what some guys have done...climb up inside the landing gear compartment of a 747...take a couple of tuna salad sandwiches and a plastic jug to pee in...heck, you could be here in aboot 16 hours. I don't have a spare bedroom, but you could sleep in my Sprinter. You would undoubtedly win the prize for "Who traveled the longest distance to be at the PA meeting." :rad: On the other hand, your Ex would probably be there...talking to my Ex, arguing aboot which is the biggest jerk, you or me...HA-HA-HA!!!
John it's called a senior moment in time:idunno:
I'd love to come back over to the States, but I have to rebuild my Business, too much time away, and when the cats away, the rats come out to play, Sneaking on a 747 takes twenty hours on a one way flight from Melbourne to LA where the big jet engines fly, as for the wheel hold and a plastic jug, it had better be filled with a full complement of the best British Rum and a little 100% proof Scottish whiskey, to act as a anti-freeze agent
But it would be neat to stay awhile in the mystery Mahogany ship, as for the Capt'n moving out! I must be Admiralty OH I forgot yes I'm Royalty:lol:
And knowing me I'd jinx Ya' ship me laddie That dam ex of mine, is likely to cast her veil of White! "Above the Mainsail, as St Elmo's Fire" drops in on a stormy night, be an electrifying experience.

From where I am siting to-nite in my vision room above, I look across the river Derwent, to Hobart Town. I see the city lights, neon bright, as they reflect the magic of her cascading lights, into the silk of darkness. "All mysterious, as the ocean is deep.

My Island home is a place you never leave, and when you are called away from time, to time, your heart remains, no matter where you go on this earth of ours, in the stillness of a night."You can hear the distance sounds of the meadow lark calling's." your journey's through life, always lead you back from where you are standing,memories are made of this,They're to strong, so strong, the rivers run too deep, and I'm just a "Sentimental Bloke".
As for Photo's I can also help you on this if you are in need, It's not hard, just hard from where your looking, take a step forward and all becomes easier as you explore the mystery of a PC:crazy:

Few photo's leaving Kettering across the duck pond to Brunny Island as I'm about to go back for a couple of weeks Large project to be done down there, So if you came down to the land down under, I'd shout you a beer or two and give ya' a Vegemite sandwich, and a room with a view.'"True Blue"
Richard.
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gifDSC00102 (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=746&stc=1&d=1169296469)
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gifChoppy waters (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=747&stc=1&d=1169296516)
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gifKettering Bay (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=748&stc=1&d=1169296559)
http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/images/attach/jpg.gifDSC00095 (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=749&stc=1&d=1169296715)
For some reason the last photo is not coming out on the forum, must have overloaded my global limit! Just click it and it should open up as a separate photo.

Bruce Campbell
01-23-2007, 01:24 AM
New Vista Cruiser owner. Bought a 2005 this past October and have put 2000 miles around upstate NY. We live in Cazenovia, NY on Cazenovia Lake. Will retire end of June from teaching music and plan to travel to visit friends and family and to play alot of golf. Three kids in college and several trips planned for this spring and summer. A couple of friends and I are going to Alabama next fall to try the golf trail. I need to find great public golf courses to became destinations. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'll be on a fixed income with kids in college I'm looking for cheap camping and inexpensive golf. My wife isn't retiring but will travel when ever possible. My youngest daughter is a freshman at Scripps College near L.A. so this summer will include a trip from NY to L.A. to take her to college. DW will fly home and I'll go see the Grand Canyon. I'm optimistic this will all work out and if it does not I'll have an expensive generator parked in my driveway. Bruce

Old Master
01-23-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey Richard...thanks so much for those photos. I really enjoy seeing locations like your neighbourhood...the stuff one doesn't normally see on postcards.
I would love to ship my wee boat over there and spend about three months exploring your rivers and coastline. But what am I stuck with??? The Ohio River, which one must scrape off the bottom of the boat after a few hours cruising. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, actually.
Last November I drove from Ohio to the Georgia-Florida line, towing me boot aft'o me Sprinter...spent a week or so concentrating on not running aground in the St. Mary's River, on the Intra-Coastal Waterway. (Hmmm...why am I telling you all this?)
I guess seeing the photos made me want to tow my boat nor'east...perhaps to New Scotland (Nova Scotia.) Let's see, you say you are a "Royal Scot"...right? So if I gave them your name, f'instance I would strut into the Halifax Hilton and shout, "Sir Richard, of the House of Altered Sprinter, currently serving HRM under a Royal Commission in Van Dieman's Land...eh...he's a mate 'o mine, what? A decent bloke, what, what?...crikey, crikey, and all that ..." etc., etc. You think they's give me all kinds of discounts, free suite, hot 'n cold running maids, and other courtesies...roll out the red carpet, as it were??? :cheers:
Over and out!

Altered Sprinter
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Welcome Bruce
I hope you enjoy the forum, and share your travels with the members, some play golf :thinking: but were all into music:thumbup:
Richard

Altered Sprinter
01-23-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey Richard...thanks so much for those photos. I really enjoy seeing locations like your neighbourhood...the stuff one doesn't normally see on postcards.
I would love to ship my wee boat over there and spend about three months exploring your rivers and coastline. But what am I stuck with??? The Ohio River, which one must scrape off the bottom of the boat after a few hours cruising. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, actually.
Last November I drove from Ohio to the Georgia-Florida line, towing me boot aft'o me Sprinter...spent a week or so concentrating on not running aground in the St. Mary's River, on the Intra-Coastal Waterway. (Hmmm...why am I telling you all this?)
I guess seeing the photos made me want to tow my boat nor'east...perhaps to New Scotland (Nova Scotia.) Let's see, you say you are a "Royal Scot"...right? So if I gave them your name, f'instance I would strut into the Halifax Hilton and shout, "Sir Richard, of the House of Altered Sprinter, currently serving HRM under a Royal Commission in Van Dieman's Land...eh...he's a mate 'o mine, what? A decent bloke, what, what?...crikey, crikey, and all that ..." etc., etc. You think they's give me all kinds of discounts, free suite, hot 'n cold running maids, and other courtesies...roll out the red carpet, as it were??? :cheers:
Over and out!"
Crikey! I thought I was good at dreaming up a good yarn.. Narrr ' I'll send you a copy of the Castle "tell em' He's Dreaming:smirk:
I was trying to think of a way to describe Hobart, not an easy one until I looked at from where you are residing, Hell's Bell's thats a big place, but if per say you dropped back to the early nineteenth century, then thats what Hobart looks like, as most of it's original superstructures remains along with the advancement of it's history.
Links.Google Image Result for http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~tbutler/trips/Taz-2006Jan/01-Taz-photos/04%20-%20Hobart%20-%20Salamanca%20buildings.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/%7Etbutler/trips/Taz-2006Jan/01-Taz-photos/04%2520-%2520Hobart%2520-%2520Salamanca%2520buildings.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/%7Etbutler/trips/Taz-2006Jan/01-Taz-photos/&h=600&w=800&sz=62&hl=en&start=50&tbnid=cXDUOeV0Ic1i0M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhobart%2Bbuildings%26start%3D40%26nds p%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGGL ,GGGL:2006-45,GGGL:en%26sa%3DN)

Tasmania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmania)

Google Image Result for http://matthew.mumford.com/photos/australia/02_dove_lake_circuit.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://matthew.mumford.com/photos/australia/02_dove_lake_circuit.jpg&imgrefurl=http://matthew.mumford.com/australia_photos.htm&h=683&w=1024&sz=184&hl=en&start=30&tbnid=mhaDeZJc_T11DM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlake%2Bdove%2BTasmania%26start%3D20%2 6ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3D GGGL,GGGL:2006-45,GGGL:en%26sa%3DN)

As for going down to Florida, get real! There's alligators in them swamps, and mosquito's as big as Golf balls! and "lousy ol' cat fish" Heck the worst we have are toe nippers, fresh water lobsters and ankle bitters, "platypus" that look like Dr frankinstine stitched up a whole bunch of furry animals, into one! The thing even lays eggs, but we have the best trout in the world up in the Central Highlands, boats , hook line and sinker,and this is true, honest I wouldn't lie, as it's a fact, not a myth. When the American tourists come down to our Island hideaway, there's a percentage that just disappear, they never come out of the woods, funny come to think of it, the Canadians get lost in the wilderness as well they don't come back either :lol:maybe that's why 4% of my client base are ex North Americans.
seriously, if you ever did make it down , most folk just want to stay it's a fantastic place, with a great life style, and the best part of it all is it's 90% free and you don't have to tip.
Richard

PS If you want to chat? let me know. I'll set up a section called the chatter box in the off topic section, I think Zack or Seek might have a go at me for blocking the welcome to the forum section, as I have seemed to have hijacked the thread, let me know and I'll do it.
Australian expression G'day, G;day and what'a ya' know Oi, Oi, Oi.
PSS: Leave your cursor on the center of each photo and it will describe the name of each print

Old Master
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah, why don't you do the chatter box thingy; I guess we have monopolized this thread. I'll watch for it. And, may I ask what the business is to which you keep referring? I mean, unless you're a hit man, or a CIA agent, or something cool like that, you don't have to reveal it. Picking up on some clues I've noticed, I'd guess you're a fishing or hunting guide for rich Yank tourists. Oh wait, you might be a geologist...I notice the quote at the bottom of your posts...the "rocks" thing.

Altered Sprinter
01-24-2007, 06:03 AM
Yeah, why don't you do the chatter box thingy; I guess we have monopolized this thread. I'll watch for it.
OK Give me day or two and I'll set it up.. I'll call it the "Chit Chat Box" that will get a few lookers in:eek:
And, may I ask what the business is to which you keep referring? I mean, unless you're a hit man, or a CIA agent,It's in my profile look and ye shall find or something cool like that, you don't have to reveal it.
Clue! My Grandfather, long time ago, as a child , said to me what do you want to be, when I grow up? I said "I Dunno'":idunno:He said get a trade son and you'll never be short of a Bob,:2cents: he was right.
Picking up on some clues I've noticed, I'd guess you're a fishing or hunting guide for rich Yank tourists.
Ah'rrr me laddie Tis for me to pick and chose, before I throw the Blade:wtf:
Oh wait, you might be a geologist...I notice the quote at the bottom of your posts...the "rocks" thing.
Humm' geologist! Nar' too many times I've been caught between a rock, and hard place.
I guess the reference was as I have always owned Vans matches the theme of "VAN DEMONS LAND" , then you do what comes natural with the opposite specie of the sex:shhh: in the back of a Van.Yeah!:rad::rad:ROCK ON. THE REST IS TOTALLY:censored:
PS Look for off topic section that's where I'll run the Chit chat thing.
Richard
Next Day Done: "chit-chat Talk Back About Anything" - Sprinter-Forum.com (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685)

mgameros
01-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Hello Folks! My name is Moses Gameros and I live in Los Angeles area. I'm 33yrs old with 3.5 kids. I bought my 2006 158 Pass Sprinter about 35 days ago. I have already been to San Francisco, Las Vegas twice and just this weekend to Santa Barbara. I love it! The main use for my sprinter is for my business but it's also my SUV and Toy Hauler for my dirt bikes. I have posted some pictures below of my new toy.

mgameros

Altered Sprinter
01-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Well Howdy Moses and welcome to the club! I'm sure you will enjoy the stay, as there are places to go! And games to play.
PS Neat 2006 Sprinter! Whats with the Merc' front 2002?
Still a nice one .
Have a great day.
Richard
Aussie Sprinter (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=824&stc=1&d=1169722167)

Zach Woods
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Howdy Richard -

When I swapped over to an MB front grill I also used a grill like the one Moses used. So it is possible that my 2005 Airstream Sprinter Westfalia, built on a 2004 Freightliner titled chassis, has a 2002 Mercedes grill on it.

I used that grill because that is what a Belgian MB dealership sold me (I picked it up while in Europe).

Pros

- no need to worry about painting the grill surround body color

- I find the look simpler / cleaner

- maybe slightly simpler to install (I don't know I've never installed the version with the surround!)

Cons

- my grill had two post receptacles for my cdi badge instead of the 3 that it should have had so I had to glue the cdi end in place (it was starting to bend away from the vehicle due to wind/ air pressure)

- I like the look of the "honeycomb" style grill a bit more

Zach

Altered Sprinter
01-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the update on that one, now I know why. the guy on eBay sprinter acc' sells both of them I think? as a kit minus the steering wheel star,Yeah I know why , but it does sit below the air bag cover Honest, it's not above it, another mystery there on that one, any way either look good on the LWB hi top sprinters in both silver and Gold
Richard313 CDi (Large).jpg (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=833&stc=1&d=1169732517)

sikwan
01-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I went for the metal surround like what Richard is showing. It was $65 for me to paint the surround. From the comments above...

