Truck Fridge /Power Issue

I bought a Truck Fridge, model TF-045 ? about a month ago. It's been running for 3 weeks. I temporary ran some #10 THHN (building wire) & a cheapo cigarette lighter plug. I plugged it into the seat base outlet on the aux battery.

I have been meaning to "hardwire" it. Proper fuses & wire and all.

I have the left over parts from the trailer hitch install kit. I have bought some crimp ends for this factory fuse block, (for shelve lights).

Now, today, the compressor runs a bit, then shuts down. A trip to the auto store & their tester says to "charge & retest".

Sigh,,,,,,

My daily driver, work truck doesn't have the power to charge up the aux battery.

I drove it 1,400 miles for the Great American Eclipse (& the GREAT AMERICAN TRAFFIC JAM!) AND I have a dead battery!

Now, my question:

What is the best way, to keep the battery (& fridge) up to snuff?

Solar panels? (It's a work truck, I have to back up into driveways with low hanging trees, wires. I do not have a ladder rack, to protect the solar panels. I think that solar panels are an EXPENSIVE way to fix this!)

Plug into "shore power", daily? (Not my preferred fix. I would like the truck to be auto-mum-ous (stupid spell check).)

Add on the aux alternator? (Truck ain't new enough(??), for this!)

Also, I have thought about stuffing 2 batteries under the passenger seat, so that I can run a 2,400 watt inverter, for occasional skill-saw, hammer drill use.

I have been putting in some shelves. A little too dark, so I have been working on putting in some LED strip light. About 100 to 150 feet worth!.

Food is in the house fridge. Truck Fridge unplugged. Truck has a 750 mA Battery Tender charging Aux Battery, for the night, maybe longer.

Last edited:

Top Bottom