Driver's door window control module part number?

Froggy

2007 Dodge Sprinter, 2500

Where can I find the current part number for the driver's door window control module? (Not the switch, the control module.)

In a previous thread I mentioned my SRS light came on and my driver's door window was no longer functioning (window is down, will not come up).

After thinking more about it, while driving I lowered the window and shortly thereafter noticed the SRS and seatbelt dash lights cycling off and on. I'm wondering if it is possible that the driver's door window control module died and this is causing the body control module to act up.

Since I'm 90 miles from service, just pondering my options. Need to raise window before winter. ha

Froggy

Was able to answer my own question.

Current Mopar part number for the Door Module is 68091720AA ($200) and the current Body Control Module Mopar part number is 68174094AB ($360).

To save time and driving lots of miles back and forth between diagnosis and ordering in parts, I guess I'll buy both parts to ensure that one trip and one day gets the job done. This has been a very expensive vehicle to keep running.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I can't recall from the previous thread... did you remove the door panel and look for damaged/tugged wiring?
(and test the window motor itself with a separate power source?)

--dick (trying to save you $500)

Froggy

Thanks Dick, I checked all wiring, fuses, related relays, all looks good. Now, to remove door panel, check wiring, switch and test window motor this afternoon. Lotta pain. ha

showkey

Don't over look that the power window might not be related to the SRS ( I know they happened at or around the same time) but don't jump to conclusions. The seat belt buckle switch and the under seat wiring is a common issue for the SRS light....especially in your case where the seat belt light is going on and off intermittently.

I am with autostar.......test the window motor before buying any modules especially at these prices. Power window motors go bad in dirty wet environment.

If your scan tool has body functions and live data list your a see the power window switch and confirm is function and the module function. Measure the voltage witha DVOM at the motor connection while operating the switch thus will also confirm the modules in question.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Looking at the two wiring diagrams, the "whole car" 3rd party diagram has a problem... the CANbus circuit from the door module is not properly drawn (or is inconsistent compared to the "Computer Circuits" section) ...
The windows (door module) would seem to be fairly independent of the Body control module.
Likewise the seat belts/airbags (supplemental restraint system) are handled by the "occupant protection Module".
Both the door module and the OPM are wired to a Diagnostic Junction Block (27), and use the CANbus to talk to the body control module.

As others have said, the fact that the SRS indicator is able to turn off means that it's probably the "seat belts connected" circuitry instead of the airbags being intermittently connected (unless it's bizarrely quirky CANbus noise).

--dick

Froggy

Thanks for your input!

So I removed door panel and tested the window regulator motor. The window moves up and down just fine. Motor didn't hesitate a moment. I also took the window/mirror switch apart, no problems internally that I could see. I put everything back together, mirrors move correctly and smoothly

All wiring in the door seemed tight and there is 12v coming into the door module when the key is on. So what symptoms I have at the moment is the driver's window will not operate, the door lock on the driver's door will not operate when I press the FOB -- all of the other doors lock and unlock properly (I can manually lock the driver's door with the key), the SRS light is on and the seatbelt light randomly flashes off (mostly on) while sitting in the seat with seatbelt fastened. If no one is sitting in the seat, seatbelt light stays steady on. Wiring to seat belt seems perfect, no abrasions, nicks or cuts. One last test would be to undo the seatbelt wiring and short the circuit to take seatbelt clasp out of the circuit.

I'm thinking that part of the door module has died. Even though the SRS came on -- on or about the time I lowered the window, what this has to do (if anything) with the SRS light is a mystery. I am going to purchase a door lock module. Can this be programmed for my van using the VIN number, or do I have to install it and then have it programmed?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
I would guess that the door module would not require any programming.
At worst, a VIN-based part lookup should get you a correctly-programmed unit.

The functions such as "recognize remote key access" are handled elsewhere, and the door module need only respond to an "open the lock" command coming from the CANbus.

--dick

Froggy

Hi Dick: I believe the door module has an FOB antenna in it. (There may be other antennas on the van as well.) I opened the module to see if any burns spots (there were none) were on the circuit board and saw the antenna.

I'm thinking the door module is always on, listening for FOB signals which are then sent to CANbus which then tells all listening circuits to activate. I am guessing programming will be required, the network needs to register the new unit. But we'll see what happens when a new one is installed. Can you imagine my joy if the door module is not the problem. ha

AMDin93103

I know Froggy followed up to this thread with solutions on his issue but I'm diagnosing something that may or may not be related. Feel free to relocate this..

My drivers window switch (two button, no mirror control PN A9065450113) went bad and I replaced it. All replacement parts point to Mopar 68042380AA or A9065451013

However, the operations of the switch are reversed. The left button controls the right window, and the right button controls the left window. The old/original switch still performs the functions properly, albeit poorly. The plug is not reversible. Does something need to be reprogrammed for this switch to work properly?!

Top Bottom