- I don't have the chrome strips at the slat ends like Richard's grille.
- I think I have the same two post receptacles for the CDI badge like Zach's, but I'll have to check again.

It's interesting that in Richard's (Altered Sprinter) picture, there's no chrome plated plastic license cover. I wanted to remove mine, but will soon paint mine to match the bumper because the temp sensor mounts on easily.

Seek

mgameros
01-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn't know there was a difference. Now I'm alittle upset:censored:

Altered Sprinter
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I didn't know there was a difference. Now I'm alittle upset:censored:
I'm a little upset! Gee I meant no pun , But Gee you got the chrome license plate holder, man I have not this one it's a US custom for you guys only, Now I'm a little Jealous.
PS chrome strips for the grille Buy them from a Mercedes Vitro and pay a fortune for them or go to the local trim shop auto and do it your self for under 10 bucks, I did say I was a cheap skate, but I do look outside of the square.
"Where they is a way! I'll find it, to save a dollar, even if I have to spend ten to save a single dollar, work that one out:thinking: ?"
Richard

mgameros
01-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I want the new grill! Where can I get it?

sikwan
01-26-2007, 04:56 AM
I want the new grill! Where can I get it?

Moses:

Either contact Chaozz (I think he's local to you) in reference to this...

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1811&postcount=10

or contact the guy off ebay. The guy (Rudi) off Ebay is probably more expensive.

Seek

Altered Sprinter
02-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Hello Members, just a reminder for some of our newer members, to stop in and introduce your self.
Have nice day
Richard

acvr4
02-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey Guys,
My name is Andy and I'm in Sharon, CT. Single and looking :bounce:
I'm an Electrican and I was in need to replace my current work van (Dodge Ram 5.9l 1 ton) and was looking around. I was set to go with a Chevy until I started to look into the Sprinters. Well a deal on a used one(05 Freightliner 2500 HT) was found and that ended the search. I'm still working on a permant bin system in it. I finally got the insulation installed in the cargo and want to get a few other thing done but the weather been a little rough (very cold) since I got it and I can't put it in my garage (hi-top).
This forum is great and looking to learn as much as possible here :thumbup:

Andy

Altered Sprinter
02-21-2007, 05:15 AM
The weather can only improve Andy:thumbup:
Richard

jriordan
02-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi Everyone, I am Jim Riordan. My wife and I have our own product development and marketing business and have for 25 years. My hobbies are aerobatic flying, motorcycle riding, building custom roadsters from scratch, playing music, camping and trying to fly aerobatic RC helicopters. Trust me it is much easier flying from inside the plane/helicopter. My wife's hobbies are quilting, sewing and camping. I am the person who was asked by the local Dodge Sprinter dealer to design the Sprinter turbo resonator eliminator. You can see photos of our Sprinter motor home and other hobbies/products on our website at riordanco.com. We are located in Cameron Park, California and absolutely love our Sprinter with its Forest River MB Cruiser conversion. We have been fortunate to not have suffered any problems with our unit at all other than replacing the resonator with our own part. Other than that, it gets about 19.5 mpg average and out of all the motor homes, from small to huge, that we have had over the years, we like this one the best.

sikwan
02-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Welcome Jim. :thumbup:

Altered Sprinter
02-23-2007, 04:59 AM
Hi Jim
Welcome ! I just prior to viewing this thread as I linked your turbo redesign, into another thread as to what you stated, briefly it had been discussed a few times in other threads, pop in and have a brief look at it, I'd like to ask you a question , as these are not an Issue in Australia.
Follow this link which will guide you into the one,'I would like to ask a question' as to the many failures across the states, as to this part.
Pet Peeves with your Sprinter - Page 3 - Sprinter-Forum.com (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598&page=3)
Richard

sikwan
02-23-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi Jim and Richard:

I moved some of the posts that were in the wrong thread here...

http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796

Thanks,
Seek

JamesM
02-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Hello. My name is James but I've been called "Chip" since birth which was quite some time ago. I have had some type of full size van since 1977 which has mainly been used for hauling dirt bikes until 2001 when the whole family took up mountain biking (including my identical twin sons who now have their own families). My wife and I are avid mountain bikers and have traveled from our home in Colorado to many states including as far as Oregon and North Carolina to engage in this activity. Our new '06 140 passenger Sprinter has been set up to carry the bicycles and motorcycles and is considered pretty much community property for use by family members as needed.

I just installed a set of Koni shocks and struts from The Sprinter Store (Upscale Automotive) and am very pleased with the results. John's recomended settings seem spot on. They cured what I felt was excessive float and improved handling without adding harshness.

My daily driver since 1986 has been some sort of lightly modifided Jeep Wrangler (currently an 04 Rubicon). Over the years we have done most off road trails in Colorado and Utah but that has slowed a lot with the current focus on biking.

I have already benefited from the experience of others on this site and look forward to future participation.

Altered Sprinter
02-26-2007, 09:59 PM
JamesM
Welcome to the forum ,enjoy you stay.
Richard

chaozz
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
i was thinking of changing the struts also.
when i get behind a Semi it wants to push me from side
to side

kkanuck
02-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Me too Chaozz,

A group buy would be great on 4 way Koni's, struts, and the heavyduty rear stabilizer bar I have read about. Any interested in these parts?

Altered Sprinter
02-27-2007, 03:49 AM
i was thinking of changing the struts also.
when i get behind a Semi it wants to push me from side
to side

Me too Chaozz,

A group buy would be great on 4 way Koni's, struts, and the heavyduty rear stabilizer bar I have read about. Any interested in these parts?

Hi Guys how about a chit chat on the subject following this link please
HK ran it, and Andy has a PDF on the subject.

Sway bar discussion - Sprinter-Forum.com (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315)
Cheers
Richard

Aircraft Wrench
03-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Greetings!

I'm Jim Barker, married with a daughter. I am an aircraft mechanic specializing in vibration analysis and propeller balancing. I just bought a new 2006 140 SHC cargo from Roanoke Motors in ILL. Drove 430 miles the first day and I LOVE IT!! (used 3/4 tank) we will be fitting the interior front 1/2 for seating/RV and the aft half for work space/tools. I road trip (for two to three weeks at a shot) around the US performing services and analysis and we home school so thats why the front half/rear half!
I'm looking forward to bio diesel and turbo whistle (I'll be replacing the resonator soon!) (and balancing the drive shaft)
Best regards!

Jim Barker
www.aviationvibes.com

BaywoodBill
03-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Good to have you here. Perhaps your expertise will assist some of us. I expect it takes quite a bit of your sort of expertise to balance the drive shaft.

Photos of your improvements to the interior will be lookd forward to by many of us.

KenB
03-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Howdy to All Y'All,
:professor: (texans say "Y'All" (yuh-Awl), Oklahomans say "All Y-All") . I am an Oklahoman, not an Okie. Okies (like Arkies - Arkansans or Arkansawyers that moved away from hard times in Arkansas) usually left dust-bowl Oklahoma and went to LA-LA Land or some other part of California... Okie and Arkie are derrogatorey to me... enough about the distant past. :professor:

Yukon, Oklahoma, USA (Oklahoma ranges from Hills and Woods in the East to nearly desert-like and otherwise flat in parts of the west). Yukon is right in the middle by OKC (Oklahoma City, OK). My great grandad Roebuck was a ranch hand (prior to statehood in 1907, happy Statehood Centennial OKLAHOMA!!) for Will Rogers' family, the great american humorist, newspaper columnist, Roper, and movie star. Our 2 main airports are named after Will Rogers and Wiley Post, both of these famous Oklahomans died in a tragic Aiplane CRASH in Alaska... Wiley Post invented the high-altitude flight suit (pre-cursor to the space suit).:thinking: Part American Indian, German, English, Irish, Dutch... but not very much.

Proud owner of a 2004 2500HC MWB, Dodge Sprinter Wagon (passenger), Arctic White paint, white M.B. grill, badges, hub caps on 16" steel wheels. All Dodge badges removed with Un-Do (best adhesive remover found during project). Goof-Off, Prep-All and others not so good. Bought my 2004 Sprinter in OKC in September 2005 (624 dealer Miles, but bought as new) and got a discount of about $6-7K (US $'s). 10 passenger seats, but got the dealer to agree to put a third seat rail in the floor so that the wide 3-seat bench goes in ahead of the 2-seat row... I can now just take the 2-seater out for maximum cargo in the back.:rad: Also can move the 3-seater back to the rear if i want to.

My name is Kenneth Baker, I was born and raised in Oklahoma, have my B.S. in Petroleum engineering Technology from Oklahoma State University ('84) and then moved to Dallas (the Big "D") Texas for 13 years to learn IBM Mainframe computer technology and came back to Oklahoma as soon as I could find a job in mainframe security (my chosen specialty). My two weeks in the oil-fields after college were about as scary as you can imagine (guys smoking funny little pipes, drinking tall-boys (tall cans of beer), and loading HIGH EXPLOSIVES do not constitute a joke-like situation). somehow I survived 2 wks. :bow:

I learned of Sprinters by accident on the internet about 2002... I was on a trip after Odyssey of the Mind World Finals (Ames Iowa) and saw a Sprinter that was driven by a UPS driver in the middle of nowhere in the Sand Hills of Western Nebraska. We were stopped at a constuction area and talked to him while waiting for the crew to lead us through to the far side... He loved his Sprinter and was SO happy to be out of the "Big Brown Boring Box Brigade". Obviously his route was LONG and not having frequent stops, perfectly like our future trips and our reason for having a Sprinter (long miles, few stops, long life).:thumbup: I now drive mine every day.

Only after getting my wife to test drive one would she even consider buying a Sprinter (Too BIG). Now she loves it... even to drive it around town (except at night when/if she has to back it in/out of spots). My kids love being able to take alot of friends places, but the lack of adjustments on the benches for them is annoying. Too many rattles in a brand new vehicle is my main pet peeve.

I have chased alot of rattles, even in the EMPTY brand-spanking new van... We are NOT amused!!!:bash: I also had the "O" ring problem on the transmission, the lumbar supports quit within weeks, the central locking timer was schizo within days, and most of the rattles fixed (almost all by me) have almost all come back. RSN is rearing it ugly head a bit at 24K miles, and it was certainly possible when new (at 1K miles). The DEALER was just about WORTHLESS in the Rattle Fixing Dept. Ignore the problem, it's not a problem, just an problem for you sir... It's an SEP (somebody else's problem, ignore it and it will go away for ME says the dealer)...I like British literature incl. Doug Adams, JRR Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, etc.

We should have a "rattle fixer" section on this site... but I don't know how to open a new category yet!.!.!.! My dad was an oil-field worker and a trained Buick mechanic. I can do most any maintenance on any vehicle, but not engine/transmission exchanges (but i have done one on a 1987 Mitsu (vacuum hose technology "sucks") Montero with my son, it is running well, thanks for asking, but the idle function is FLAKY). :lol:

I wish I had an ODB scanner; I am not, however, made of money, nor does my livelihood require me to have one.:cry:

I have acquired full (Stainless Steel) running boards for my 140" Sprinter from Truck-'N-Vans on the internet, but the brackets don't fit the 2004 model and I have had no time to make my own... this is a job for a professional, maybe? I have learned alot about steel fabrication lately, but no time to apply the knowledge to this project.

Left handed, right brained, raising teenagers (1 High School Frosh, 1 H.S. Senior). Coaching Odyssey of the Mind for my son's team. My favorite magazine column as a child was "Ask Smokey" (car repair). I've never owned a high-performance vehicle; but, like super models, they are nice to look at.

You don't have to tell my wife I was looking at either super cars or high-performance models or vice-a-versa... she knows I can't handle either one!!!

If you're a political Conservative I am more liberal than you... If you are a
political Liberal, I am more conservative than you as well... just don't call me middle-of-the-road (or wishy-washy), every issue has its merits and I don't have to agree with an overall "agenda".

TMI, TMI..

KenB

Altered Sprinter
03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Ken.
"The Members welcome you".
Thats one long mighty thread of information on the road through middle land, then I'm sure there would be many Hobbits awaiting to hop aboard the middle row of the long White Sprinter, to continue the adventure in to the future threads of the Sprinter-Forum.[Hobbits and Dragons live forever]
I'm sure you will work out where the threads lurk! 'in your journey through the forum', we have some excellent members, and being still small but growing, it won't take long for you to make a few friends or two:thumbup:
I have a strong felling! "your going to knock me out on long winded posts", about time too:professor:
looking forward to your future postings.:popcorn:
Richard

KenB
03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Richard,
I used to go for run-on sentences, now I just run on...

To be fair, I would rather that a "get to know" entry have some substance, but lacking same, I thought that I could go for length instead of depth.

Oklahoma is the home of extreme weather... Will Rogers said "If you don't like the weather, wait an hour, its bound to change."

A technical explanation is seldom short and complete... I value the chance to learn, even if it is just a new perspective and the chance to teach is an even greater chance to learn. You get into the subject with greater depth if first you think hard enough to get your point across to someone else.

If only I could find this kind of group for work on my son's '87 Mitsu Montero. Mitsu parts are high priced, kind of like the reputation of MB parts.

Yes, you have good members... that's why I want to be here!

Thanks for the warm welcome,

KenB

sikwan
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Welcome Ken!

I used to go for run-on sentences, now I just run on...

Don't worry. Richard has the same problem. :shhh: :laughing:

A technical explanation is seldom short and complete... I value the chance to learn, even if it is just a new perspective and the chance to teach is an even greater chance to learn. You get into the subject with greater depth if first you think hard enough to get your point across to someone else.

No doubt. :clapping:

:cheers:
Seek

phaeton
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi All :cheers:

I'm a big time VW Enthusiast interested in the whole brand not just one particular model.
I have been 11 yrs with the brand, author of many VW Wikipedia pages including my highlight being the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Commercial_Vehicles page.

My Wiki profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:VWphaetonfan

I'm member to heaps of Auto Forums
www.carspyshots.net
www.fordaustraliaforums.com
www.chinacarforums.com
www.vwvortex.com
www.thesamba.com
www.germancarzone.com
www.vwwatercooled.org.au where I met Altered Sprinter (Richard).

(most VW related)

Anyway am learning to drive so I don't have a car yet :shhh:

Cheers
Ben

Altered Sprinter
03-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Welcome Ben
some of the guys will catch up latter on, the boys need their Sleep:smilewink:
especially our mighty leader Silkwin , He goes wondering in his Jamey's Gee it goes to show we all do strange things after dark.
Sorry Seek I know the Lad forgive me again its an Aussie thing:thumbup:
I'll give you credit Ben where Credits due you know more than those crazy sales rps that's for sure.
Richard
PS How did your interest start in the Crafters big toys, Thinking when I was younger back in a another century:thinking: I had a need for speed and other things
Mind you by the time I got to town and all of eighteen I had a Bedford van that went and turned into an HR PV and history began Got the photos and all
I was also the first to own a genuine HQ Statesman deville panel van with monaro guards painted in the custom Mediterranean blue, the only one that came out of the Back door of fishermen's Bends GMH Plant and man did Ford freak when I drove that into to get a part of my Falcon Coupe when it was in for a warranty thing man that's so far back it hurts just to think.

sikwan
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
some of the guys will catch up latter on, the boys need their Sleep:smilewink:
especially our mighty leader Silkwin , He goes wondering in his Jamey's Gee it goes to show we all do strange things after dark.

:tongue: :smirk:

Welcome Ben! :clapping:

Too bad we don't get the Crafter here. It looks much better than the Mercedes (imho).

Seek

phaeton
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks for Welcome Seek & Richard :thumbup:

Richard - I've loved cars ever since I was little, CVs came later and trucks came just before VW released the Constellation Series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Constellation

nadz
03-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi , my name is Adam,Im from Australia and i hate my sprinter...well so far anyhow. Im hoping this forum can convince me to love it.

sikwan
03-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi , my name is Adam,Im from Australia and i hate my sprinter...well so far anyhow. Im hoping this forum can convince me to love it.

We all have this love - hate relationship, or is that hate - love? Welcome Adam. :thumbup:

Altered Sprinter
03-26-2007, 05:26 AM
An Aussie from down under with a problem Sprinter!,Never unless you bought an ex ambo job from the auction
Adam tell us whats wrong so we can address the problem for the long white Sprinters that roam Australasia.
Now come on aussie come on, come on.
Richard

SprntrStkd
03-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey, my name is Jans and i'm a teacher and surf coach at a high school in Huntington Beach Ca. I got lucky and found a used dealership gofer van and stole (got a good price) an SHC 10 passenger '04 brilliant met. silver gem! It holds all 'me boards, wetsuits, three kids and me better halve without moving a seat. I grew up driving an '81 Vanagon and i'm back to my childhood in this beauty! I hate going to the gas station and can no longer support our carbon ways here in the states. Being the most active i can for living in the OC.

I recently converted to the MB labels and also got the old series grill from good 'ol Rudy out in Zonie (great service) and may now have to contact Chaozz...but will keep the border chrome! Still debating the worth vs. effort since any lay person won't get past the star or even know there's a difference.

Not much of a moddie, but enjoy pride in ownership and dialing in my rides.

'07 models seem too big and reminiscent of full size American vans from the front doors back. For me the Sprinter novelty is in it's size, MPG and technology! I don't think you can beat it!

Stoked to be a part of it!

Thanks Seek, here's to the cause:cheers: !

~Jans

Altered Sprinter
03-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Jans
You don't think folk on the strip would notice your conversion! Man you'll be the star of the of the boardwalk.
I can think of a few good ol' boys that will do the Benz when you cruise into the lot with your 316 powered by Benz, the chicks will flip and the Chevy's will challenge your style,Heck your in for a mid-nite Summers Dream! it's going to be one long ride, on an endless wave.
If the Beach Boys were still in the grove there'd be a song just for the Sprinter, a new generations of surfing' safari you just need to add a little wood and find a cobra to drag, and history will repeat all over again.
Now enjoy your ride Sprinter style:cheers:
Richard

sikwan
03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
i'm a teacher and surf coach at a high school in Huntington Beach Ca.

A combination of the hardest job in the world to one that is the ultimate. Welcome Jans. :clapping:

MB Cruiser
03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
My wife and I live in Northwest Alabama. We bought a 2003 MB Cruiser to travel in. Been doing some reading on this site, have found some very useful info here.
Rick

Altered Sprinter
03-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome Rick
You'll enjoy your Sprinter in your travels
Richard:thumbup:

sikwan
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Welcome Rick!

Don't forget to share some of your travel pictures with us. I'm always looking for an excuse to get away.

Seek

DieselBob
04-02-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Im Bob and live in Litchfield Connecticut. I joined the group after ordering a new Roadtrek SS-Agile about six weeks ago. I just picked up the vehicle March 29th and as of now have just over 1K miles. Im absolutely sold on diesels. I currently have two VW TDIs, a 2001 with 140K miles and a 2003 with 68K miles and an old Kabota B20 backhoe (of course a diesel). The Roadtrek is replacing a 2000 VW Eurovan currently for sale and when gone my entire stable will be diesels. I have benefited greatly for being a member of the a forum for VW TDI (TDICLUB) www.tdiclub,com. Im looking to this forum providing the same type of insight. I do all my own maintenance so Im particularly interested in how to maintain my new investment. I have already leared much from reviewing posts from this forum and maybe I can offer somthing to others as I learn.
Bob :thumbup:

mgameros
04-02-2007, 04:15 AM
WELCOME BOB! You will find this forum very useful. Your Sprinter-Roadtrek SS-Agile looks very nice. Lets see some more pic's :drool:

Altered Sprinter
04-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Welcome Bob your in good company! Maybe you and John will meet, as your both in the same area, a few snaps of your rig would be nice and while your at it take a pic of Johns mystery mahogany ship, that has it's own internal helicopter wings, Its true he said so.
VW now that's a treat , you may even get Zack to come out of retirement he likes them and thinking of George, who fitted out his rig with VW seats too.
again welcome to the forum
Richard
Vbubs are the next best thing to a Mercedes:thumbup: cause they're crafty

SilverKnight
04-05-2007, 05:01 AM
Hello

My name is Mario, a 20yr old college student. for work im a parts associate for murray's auto parts, a moderator on TaurusClub.com, and soon a small business owner. I drive a customed taurus, and we're mainly ford people. but due to starting a new business with the family we needed to get our own vehicle.

i'm now part of this site because we are purchasing on monday a white 06 freightliner sprinter 158" 2500 cargo that will be used for expediting. it has a lil over 100 miles on the odo. we decided on the sprinter after comparing new fuel milages between the ford, chevy, and sprinter. the sprinter getting the best milage makes up for the additional monthly payment. and we figure getting a new one over a used would be good since expediting is easy on it. all highway and we're good about maintnence. my brother, who will be driving it was a ford diesel light maint tech for a bit. but this will be a lil different at first.
as for mods, we're goin to do a bed setup, fridge, computer, and maybe a microwave, and power inverter. then add some minor stuff to the exterior at the begining to keep it looking like new. ventshades, bra, add some more driving lights for night driving.

thats it for now. ill be browsing, searching, and whatnot around the site.

thats it for now really.

Altered Sprinter
04-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Welcome Mario, to the ever expanding land of long white Sprinters
Looking forward to your upgrades.
Richard.:thumbup:

sikwan
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Welcome Bob and Mario! :clapping:

Lloyd Nelson
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum. I am a retired chemical plant worker from West Virginia. Purchased a new 2004 Sprinter conversion last June. The conversion was done by Precision Quarters in Indiana. So far have done a tour of Yellowstone and the entire east coast. Heading out next month for a leasurly trip across the southern US then head up the Pacific coast before taking a northern return. I hope I have solved all my conversion problems. Adding holding tank monitors, adding ceramic heating, installing two lcd TVs, and replacing two un-sleepable inter-spring mattresses with HD foam now make life much better. I added a hitch mount utility box that converts to a bench and two tables. Surprizing how useful this accessory is. I hope to meet you all at the next campground. I really like my Sprinter. I also enjoy putting around in my duck (Citroen 2CV6 Charleston).

BaywoodBill
04-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the group. Your unit is really new? Where did it hide itself until you came along?

sikwan
04-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Welcome Lloyd! :clapping:

Lloyd Nelson
04-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Baywood Bill and all,

I acquired my new 2004 Sprinter in June of 2006. It had 840 miles on the odometer. The owner's widow placed it on eBay under the heading "The Perfect Motorhome." The LWB High Roof was purchased in Kentucky and driven to Indiana for conversion which accounted for the low mileage. Her husband who designed the conversion never got to enjoy a single trip. When I stop and enjoy a senic vista I always say a silent thank you to the previous owner. Take care and enjoy your travels.

Altered Sprinter
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum Llyod
Richard

Old Master
04-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome Bob your in good company! Maybe you and John will meet, as your both in the same area,

Richard...you know as much about geography in the USA as I know about Tasmania...(home of Tasweeguns...:tongue: ) Cincinnati, Ohio is about as far from Bob in Connecticut as you are from New Zealand. :D (I think...after all, I don't know how far Tassie is from Kiwiland...home of Kiweeguns.) :thinking:

heh-heh...:laughing:

John

Altered Sprinter
04-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Richard...you know as much about geography in the USA as I know about Tasmania...(home of Tasweeguns...:tongue: ) Cincinnati, Ohio is about as far from Bob in Connecticut as you are from New Zealand. :D (I think...after all, I don't know how far Tassie is from Kiwiland...home of Kiweeguns.) :thinking:

heh-heh...:laughing:

John
Gee John took you long enough to work out that Boo Boo!
Man I was on a mid-nite trip to wonder land not thinking quick enough to notice the difference between Connecticut and and Cincinnati I just got carried away thinking A mate! "for me Mate" Me ol' matey.:laughing:
Please forgive me , as I was having a senior moment when I was walking across L@N Pedestrian bridge In my moment of confusion I couldn't find my specs so missed the turn On Ohio river, instead of turning left on towards Hi-way 71, as I was off to the the games, thinking of the great American ball park! ended up on the Rhine somewhere near E 12th street, so ended up Giddy, Mixed up and confused, Found me a nice Lass for the night, and then discovered 7/11!"I think I was in Heaven":bounce: so what's a few states down the block of the real estate up on your end of the pond.
Now don't you go getting them good old Kiwis invoking their Gods or they'll do the "Kaka", the Maori war dance! one thump and they'll send a quake up to Indonesia every one thousand years they do the good old shake rattle and roll, and double thump the earth, and that one will send a Tsunami right up to your end, and believe me you'll know what an Island is then It's called Now is the hour a Maori farewell:tongue:
So Much for Geography lessons.
Richard
"Tamoraro Kapa Haka"
Now Behave your self or I'll send up one of the lads to give you a Big hug
He, he.
Sort of like an Eskimo Kiss
"Hongi-Hires"

Old Master
04-08-2007, 06:13 AM
Richard...speaking of the Kiwis...back in '79 or '80 I was stationed in San Fran area. My ship was assigned host ship duties for a New Zealand destroyer, which was tying up near downtown SF for a few days. I was present on the pier when they arrived, along with couple hundred other guests...city councilmen, etc. They steamed closer and closer, we could see the skipper sitting in his captain's chair on the starboard bridge wing...his feet propped up on the weather bulwarks. Closer, closer...one of our officers said, "Man, he's going kinda fast, isn't he?" Reply, "Yeah, he better reverse pretty quick..." Closer, closer...people, including meself, started backing away...and sure enough, they took out about forty feet of pier, pilings and all. :clapping: Bent the bow up a bit, etc. We were horrified, mainly for them...we thought they'd be mortified...but they all were laughing their butts off...thought it was funny as hell. That's when we got the first clue...these guys are nuts. Bet the Kiwi taxpayers paid a pretty :2cents: for that section of pier.

But they had a good visit. We threw them a big picnic-barbeque on the Navy base; a large group of their Maori sailors got into native costume and did one of their dances that you pictured above. It was really cool! It was funny, however...two or three white guys were into the dancing, and they did a pretty good job, too, except that something was lost with their pasty white skin, red hair, etc.

Ah, the good auld days!

And Richard...you ain't foolin' me, buster...you Wikipedia'd Cincinnati, didn't you? "Across the bridge, up I-71..." yeah, sure. My son, the traffic cop, wouldn't gotten you for sure...somebody as ugly as you gotta be a terrorist or something. :tongue:

John

Altered Sprinter
04-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Hi John
Ha! I said the kiwi lads land with a thump once in a blue moon! "ship to shore" is a rare opportunity to modify local land marks:smilewink:
Nar' your son wouldn't see me in my travels as I'm a shape shifter, besides I'd claim Diplomatic Immunity and flash my ticket of leave
we call it Congress in the twi-lite zone. hence my reference too "Now is the hour":thinking:
Richard:lol:

BaywoodBill
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Richard and John, as much as I appreciate and enjoy your repartee, when I visit the Introduce Yourself group I prefer to read about the newcomers. When I go to Everything Else I can enjoy your interchange.

Ogre
04-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Hello, my name is Nick, I'm Silverknight's (Mario's) older brother. I work as an expeditor for Tri-State Expediting, I too am a big Taurus SHO enthusiast and have owned many custom SHO's. That said I know I can't leave this one stock so I'll post any mod's that are done to the Sprinter. We picked up the van today and I already fell in love with it. As Mario stated we bought a sprinter for out expediting business seeing as it is the best vehicle for the job. Not only does it give me plenty of cargo space but I'll be able to build a nice sleeper in it since I'll be living out of it for 3-4 weeks at a time. I also love the high roof, being 6'2" tall it was a hassle getting dressed in a regular Chevy van. I know this vehicle will be perfect for me and last me a long while. Oh and with the 24-26 mpg this will save me a lot of money in fuel, since I average about 100K miles per year. So if you see a big white Sprinter running down the road with Tri-State markings on the side with the truck # 044, thats me.

Lastly I want to thank everyone for making such a great site and having a lot of useful info on here. :cheers:

sikwan
04-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Welcome Nick! I look forward to your modifications to your Sprinter.

Btw, your little brother's 95 Taurus is the cleanest one I've seen for the age. :thumbup:

Ogre
04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome Nick! I look forward to your modifications to your Sprinter.

Btw, your little brother's 95 Taurus is the cleanest one I've seen for the age. :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcome.

Oh yea his 95 is really clean. We'll post some pics at the end of summer when all the mods are done on his Taurus. There is alot of modding thats going to go into that plain granny Taurus :rad: .

Old Master
04-10-2007, 04:06 AM
Richard and John, as much as I appreciate and enjoy your repartee, when I visit the Introduce Yourself group I prefer to read about the newcomers. When I go to Everything Else I can enjoy your interchange.

Picky, picky...sounds like my ex-wife. :tongue:

Altered Sprinter
04-10-2007, 04:16 AM
Picky, picky...sounds like my ex-wife. :tongue:
We've been baned My old mate, back to the Chit chat Talk about about any thing corner
It's like a game of chess:smilewink: so it's your call to start another mystery thread, see you over there:clapping:
Richard

mickj44
04-11-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm Michael and I have just acquired from a friends business a 1998 308D with 52,000 klm (32,000 miles) on the clock..... it was only used as a spare van for the eight years :bow: I am building it into a motor home myself :laughing: but had to get a motor home conversion shop to cut and raise the roof 16 inches so I can stand up in it ..........have just installed two 180 amp deep cycle batteries and three solar panels with a total of 290 watts and all this just to keep the beer cold in the big fridge that will be installed......this has taken about 3 months so far so it's going to be a long project :bash:
My wife and I gave up work just before the Sydney Olympic games sold the house and traveled around Australia for 4 1/2 years living in a caravan (a big one) she than dragged me kicking & screaming into a house near Noosa on the Sunshine Coast (we are 20 miles from Steve Irwin Australia Zoo - how many people know where I live now)
Just want to get on the road again and be able to camp out with a nice fire and see more of Australia.................

Altered Sprinter
04-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello Micheal
Great to see the boxing kangaroo:thumbup: Now Bill behave yourself 'He's an Aussie' so I have to make Micheal feel at home, so I'll rattle on a little, Mate the roof mod is neat it reminds me of a Ford transit :lol: Low mileage 98 ? that's a rare one
But of course it's white as all of the Sprinters are down under.
If you make it down under to the island that supports Australia:smilewink: I'll take you down to Bruny Island and shoot you a beer or two :clapping:
While your at it, have a look in on this link and help out PGR on grounding inverters, mine are heavy duty deep cycle marine batts but not grounded
so If you can advise him go for it.just follow this link Alternate aux battery installation - Sprinter-Forum (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632)
Pleased you dropped up to the top end of the pond.
Richard

Old Master
04-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Hello Michael...welcome to the club.

'Nuff said (or else :bash: )

John :D

Altered Sprinter
04-12-2007, 03:24 AM
Hello Michael...welcome to the club.

'Nuff said (or else :bash: )
Me too
Richard:bash: Ouch that hurtshttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/F/0/189p.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_34_4.gif
John :D
He, he

sikwan
04-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Welcome Michael. :thumbup:

So is the roof metal or fiberglass and how do you like the job that they did? It looks like a seamless job.

Thanks,
Seek

mickj44
04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
yes it's a very neat job ...........just a cut about 2 inches above the gutter than add 14 inches of flat sheet metal , tack weld every 1 inch , I saw it at that stage , than full weld,grind,fill,sand and paint ...........the roof above the driver is still there as a inside shelf ,from the windscreen up to the new height is another new section ........am happy with the job....next job insulate walls and roof:thumbup:

calovernightman
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
hello everyone,

I'm Richard aka the calovernightman, you guessed it, i'm a contractor for california overnight delivery, bought my sprinter (used) abt a yr ago w/ 82k miles it's an '04 158 2500 cargo, been putting 250-300 miles a day, the MPG is great abt 21-23 mpg have 151k now but maintenance, quirks, idiosyncrasies, RSN is another story.

looking forward to commiserating w/ you folks....
:thumbup:

abittenbinder
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
hello everyone,
I'm Richard aka the calovernightman
looking forward to commiserating w/ you folks....

Hi Richard-you had the courage and insight to buy an innovative van . As a delivery expediter- to buy one with over 80K on the odometer -you obviously had faith in its durability and high expectations it would last forever. Even given your "time is money" enterprise, instead of "commiserating", why don't we co-celebrate and explore this techno-intense vehicle as a group learning experience. Doktor A

Joes05VC
04-16-2007, 04:28 AM
My name is Joe Sokalski and I and my wife Margaret own a 2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser model G-26 (a converted '04 Sprinter 2500 SHC). We live in Diamond Bar, CA, 30 miles East of Los Angeles and are now members of the leasure class (retired). I love my Sprinter RV but most of the dealers I have encountered make it difficult to even tolerate them.

I was lusting for a diesel pusher motorhome and :bow: my wife agreed on the Sprinter RV to replace my '77 Chevy G-30 van 400 CID hot rod. Our travel is mostly touring, never more than a few days in one place and the Sprinter let my wife feel that she would be able to spend half the nights in hotels or motels and visit resturants at once a day. The Sprinter has become our primary vehicle, our '91 Lexus LS400 has only been driven about 4,000 miles in the past 2.5 years that we have owned the Sprinter, the same thing has happened to the Chevy van 1,000 miles, and a Toyota FX-16 about 5,000 miles. :D The Sprinter RV is our go every where Fun Truck.

I have posted pictures of some of the modification that have been done to the Sprinter RV. If we continue to tour instead of camping for weeks in one spot the Sprinter RV will be a 2 to 3 decade vehicle for us.

gerrym51
04-16-2007, 03:18 PM
My name is Joe Sokalski and I and my wife Margaret own a 2005 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser model G-26 (a converted '04 Sprinter 2500 SHC). We live in Diamond Bar, CA, 30 miles East of Los Angeles and are now members of the leasure class (retired). I love my Sprinter RV but most of the dealers I have encountered make it difficult to even tolerate them.

I was lusting for a diesel pusher motorhome and :bow: my wife agreed on the Sprinter RV to replace my '77 Chevy G-30 van 400 CID hot rod. Our travel is mostly touring, never more than a few days in one place and the Sprinter let my wife feel that she would be able to spend half the nights in hotels or motels and visit resturants at once a day. The Sprinter has become our primary vehicle, our '91 Lexus LS400 has only been driven about 4,000 miles in the past 2.5 years that we have owned the Sprinter, the same thing has happened to the Chevy van 1,000 miles, and a Toyota FX-16 about 5,000 miles. :D The Sprinter RV is our go every where Fun Truck.

I have posted pictures of some of the modification that have been done to the Sprinter RV. If we continue to tour instead of camping for weeks in one spot the Sprinter RV will be a 2 to 3 decade vehicle for us.

welcome aboard

gerry

BaywoodBill
04-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I have posted pictures of some of the modification that have been done to the Sprinter RV.

Hi, Joe. Where did you put the pictures? Good to have you associating with us.

kendall69
04-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I just became a "Sprinter member" last week by purchasing a 2007 White passenger, high roof, Diesel.
My wife,child and I live in palm Springs California ( VERY HOT in the summer).
I got the passenger to help haul my childs classmates to field trips, and then to remove the seats and use it as a work van if needed.
I traded a GMC 3500 Dually for the Sprinter, and when I took the sprinter for a ride, we were AMAZED at the sary power this thing had.
Who desn't floor a vehicle on the test ride, well when I did it felt like the front end was going to lift off the ground.

BaywoodBill
04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. We are all looking forward to reports on fuel economy for the new diesel.

Also, I'm curious about the seats you plan to remove. Are they a simple in/out? By that I mean, can you do it without tools? Like a mini-van?

Altered Sprinter
04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
I just became a "Sprinter member" last week by purchasing a 2007 White passenger, high roof, Diesel.
My wife,child and I live in palm Springs California ( VERY HOT in the summer).
I got the passenger to help haul my childs classmates to field trips, and then to remove the seats and use it as a work van if needed.
I traded a GMC 3500 Dually for the Sprinter, and when I took the sprinter for a ride, we were AMAZED at the sary power this thing had.
Who desn't floor a vehicle on the test ride, well when I did it felt like the front end was going to lift off the ground.

Welcome to the forum
The best part of driving a new Sprinter is leaving an older model sprinter behind, in a trail of dust.
518 CDi's Rock
Richard

Wileycoyote
04-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Hello my name is Clint I live in Prince George British Columbia Canada. I own 2 sprinters i bought my 1st in August of 2005 it is a '05 140 standard roof and currently has 110,000 kms. My 2nd I bought in mid january '07 is a '06 158 wb high roof and just passed 20,000 kms. These vans are used exclusively for local courier usage and i do between 200-300 kms each day per van. Our whole fleet includes 6 more Sprinters owned by other people. We have had minimal problems but our most used sprinter only has just over 130,000 kms.

Altered Sprinter
04-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Welcome Clint
Our local carrier State-Line has over 30 of the Sprinters some clocked eight hundred thousand kilometer's, no major breakdowns. earlier ones from 98 had issues with seals but that was the old fuel that caused the problem.

BobKarr
04-29-2007, 02:24 AM
Hi from Arizona. Just joined this forum after 'Googling' MB Cruiser converted by Forest River. I'm researching as much as I can before my wife and I fall in love with one of these conversions. The problem is, we like the open floor plan - which the other converters don't have. Gulfstream comes closest.

Since they're no longer made, we're looking for current owners to relay their lessons learned and experiences with the coach.

I'm not too concerned about the chassis but would like to learn more. it's how well the fit & finish has held up. From what I've learned so far Forest River produced only 384 units. That's not many units to work out all the manufacturing bugs.

I'm about 6-months out from retiring and thought this would be a good time to begin a serious hunt so we'll be ready to hit the road early next year.

Looking forward to reading more.

kurt
04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi from Arizona. Just joined this forum after 'Googling' MB Cruiser converted by Forest River. I'm researching as much as I can before my wife and I fall in love with one of these conversions. The problem is, we like the open floor plan - which the other converters don't have. Gulfstream comes closest.

Since they're no longer made, we're looking for current owners to relay their lessons learned and experiences with the coach.

I'm not too concerned about the chassis but would like to learn more. it's how well the fit & finish has held up. From what I've learned so far Forest River produced only 384 units. That's not many units to work out all the manufacturing bugs.

I'm about 6-months out from retiring and thought this would be a good time to begin a serious hunt so we'll be ready to hit the road early next year.

I've a MB Cruiser 003,anything you like to know I can provide you with a answer.After one year reconstructing all of Forest River garbage I've a very long story to tell you and can provide many hints to save you headaches.Just one example,tray to replace any left side rear lightbulbs and many many more example.

rstms
05-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Sam here. Great to find this forum. My wife and I have a 03 passenger model. We are doing a camper conversion. Lots of good info already and looking forward to much more. Thanks for all!!

Altered Sprinter
05-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Welcome Sam and your GW, I'm sure you both will enjoy our forum .Post some pics of your van and experiences in the appropriate columns when it's convenient:thumbup:
Richard

BaywoodBill
05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Well, Sam, you met Richard. Keep coming back and help us when something comes up you have had experience (or thoughts) about.

noelpaz
05-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Hi,

I am in the market for a new diesel van. I live in New Mexico and my wife has a pony party business -- and we thought that a van will be a better alternative than an American diesel truck. Mainly we haul ponies or light horses and and a medium draft horse for vaulting/horse gymnastics (where we go long distances).

Our Vanagon is really dying and my father in law backed out of selling a diesel truck to us. I am currently using a Ford F-250. The diesel van idea came upon us after seeing a e-350 diesel. When I learned about the Sprinter it even sounded better because of it's mileage, Mercedes lineage and more civil looks plus it competes head to head in price with a Ford or Chevy. I've also thought of adding travel space on an Isuzu chassis and have contemplated on putting a Gooseneck on an Isuzu flat bed. Somehow even though I won an American truck, it seems overkill and wasteful to drive one around.

By the way what a great resource this is.

I am looking at buying a sprinter but no one here in NM has one in stock at the moment. I am travelling for work to the Boston area and found a dealer where I'll arrange a test drive.

My question to you folks is how able this van in towing a light weight horse trailer (1800 lbs) with a 2200 lbs of horses maximum (most probably I will be hauling half that). The van itself will probably carry some tack. luggage and 5 people max (and mostly women). I don't expect to go New Mexico/Colorado highway speeds (75 mph) but I'd like to go at about 65.

Around town, I'd probably haul ponies in a trailer, a pony cart/buggy that can be folded and disassembled, clown/party equipment and PA, plus horse tack.

I'd do a search but if anyone is regularly towing a trailer with the van let me know.

BTW I have put ponies (and sheep) in VW vans before -- yes inside even on a 1600 cc old bus. I have even transported a miniature horse in a Ford Festiva and a goat. So....

But this would be my most expensive purchase and I am excited. No I probably won't transport livestock inside the van.

Thanks

Noel

Altered Sprinter
05-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Welcome Noel, I know we have a member! who transports Ilamas about, he would not have it any other way , I think they are the children of that particular family,
New Mexico too far off my route to comment , but some one will pop in and help you out on your question.
Richard

BaywoodBill
05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Sprinter towing capacity (for my 2005) is 5,000 pounds; members report no sweat at that load. You could get the tall, tall Sprinter and put the animals inside, foregoing the trailer.

AVL_Sprinter
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Hello.

I have a black 2500 118 high roof, as seen in avatar. It is our family van and it lives in NC. We just bought it at the end of April and love it. :cheers:

I look forward to learning as much as possible from this forum and sharing what information that I can.

Altered Sprinter
05-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum AVL_Sprinter
Richard

BaywoodBill
05-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Hello.

I have a black 2500 118 high roof, as seen in avatar. It is our family van and it lives in NC. We just bought it at the end of April and love it. :cheers:

I look forward to learning as much as possible from this forum and sharing what information that I can.

Great family van for a lot of years, as the youngsters grow and include their musical instruments and/or sports equipment, as they continue wanting to stand up straight, for miles upon miles of bouncy :smilewink: driving.

mbcruiser
05-11-2007, 09:26 PM

[From owner of 06 MB Cruiser (05 Sprinter chassis) with 25k miles & 1.5 year of ownership - ours is 1 of the 384 - Model MB222]:

Lessons learned: Forest River fit and finish gets a D+ grade, Sprinter chassis gets B.

Of FR, no major issues, just lots and lots of lessor trim and finish issues. The laundry list is pretty long, but most priority items were initially dealt with by local FR service outlet (though it took some initial prodding as we didn't buy the unit from the them).
The rest weren't worth taking the vehicle to the service folks - I took care of them myself in less time. It pays to be a little handy.

On the plus side, FR MB Cruiser was approx. $20k less than the competition at the time (e.g. RoadTrek, Pleasure way, etc.) which all are superior & excellent fit and finish.
We decided we could manage with the lessor fit & finish for the difference in coin.

In spite of all the stuff that's passed, we are not unhappy with our decision.....
we looked at it as "...it's just a camper..." but with some good amenities (the interior floorplan was also a selling point, as the glass in the forward 3/4 of the coach provides excellent views without that claustrophobic feeling you get from the competitors' floorplans)

All on-board systems (eg. generator, frig, furnace, hot water heater, pump, etc.) have all worked flawlessly without service intervention.

For details maybe inquire via the message feature of this site, and I can list them for you.

We would do it again, even knowing what we know since buying the unit.

And about the Sprinter chassis & MB 2.7l diesel, much has already been posted elsewhere. Suffice it to say, mpg is 23 overall average, and last week I actually managed 26.2 between fillups (pretty great for a 158" hi-top loaded with 'stuff'......

BaywoodBill
05-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi BobKarr.... good luck on your inquiries.

If you're looking for a B RV, most of those of us who own RVs are Sprinter/B owners and you will find that most of us think our own choices were the best ones. Even MBCruiser, who already answered you, who rates his MBCruiser as D+ for fit and finish is happy with his choice.

Just by the fact that the RV is on a Sprinter chassis creates enough good will that fit and finish problems can be accepted graciously.

shoeinjoe
05-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Hey Y'all

I'm Joe In NC. I'm a Farrier (horseshoer not a blacksmith). My old van is a 10 YO GMC and has had 3 transmission in it. Thought I'd try something different.

Ordered a 2007 3500 170" WB the first of March. Just talked to
the dealer and he said that production of the 170's would not start until sometime around July. Bummer!! I might take delivery in October, Bigger Bummer!!!. This should be my retirement van. Can't see that I'll be doing this kind of work into my 70's.

sikwan
05-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Welcome Joe! :clapping:

I had to look up the word Farrier. It's not even in my limited vocabulary. :laughing: Learn something new everyday, even at a Sprinter Forum. :bounce:

tegimr
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey Y'all

I'm Joe In NC. I'm a Farrier (horseshoer not a blacksmith). My old van is a 10 YO GMC and has had 3 transmission in it. Thought I'd try something different.

Ordered a 2007 3500 170" WB the first of March. Just talked to
the dealer and he said that production of the 170's would not start until sometime around July. Bummer!! I might take delivery in October, Bigger Bummer!!!. This should be my retirement van. Can't see that I'll be doing this kind of work into my 70's.

Welcome, Joe. I bought my 2003 in NC! Hope that you enjoy both the Sprinter and the Sprinter-Forum as much as I do. :thumbup:

Tim

BaywoodBill
05-27-2007, 03:21 PM
A couple of months ago I saw a Sprinter that was used by a farrier. It looked like a good use for it.

If your practice was limited to ponies and you got the long/tall version, you could do everything indoors.. if you had good ventilation.

The farrier I saw was in California. Sorry I can't tell you the size of van he had or the name of the business. I just noticed it and thought it was a good set up. :thumbup:

shoeinjoe
05-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I've been shoeing for 33 yrs now and have always used vans. My first was a step van and the rest were regular sized cargo vans by GMC. I miss being able to stand up in the van. I hope the sprint will fill the bill.

I really enjoy the forum.

Altered Sprinter
05-27-2007, 11:18 PM
I've been shoeing for 33 yrs now and have always used vans. My first was a step van and the rest were regular sized cargo vans by GMC. I miss being able to stand up in the van. I hope the sprint will fill the bill.

I really enjoy the forum.
Welcome to the the forum Bill.
As you grow older in life! it will wear you down, after shoeing for 33 years , I think you may have shrunk at least two inches:smilewink:
Wait untill you get to 40, bent and grey, and an old grumble grouch like me:lol:
Richard.

huskyhauler
06-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi All

Just a quick note to introduce myself and my Sprinter.

As the name suggests, it's used to carry my sleddog team around for training and racing. I've had it a year now, it's a December 03, UK registered 313 CDi with 143 000 miles recorded.

BaywoodBill
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
:thumbup: Welcome huskyhauler. How about a picture of your dogs in the van? We have one member who hauls llamas. :rad:

sikwan
06-12-2007, 07:50 PM
As the name suggests, it's used to carry my sleddog team around for training and racing.

I thought you were hauling Huskies as in Husqvarna dirt bikes. :laughing: I have to start thinking about something else otherwise my mind will become cabbage.

Welcome!

verojohn
06-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Hi, I'm John and I own a small plumbing service company in south Florida. I've wanted a Sprinter since the day I saw an ad for one in a trade magazine. I've been procrastinated and I'm now happy I waited. I like the way the 2007 looks and the new engine is just fantastic so far.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/ghosthorsfarms/Americansprinter2500001.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d186/ghosthorsfarms/Americansprinter2500002.jpg

BaywoodBill
06-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Congratulations -- That van ought to make your working life a lot better and reduce the bumps on your head.

Most in this group have the I5 engine and we are always eager to read reports on the new V6 engine.

InnoVAN
06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
New here.

I'll be getting my 2004 140" high roof Passenger van (white) tomorrow! Ever since I saw one, I knew I wanted one. Worked out a deal with work to help finance in return for getting it wrapped with company graphics. Which is all well and good with me since I work for a cool sports company (and I play the sport professionally, so it doubles as a tour vehicle).

My wife plays a dog sport called flyball, and she needs to tote 7 dogs with her, so this is the next step forward from her minivan (hyundai entourage).

Getting excited!

BaywoodBill
06-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Win! Win! Win! :thumbup: :thumbup:

peecee
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Hi All
I'm Paul a South African living in Botswana, I am an IT Propeller Head working for a Diamond Mining Company. I have a 2002 413CDi Long and tall with manual box. My son races motocross, so the primary use of Betty Bus is transporting bikes and kit to races all over Southern Africa. It started life as a panel van. I put VW Kombi(Caravelle) seats into the back half. The other half is used for the bikes.

I have already found so much valuble info from this forum. Just a pity that the MB garage guys do not use it all over the world.
Cheers,
PeeCee2265

sikwan
06-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Welcome Paul! :clapping:

BaywoodBill
06-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Welcome Paul! :clapping:

Hi Paul... I think Seek is envious of your son.:smirk:

Ascanio
06-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi. I am Ascanio. My wife and I recently decided to buy a Sprinter based RV, and stumbled on this very informative site. I am an avid climber; my wife a city slicker with no fond memories of sleeping in the dirt. Hopefully my 1 year old daughter and her will love exploring the world with new found luxury. We currently reside in Santa Monica, CA. PM me if youa re in the area.

sikwan
06-24-2007, 10:57 PM
my wife a city slicker with no fond memories of sleeping in the dirt.

Welcome Ascanio. :clapping: Sounds like we have something in common, besides the Sprinter. :smirk:

BaywoodBill
06-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi, Ascanio. It will be interesting to learn how the experience with the Sprinter RV works itself out between the city slicker and the moutain climber. :clapping:

twist
07-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Hi, I'm new. I just bought a 2007 Sprinter (low roof, 144" wheelbase) passenger van. I'm planning to tour the country in the future, so I'll be making some modifications to the van to make it more RV-like. One reason for getting a Sprinter instead of a minivan is to be able to transport a motorcycle inside, so I can go riding in different places in the country. I've already ridden some of my motorcycles across the country several times, but I think traveling in a van I could spend a lot more time to see things, and still be able to ride when I want to.

The first mod will be to remove the 2 rear rows of seats, leaving just front 2. The next mod is probably some kind of rail for a motorcycle.

P.S. I'm glad I found this place. I looked for a while, and was about to start my own Sprinter wiki and forum, since I couldn't find an existing one. So thank you for creating one!

P.P.S. - I currently live in NorCal (Mountain View).

sikwan
07-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Welcome Gary. :clapping:

BaywoodBill
07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Hi, Gary. Or you could get the cargo version and add the seats or beds you want.

We look forward to reading about your experiences.

KL2BE
07-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Jerry (KL2BE) & Nancy (KL2BF) live in Alaska (summers) and Trinidad (winters).
We were planning on a used Class C RV in 3-5 years when we sold our boat (which we live on in the winter in the West Indies). Then 3 things happened; (1) we had several friends die this year in their late 50s, (2) we saw a factory DEMO on a Leisure Travel Van rally that came through Anchorage 2 weeks ago and (3) my internet research convinced me we wanted a 2.7 liter I-5 Sprinter not a 3 liter V-6.
We bought the DEMO over the phone (we hope we bought it; it won't be back to the facorty for several weeks and it could be wrecked in transit).
We are picking it up in Mpls. in Sept and taking a 3 month trip through the Southwest and then home to Alaska (Alaska Hyway in Dec.; may need better tires according to several threads on the forum).
The forum has been quite usefull already. I know I'll have to bring a WFCO Ultra III 3-stage charge with us. I'll have to get new Lifeline coach batteries and install a Link 10 battery monitor. (I am dissapointed that a company like LTV doesn't have a more sofisticated electrical system as a stock item!).
Does anyone know if the Sony Radio/CD/DVD unit is "satellite ready"?
A lot easier to bring what I need than to try to provision from Big-Box stores on the road.
Thanks.
Jerry

tab380
07-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Hello, My name is Thomas Bowden. I live in Umatilla Florida, a small town an hour north of Orlando. I own Drain Doctor Plumbers and its only employee.(www.DrainDoctorPlumbers.com)
I got a new 2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 long and tall when I was working for Roto-Rooter and loved it for the first 100,000 miles till it turned in to a lemon. (allways in the shop for somthing that cost $500.00 to $1000.00)
As soon as the 2007s became availible for order, I ordered an extended 2500 high roof cargo with most of the options (ParkSense, Aluminum Wheels, Light and Rain Sensor etc.) I got it for $1000.00 over invoice, a $42,625.00 for $38,900.00.
I first started to post on the SprinterAccessories.com chat room to complain about and read all the complaints about the early model U. S. A. Sprinters, then found Dodge Sprinter News chat room and then Sprinter-Forum just a few months ago. By far this is the most informitive. (I wish it had Spell Check.)
I love my 2007 an hope all the bugs have been worked out so I can keep this one past 150,000 miles, like 250,000 miles.
By the way, is Altered Sprinter the same as Altered State in the Dodge Sprinter News?
P.S. I have tried to download pics but are to large an can't find a way to reduce them, and how do you get to use those Smilies icons?

Altered Sprinter
07-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Welcome Thomas
Spell check is on IE explorer
If your on FireFox! you need to go into tools and find the option, If your primary search engine is say Google! then check for options.. download Spill chick:smilewink: and your on your way.
Right hand bottom corner of your web page, look for check next to page info and play with this until you work it out OK> check click it and the page shows errors after this it will or should underline mistakes in red
Click and drag links can only work with FireFox not IE
Power toys for resizing photos is down-loadable for both IE and any other program your on from Windows XP Pro 2000 onwards it will not work on Windows Home
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx)
For information pertaining to how to down load pictures etc
follow this link
How to Upload Pictures (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467)
Then you can post a genuine Floridian alligator:laughing: Aussie rules they have to exceed 6 meters! other wise they are just pets.
Richard

BaywoodBill
07-14-2007, 04:37 PM
The forum has been quite usefull already. I know I'll have to bring a WFCO Ultra III 3-stage charge with us. I'll have to get new Lifeline coach batteries and install a Link 10 battery monitor. (I am dissapointed that a company like LTV doesn't have a more sofisticated electrical system as a stock item!).

Welcome to the forum Jerry. We has a 2005 Free Spirit and have found the stock electrical system to be satisfactory as long as we manage it effectively. If the WFCO thingy is a replacement for the inverter/charger thingy then I don't think you need it unless you expect to leave your RV plugged into shore power for extended periods. And the battery gauge on the switch/monitor panel does a fine job. We're still on our original batteries (one under the passenger seat and one in the rear) and they haven't needed any water.

We use ours for trips, shopping, hauling stuff inside, and, oh yes!, camping.

Does anyone know if the Sony Radio/CD/DVD unit is "satellite ready"?
Thanks.
Jerry

Ours isn't but yours is newer.

BaywoodBill
07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi Thomas,

We hope you have better luck with the 2007. I hope we get more like 300,000 or more on our 2005.

AzteK
07-22-2007, 07:00 AM
A little late, but Hi, the names Mike, and its nice to find some solid source for Sprinters, as its rather difficult without help!

I got myself 2006 T1N 2006 2500 158" high roof, named either "The Handy Bus (not sure why, guess cause of the size?) or the Silver Bullet. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and I use the van for courier work. Awesome van for the job.

SprinterUSA1
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=
P.S. I have tried to download pics but are to large an can't find a way to reduce them, and how do you get to use those Smilies icons?[/QUOTE]

@ Thomas,

altered Sprinter took care of the picture download. The smilies only show up if you use the post reply option. If do a quick reply there are no smillies!!

Hello all,

I am new on board here but have been member of a German Sprinter discussion board for some time. Some of there users are members here also.
My 316CDI Sprinter, an '03 158" wheelbase with high roof, can be seen in the avatar. It is not an up to date pic but I am getting a NCV3 soon anyway.
Hope to get some info here as well as I did on the other board and maybe I have some advice or hints as well.
It seems Sprinter owner and driver are a community by itself. Different mindset, more open to new things.........And as far as I can tell som far, they can argue about stuff without calling each other names if they do not agree as it seems to be common on some other boards. Thanks for having me.

SprinterUSA1

SprinterUSA1
07-22-2007, 12:28 PM
By the way, is there a gallery here where every member can show there vehicle and other stuff? I could not find it yet if there is.

Altered Sprinter
07-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Welcome to gang lads sorry for being a little slack in saying hello just been a little too busy of late: Richard
PS we have agallery of sorts with local members vehicles but keep looking and you'll find them in differnt threads.
PSS look at the above links and in the forum index , you need Windows pro for this not home if your on Mac I have not a clue how its done, But I think Seek would or some other member can also hrlp if you have the odd PC
Dont worry it took me two days to work it out as well, Solution I swore at it :lol:

SprinterUSA1
07-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Welcome to gang lads sorry for being a little slack in saying hello just been a little too busy of late: Richard
PS we have agallery of sorts with local members vehicles but keep looking and you'll find them in differnt threads.
PSS look at the above links and in the forum index , you need Windows pro for this not home if your on Mac I have not a clue how its done, But I think Seek would or some other member can also hrlp if you have the odd PC
Dont worry it took me two days to work it out as well, Solution I swore at it :lol:

Richard,

I saw the members list with some vehicles in there. Thanks.

ANd no I do not have a MAC. Would not know what to do with it anyway.

CHeers

BaywoodBill
07-22-2007, 03:29 PM
The "Pictures" caption under "Sprinter Talk" is loaded with photos, some of members' Sprinters (and other odd vehicles) and some of Sprinters spied.

SprinterUSA1
07-22-2007, 05:08 PM
The "Pictures" caption under "Sprinter Talk" is loaded with photos, some of members' Sprinters (and other odd vehicles) and some of Sprinters spied.

Yes, found it. Thanks.

sikwan
07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Welcome AzteK and SprinterUSA1. :clapping:

georgetg
07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Enrico,

Na endlich schaust du mal hier vorbei!

Ciao
George

SprinterUSA1
07-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Enrico,

Na endlich schaust du mal hier vorbei!

Ciao
George

George,

alles zu seiner Zeit.:cheers:

unik
07-23-2007, 01:44 AM
2500 158"SHC 2006y 6000miles
my name Nik, do Free-Diving around Panama City FL 32401.
My BIGEST and cheapest inovation Windows A/C what I use if dizel not runing.

BaywoodBill
07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Welcome and thanks for sharing your unusual A/C installation...

KiloWhskey
07-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Cathy and I are taking delivery of an '08 Winnebago View 24-H on Friday. We sold our 56-foot "boatabago" after five years of cruising the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. We make our home in Reno, NV. We look forward to the freedom that comes with not being constrained by only 1,000 miles of navigable waterway.

sikwan
07-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Welcome Nik! That water looks really nice. :drool:

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2597&stc=1&d=1185154946

Cathy and I are taking delivery of an '08 Winnebago View 24-H on Friday. We sold our 56-foot "boatabago" after five years of cruising the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. We make our home in Reno, NV. We look forward to the freedom that comes with not being constrained by only 1,000 miles of navigable waterway.

Welcome KW, and I look forward to seeing your adventures with your new Sprinter! :thumbup:

SprinterUSA1
07-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Welcome Nik! That water looks really nice. :drool:

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2597&stc=1&d=1185154946

Welcome KW, and I look forward to seeing your adventures with your new Sprinter! :thumbup:

Welcome on board. :thumbup:

SprinterUSA1

Boz
07-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Hi folks, I'm from Anacortes, WA and have been looking at Sprinters for a while now. At this point I intend to buy an 08 2500 mega roof cargo van and convert it into a camper.

I've spent the past couple of hours reading posts here and I'm very excited to have found this great resouce. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the level of dialog and the great co-operation I see going on here.

I plan to haunt this site and pick your brains about the ins and outs of Sprinters and Sprinter owner/conversions and look forward to spending many educational hours here.

sikwan
07-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Welcome Boz! :clapping:

I look forward to see/hear more about your future MEGA roof. :thumbup:

unik
07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
[QUOTE=sikwan;9323]Welcome Nik! That water looks really nice. :drool:

Water is hear:
http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/morrison.html
more Water:
http://www.divelockerpcb.com/index.htm
Wellcome to FL
Nik:cheers:

unik
07-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Welcome on board. :thumbup:

SprinterUSA1

Water is hear:
http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/morrison.html
more Water:
http://www.divelockerpcb.com/index.htm
Wellcome to FL
Nik

BaywoodBill
08-01-2007, 02:44 AM
I can't tell you how impressed I am with the level of dialog and the great co-operation I see going on here.

:thumbup::thumbup: That starts you out on the right foot... keep it up.,

We all are curious to learn about your experiences with the mega roof. You must be tall.

unimog
08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I am new to this forum but familiar with mercedes Unimogs and have joined that forum for some time. I work as a project manager managing a major retrofit of pollution controls of NOX and SO2 for a large coal fired power plant. We have 9 adopted children now grown and we have camped with them extensively in class C motorhome. Now we are eyeing a sprinter as a touring van to take small trips and staying overnight a few times as well. I just ordered a 08 passenger 170 van with almost all available options for delivery early January 2008. Plan to modify it some for camping with refrigerator, microwave, inverter, a few cabinets, bed etc. Will likely sell the seats or maybe keep one row. We will see. Like the forum and looking for lots of advice on this project. Fred Maryland

Altered Sprinter
08-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Welcome Fred,!My thats a big family hope you ordered H?D suspension:smilewink:
Richard

SprinterUSA1
08-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Fred,

welcome. See you already have a lot of questions. This is the right place to ask them.

Richard,

H?D-----Air Ride might be the way to go

Altered Sprinter
08-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Fred,

welcome. See you already have a lot of questions. This is the right place to ask them.

Richard,

H?D-----Air Ride might be the way to go
Fred did not say 2500 or 3500 series? because he did say modification with camper add ons , I meant as a suggestion to upgrade rear springs two instead of one ,and if it's even possible to order a heavier front axle as the 3500 series
It would help to prevent future possible problems. Air ride! The official ones ! well who can afford those:thinking: unless your running a Winnie.
Richard

unimog
08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
The sprinter is a 2500 passenger van. I am only modifying moderately to make it comfortable as a travel van so not sure I will need the heavier suspension. I am trying to get the heavy shocks and sway bar in rear but it only comes with 7 passenger version and dealer is not sure we can order that. So we now have that as a note on the order to the factory. So we will see what I get. Dealers are just not very familiar with custom ordering the Sprinters. Seems like I know more about this than most dealers and I have only followed forums on the net for a few months. Fred

SprinterUSA1
08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Dealers are just not very familiar with custom ordering the Sprinters. Seems like I know more about this than most dealers and I have only followed forums on the net for a few months. Fred

Fred,

better get used to that. I have left a not so pleasant feedback with my dealership after my last purchase. Doubt it will help anything but the hope dies last, or something like that.

SprinterUSA1

unimog
08-12-2007, 12:01 PM
air suspension was not an option available from the dealer so I guess if you want that it will have to be aftermarket. Also found out that I could not order the sun roof since the roof AC blocked that out on the order form. But ordered every other available option except the aluminum wheels. Plan to swap them out later with 18 inch Gwagon wheels. Compared to euro we have very few options available in the US. Seems strange that we can not get the electric door for instance or the 4 wheel drive option etc. Did however get the suspension seats although no one had ever seen them. Backup camera is no longer an option but did get a camara prep kit whatever that is.
Going to Euro next week and plan to go visit a Sprinter Dealer over there to learn more about the Euro versions.

SprinterUSA1
08-12-2007, 12:28 PM
air suspension was not an option available from the dealer so I guess if you want that it will have to be aftermarket. Also found out that I could not order the sun roof since the roof AC blocked that out on the order form. But ordered every other available option except the aluminum wheels. Plan to swap them out later with 18 inch Gwagon wheels. Compared to euro we have very few options available in the US. Seems strange that we can not get the electric door for instance or the 4 wheel drive option etc. Did however get the suspension seats although no one had ever seen them. Backup camera is no longer an option but did get a camara prep kit whatever that is.
Going to Euro next week and plan to go visit a Sprinter Dealer over there to learn more about the Euro versions.

Air Ride would be aftermarket, yes. Power sliding door is only being installed on I believe 20 Sprinter every month. Thought I read that on the German Forum. That would explain the unavailability. There are no known 4x4 Sprinter yet. Only aftermarket.

18" G-wheels only fit on the T1N. The NCV3 has a 6x130mm boltpattern. So they will not fit, unless you can find somebody to make you a wheel that looks like the G's but has the 6 hole pattern. Sorry.

Camera prep includes only the wiring. This way you do not have to run those yourself.

Suspension seats would nice I guess. But have not seen them yet or was able to try. Will be in Germany in September. Will stop by a dealer as well. See what kind of goodies they offer the Germans but not us.

SprinterUSA1

unimog
08-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Sprinter, thanks lets compare notes after our trips. I am going to Ireland and Denmark but should be like Germany in what is offered

unimog
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Assume T1N is the 06 model. Did not realize that 07 Models have changed bolt pattern

SprinterUSA1
08-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Assume T1N is the 06 model. Did not realize that 07 Models have changed bolt pattern

Yes they did. from 5 to 6 hole. So there are not that many wheels out there to fit this pattern. Custom made seems the way to go. But$$$$$$$$$$$$

SprinterUSA1

unimog
08-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Thanks I will change my order to include aluminum stock wheels then. They are 6.5 inches wide I think and only come in 16 inches with 245 tires

SprinterUSA1
08-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks I will change my order to include aluminum stock wheels then. They are 6.5 inches wide I think and only come in 16 inches with 245 tires

Correct. 245/75 R16 6.5 wide

They look okay, too.

unimog
08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Changing bolt pattern and offset must be a Mecedes trick to buy OEM only. That sucks

Altered Sprinter
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
There are 17" options for the 06 onward six bolt pattern real nice too.and legal
Richard

unimog
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I did not see any 17 iinch option wheels on the dealer ordering sheets. I will ask them about that but maybe that is one for only the euro market. Fred

sikwan
08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome Fred!

We have 9 adopted children now grown and we have camped with them extensively in class C motorhome.

Wow, 9 kids and all of them grown! :bow::bow::bow:

gerrym51
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome Fred!

Wow, 9 kids and all of them grown! :bow::bow::bow:

most of us on this board(including me) act like kids, none of
them grown.

gerry:rad:

unimog
08-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Yes the grocery bills are much reduced these days

sikwan
08-14-2007, 05:24 AM
I did not see any 17 iinch option wheels on the dealer ordering sheets. I will ask them about that but maybe that is one for only the euro market. Fred

Wheel posts continued here...

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10386

alann
08-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Brand new here. Should be picking up our new 2007 Interstate on Monday. This unit really fits our needs! We are 55(me) and 66(boss) and plan to travel quite a bit with our toy poodle. Can't wait to pick it up!:cheers:

sikwan
08-17-2007, 03:46 AM
Welcome Alann! :clapping:

Share pictures of your Adventures (http://www.sprinter-source.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84) with your new Sprinter when you have the time. :thumbup:

KenB
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow Alann (Alan w/2 N's?) married to an older woman... could tell because of (me) and (boss) part... and I am pretty sure that poodles don't get to 66 y.o., but they can be the boss. :bounce:

Enjoy your Sprinter chassis and that RV that is along for the ride!:cheers:

KenB

BaywoodBill
08-19-2007, 01:00 AM
Hey, aren't you asuming too much? Maybe it wasn't the husband who wrote. :idunno:

FredSheldon
08-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Howdy from Texas. I'm Fred and my wife is Judy. I've been in the computer consulting/programming business for 35 years and am looking forward to retiring in 4 years. I got out of the flying business when my Cessna 182 tossed a rod and crash landed in a swamp. Just sold my Harley Davidson Road King Classic when I was run off the road for the 3rd time in 5 years. Decided to fly low for the rest of my life and purchased a 1 year old 2004 Airstream Interstate Sprinter off E-bay. I was the only bidder and won the beast for only $47,500. It had 9,700 miles on it at the time. I use it to drive to New Orleans from Houston 4 times a year to visit the wife's family. It's great for traveling with the dog. Just got back from a visit to daughter # 2, who owns a dental practice in Boulder CO. We slept over 1 night each way and I think we have it all figured out now :) Averaged 21 mpg going and 23 mpg coming back. This is not the type of RV that I would want to live out of, but for getting from point A to point B, it's great. We don't have to search out clean restrooms anymore and my wife can VPN into her work computer using the laptop with a Verizon Air card to connect to the internet while moving down the road. Happy Trails to You.

Jake Willson
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone -

I'm Jake. My wife and I live in north central New Mexico - We are potters by trade (www.ojosarco.com) and love traveling and cycling in our spare time. We are seriously considering a sprinter van - seems ideal for hauling clay, pots, bicycles, dogs etc. and also for towing a small light travel trailer (which we also don't own yet). Glad to have found this forum - I have already found a wealth of answers and information, and will soon be posting other specific questions. Meanwhile shopping for a good used van - any leads?

Altered Sprinter
08-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome Jake
Wife , Dog, pottery! and a bicycle for two:smilewink: Sounds like you need a tractor trailer train:bounce:
Sprinters used on ebayand dealers , but look for a high top low mileage in the 3500 series LWB unit it has a heavier front end and higher weight carrying capacity.
Richard

sikwan
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Welcome Jake! :clapping:

Ebay is probably your best bet for used. There's very few on Craigslist and here.

BaywoodBill
08-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Hi, Jake. Your new Sprinter (or used) when you get it, will take care of all those requirements. You don't need a tractor, Richard is just pulling your leg. :rolleyes:

Jake Willson
08-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I meant to say this to Richard - the wife doesn't weigh that much and all the two-wheeled rolling stock including the tandem wouldn't top 150 lb. I plan to occasionally pick up a ton of clay and occasionally (not simultaneously) tow a light trailer, which I gather from the forum the Sprinter will do just fine up to its rated limit. I think a 2500 will do the job for us.

Jake

Altered Sprinter
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi Jake
At least you did a little research :thumbup: But watch out for 150 pounders:smilewink: that turn into 500 Lbs of cuddly clay:cheers:
Richard

unimog
08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
altered sprinter I lost your post about the 17 inch wheels for 2007 and on sprinter wheels > Can you send again please?

Altered Sprinter
08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
altered sprinter I lost your post about the 17 inch wheels for 2007 and on sprinter wheels > Can you send again please?

Two types that are 100% compliant
the 17' have to be bought in from Europe along with tyres.[tires]:smilewink: possibly, maybe! locally available?
a Mercedes dealer could obtain them forget the Dodge folk
Richard
NCV3 Wheels and Tires - Sprinter-Forum (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579&highlight=alloy+wheels)

unimog
08-26-2007, 12:16 AM
thanks will look into this> was just in Europe for two weeks. visited with dealers and they have several more options available to them than we do

Altered Sprinter
08-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Post them in the appropriate section if they are legal please.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_12_31.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)
Richard

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNfox000 (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNfox000&utm_id=7920)

BaywoodBill
08-26-2007, 04:20 AM
I think a 2500 will do the job for us.

Jake

It sounds as if you have a grasp of the situation. Your work is lovely.

unik
08-27-2007, 11:01 PM
My name Nik, people know me as Uncle Nik.
I am a widower,do not have pets.
I do STAfffff
http://community.webshots.com/album/13884500liuHSApBuS

http://community.webshots.com/album/76899614qCIGLI

Hope you like it:lol::popcorn:

BaywoodBill
08-29-2007, 03:35 AM
Hi, Uncle Nik::: what do you have in the way of a Sprinter? :idunno:

orbaddict
08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, just signed up last week. I've owned my van for about a month now and am in the process of tweaking it for maximum efficiency, profitability, and comfort. I'm a business owner; I buy, sell and repair Pinball Machines and Arcade Video Games. I purchased my Sprinter used from an individual who added a sliding partition with a fold down bed & never wore shoes in it while he owned it. Since I've had my van, I have insulated all the walls in the cargo area, added e-track, and (with exception to headlamps) am working on fabricating LED assemblies to replace all incandessant lamps. So far I have changed the license plate markers, high mounted stop lamp, and added cupholder lighting for night driving and footwell lighting that illuminates when the corresponding door is open. I have many other plans for the Sprinter such as adding a window to my sliding door, adding a stereo with lcd display for a backup camera & gps navigation, power inverter, etc... Anyways I'm glad to have found this forum, the wealth of knowledge has been great so far.
Gavin

unik
08-29-2007, 11:33 PM

SPRINTER-2500 158" ExtRoof cargo, mod into Sleap/work VAN.:bash: Walls roof insulation, new independent CD radio. Botom air vent, window AC. Look at my old postings

sikwan
08-29-2007, 11:38 PM

He introduced himself twice...

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9142&postcount=164

...you must be traveling too much. I wish I had your problem. :smilewink:

unik
08-30-2007, 12:42 AM
:bow: Brother SIKWAN thnx:lol:
I said Brthr, I am sik by Dodge too:rolleyes:
My pre-History; Moved from TX to Florida 2002 with Dodge-Caravan2001. Got Dodge-Caravan2003 made roof extention:bash: got inside of minivan 60 imperial Intches from floor to ceiling:lol::crazy::smirk:
year2004 somewhere in florida park meet a Big-BOX with Dodge emblem it was a SPRINTER:bow::rad::bow::drool: I Wnat it.

Tade Dodgecaravan2003 into ChryslerT&C2005, Then after a year into 2500Sprinter-2006y
Personal expirience: :professor:sleep around inside minivans in Florida from2002.
A n d NOW I have :lol::smirk::bow: My SPRINTER:shhh:
Thnx L..., now I'm literaly sleep around inside Sprinter:bounce:
Nik (unclenik)

Tuono
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Sprinter folks!

I just purchased a new Dodge 170" wb Sprinter Cargo to serve duty as weekend camper and toy-hauler for motorcycles, surfboards, and RC airplanes :laughing:

This forum has already been a good resource leading up to the purchase and I expect I'll be posting questions and/or reports here in the future as things develop. Thanks!

The camper part will be upfitted slowly over time. The toy-hauling provisions are my first priority after a few basic upgrades.

The van as delivered has the Cargo Group I with paneling, lashing rails, and lashing eyes. :thumbup: Perfect for the toy-hauling half. I've ordered a bunch of aluminum rail lashing eyes (Ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Load-Track-Fitting-double-stud-7-500-lb_W0QQitemZ290066150591QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50073QQ cmdZViewItem)) to utilize with the rails for securing stuff. It also has the 22B package and aux battery, high-amp alternator, and a few other niceties like fixed roof windows.

Immediate plans:

VR3 backup camera (link (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744711)) - gets mixed reviews but for my needs simple backup safety needs it may be plenty adequate. Comments?
Two motorcycle wheel chocks - I'm thinking about these Condor trailer chocks (http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1011)
Front seat swivel adapters - I've seen links for these here and via the wiki I think.
Some sort of electric roof fan/vent

I figure these are the basic necessities for what I want to do. From there, I can slowly and deliberately begin upfitting the forward 'living' space. A friend has a fold-down bunk from a toy-hauler trailer that he isn't using. This may be a nice option.

Thanks again!

unik
09-07-2007, 01:19 AM
***Some sort of electric roof fan/vent
personal exp: water runs down :thumbdown: :cry:
Check my floor Air-Vent :cheers:
Nik

sikwan
09-07-2007, 02:10 AM
Welcome Tuono! :clapping:

Aprilia Tuono? :D

VR3 backup camera (link (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4744711)) - gets mixed reviews but for my needs simple backup safety needs it may be plenty adequate. Comments?
Two motorcycle wheel chocks - I'm thinking about these Condor trailer chocks (http://www.condor-lift.com/product.asp?ItemID=1011)
Front seat swivel adapters - I've seen links for these here and via the wiki I think.
Some sort of electric roof fan/vent

Do a search. I'm sure you can find what you're asking for. :thumbup:

Tuono
09-07-2007, 04:27 AM
***Some sort of electric roof fan/vent
personal exp: water runs down :thumbdown: :cry:
Check my floor Air-Vent :cheers:

Found it (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625). Thanks I like the idea. Is yours functioning as an exhaust or intake fan?

Re: Introduce yourself
Welcome Tuono!

Aprilia Tuono?

Thanks and Yup :smilewink:

Tuono
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
The van has officially made it's first progress towards fulfilling its mission in life. Some wheel chocks are temporarily installed on plywood for bike transport. :rad:

http://www.kurtwindisch.com/albums/webposts/IMG_7720.jpg

ctmcdaniel
09-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Tuono-

Can you provide some more pics of the sky-lites?

Inside and out?

Are the MB parts or aftermarket?

Do they open?

They look rather nice.

Tom McD

Tuono
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Can you provide some more pics of the sky-lites?
Inside and out?
Are the MB parts or aftermarket?
Do they open?
They look rather nice.

Tom, They are factory installed options, listed on the sticker as "Fixed Rear Sunroof". They do not open. This pic, taken from the rear looking forward shows them all. I'll have to set up a ladder if you want a picture from outside :smilewink:

I like them too. It allows a lot of light in where it would otherwise be very dark with all the doors closed.

unik
09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
[QUOTE=Tuono;11822]Found it (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625). Thanks I like the idea. Is yours functioning as an exhaust or intake fan?

I am using Floor air-vent while parking and sleep inside dizel is not running. If dizel is running high presure from standart front vent pools air though floor-vent out of the cab.
uNik.
p.s. remodeling project:
:rolleyes:need to move circulation fan from door step under floor

SprintED
09-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Been on the forum for a while but never got around to an intro...

Own my own consulting firm specializing in agricultural food safety and reside in southern Alberta, Canada. We have a 05 158 passenger as main family transport for our somewhat oversized family...8 kids plus me and the wife. We have a Braun wheelchair lift in the rear for our 6yr old boys that are in wheelchairs... not twins ...triplets...their 6yr old sister decided she was to much of a wimp to have a disability, so she just gets regular seat up front with the rest of the kids!

So if not for the Sprinter we would be driving a converted "handibus"...or two minivans...my wife is hugely relieved!

When she was in high school in California her dad made her drive a 1976 Dodge van complete with living room love seat bolted to floor, teardrop windows in rear, and "turbine" rims with big wide BFG T/As ...kind of a white in color version of the A Team van. She swore then that she would never own/drive a van again.....never say never and boy does God have a sense of humor: to date she has had to endure 1 minivan, 3 full size chev vans and now the sprinter...the sprinter is the only one she admires and enjoys!

Ed

sikwan
09-12-2007, 04:42 AM
to date she has had to endure 1 minivan, 3 full size chev vans and now the sprinter...

:laughing:

the sprinter is the only one she admires and enjoys!

She has good tastes! :thumbup:

BaywoodBill
09-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Look at my old postings

OH! :bounce: The window a/c guy. Nice to meet you again.:cheers:

Tuono
09-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Found it (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1625). Thanks I like the idea. Is yours functioning as an exhaust or intake fan?

I am using Floor air-vent while parking and sleep inside dizel is not running. If dizel is running high presure from standart front vent pools air though floor-vent out of the cab.
uNik.
p.s. remodeling project:
:rolleyes:need to move circulation fan from door step under floor

Are you saying that your fan is moving air from the outside to the inside?

Looking around, I see that my 2007 has a big fan-sized hole under the drivers seat to run a large electrical cable bundle through. It's got a big rubber boot to seal it but it looks like an easy place to install a fan with minimal modifications. If I do this, I'll have it pulling air OUT of the cab, with fresh air coming from elsewhere.

I'm almost done installing a cheapo VR3 backup camera where the rearview mirror would have been. I modified the monitor to mount to a rearview adjustable stalk and changed the power lead to come in from the back of the unit out of sight. I think this will be pretty elegant. Might do a writeup if anyone is interested.

Homemade Bob
09-13-2007, 04:04 AM
Definitely!! :clapping::clapping:

Tuono
09-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Definitely!! :clapping::clapping:

Ok, here is a teaser. I just finished rescuing many of the install photos off a corrupted flash card :yell:

Tuono
09-14-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm almost done installing a cheapo VR3 backup camera where the rearview mirror would have been. I modified the monitor to mount to a rearview adjustable stalk and changed the power lead to come in from the back of the unit out of sight. I think this will be pretty elegant. Might do a writeup if anyone is interested.

http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1808 (http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1808)

Black Sheep
10-06-2007, 04:21 AM
Just found you guys... I just purchased an 07 170WB High Roof CRD for my carpet cleaning business.. It is getting over twice the MPG's than the van it replaced. I am so very pleased with the van. Performance, functionality, economy and convenience. Now If I can just get my wife to go for the idea of having a custom "limo style" one as a daily driver.. If I order the sunroof options maybe she wouldn't even notice I traded her SLK in!:smirk:

sikwan
10-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Welcome Black Sheep! :clapping:

Altered Sprinter
10-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Welcome Black Sheep:thumbup: I hope you enjoy your stay with the forum. Is your van using dry cleaning wet or dry portable machines !or does the unit! have a fixed truck mounted cleaning sytem.
Richard

Black Sheep
10-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm using steam units that are gas powered. 30hp, v-twin Kohler EFI motors.. The Big Daddy stuff! The Sprinter will be getting wrapped on Tuesday and I will post some pics.. I love the fact that it's cheaper to own than to rent a billboard and it's about the same size!

unik
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
:cheers: Wellcome
<<Now If I can just get my wife to go for the idea of having a custom "limo style" one as a daily driver.. >>
Yesss keep i mide idea to empty out of you buisness tools :bash:
And:professor: You will have CooL Limo for a weekends:rad::popcorn:
uNik

BaywoodBill
10-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I love the fact that it's cheaper to own than to rent a billboard and it's about the same size!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

HMR TYM
10-24-2007, 07:28 AM
Hello All,

New to the forum, taking possesion of my new to me 2004 sprinter, 3500 with 30k miles.

Looking forward to reading many interesting posts here and getting familar with you all as well as my new van.

I dont see many 3500 here, i bought one because i really like the stance of the 3500 and was hoping to see others. I'll be using it primarily for hauling product to and fro but turning the passenger area into an area of comfort with captain chairs and flat screen with fridge while keeping the cargo area empty.

so i'll be looking for ideas from other 3500 owners. it only has 30k miles is there anything i should be aware of right away maint wise?

talk soon

Altered Sprinter
10-24-2007, 11:20 AM
HMR TYM Welcome to the forum
Post some pics of your new ride soon.

lildevildee
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm Dee. I have an '07 144" WB high roof passenger van. CRD, of course. I'm new to Sprinters but have been a TDIer for a few years now. We're currently out on TDIs because we can't fit the 3 car seats into a TDI.

I currently live in Puget Sound and will be moving back to VA in a few months. James (hubby) is military.

We average about 20k a year on our primary vehicle even though I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I just did the 10k maintenance on my van 6 months to the day of owning it. Nice and easy to work on :)

BaywoodBill
10-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I just did the 10k maintenance on my van 6 months to the day of owning it. Nice and easy to work on :)

Hi Dee,

You're right about how easy it is to change the oil and filter. Yesterday I did oil and also the fuel filter. I still think the fuel filter is something of a challenge.

This time when I bought my fuel filter from the Dodge dealer they suggested I use a different type of hose clamp that I used before. This one doesn't have the worm gear/slotted band. Instead it's a solid band that tightens with a nut/screw on the side. It's better.

Welcome to the forum. It works in VA also. :cheers:

BaywoodBill
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi HMR TYM,

Welcome. Yes, we'd like to see the configuration of your 3500. Quite a few folks on here have the 3500. Biker Joe has been one of the most interesting of the 3500 posters, what with his mods.

You can search his posts and see his photos.

HMR TYM
10-24-2007, 11:14 PM
thank you Baywood. i'll be looking for him and maybe he can get me a line on the front bumber valance.

i will be picking mine up on friday and i'll post some pictures then. its only white with some ugly motorhome graphics on the side all of which will be removed and then later professionally painted to a midnight blue with a few touches of chome, re-badged, the rest of the windows installed, blacked out, and then on to the interior...

HMR TYM
10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
i did some searching on biker joe but it seems he has a 2500. any others here with a 3500?

where is a good site showing custom paint jobs on sprinters?

sikwan
10-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Welcome Dee and HMR TYM! :clapping:

where is a good site showing custom paint jobs on sprinters?

Go look in the picture section. There are a couple Sprinters in there with custom paint jobs. Look for users Johnny and Rennsprinter.

Or you can go here (http://sprinter-source.com/) and watch the pictures of Sprinters.

jcell
10-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Greetings,
My name is Jesse and I own an 07 2500 170 cargo. I purchased it for use as an expedited freight vehicle in Sep. so I'll be racking up the miles, 15,000 already. I've already gained much valuable insight on this forum which I used while searching for this van with the elusive 3.92 rear diff. Thanks for all the enthusiastic info, keep it coming.

sikwan
10-30-2007, 02:48 AM
Welcome Jesse! :clapping:

Xperia
11-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Hello my name is Fred. born , raised and forever based in the Jet City, Seattle Washington. 47 yo. I started selling hard candy at school in the 4th grade and I never got a job :-)~ SINCE 1997 I've been a full time ebay seller. I deal in surplus ranging from laptops to bulldozers and anything in between. my motto is "if it fits in a picture I'll sell it!". on december 8th 2006 an old friend gave me a gift of ageless xtra a new product from a washington based biotech company that uses pharma grade research (genomics and proteomics) on natural plant molecules and compounds . my physical, emotional and financial health was changed so dramatically by this companies products i decided to make it my lifes work to expose these products to as many people as possible in the hope I can change their lives and together we can team up and change the lives of countless others. this is where the sprinter comes in. In the coming months I plan to travel the USA in my 2500 170 extended bringing "the best of nature to humankind". you can look, feel and perform better at every age.

sikwan
11-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Welcome Fred! :clapping:

Opa_R
11-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Hy Boys :smilewink:
I am from germany. my Name is Hans-Georg and i Work at Mechanicel ? in a DC Garage.Im 42 Years old.
My Wife renate and I are Camper and we have the second Sprinter.Nr 1 was en 312D , but now i Buy an 316 CDI in jan 06.You see this in the Pictures :smilewink:
I a Mod. in Sprinter-Forum.de and Arne are a good Friend from me.I see him and Sprinter USA ( Enrico ) bye 2 Months ago.
Hope you understand what i say.:rolleyes:
Have a nice Day in US :thumbup:Bye Opa_R

Xperia
11-26-2007, 03:12 AM
hello Hans! nice camper. I'm beginning to like the idea of a sprinter camper I might just have to get me one of those soon! Fred :thumbup: