o2 Sensor Location

alwaysnumber22

hi all....i have 2008 with 220,000 miles - Dealership wants to replace o2 sensor for over $600. I pulled code P2A00 and says bank 1 sensor 1. I purchased replacement o2 sensor but just need to know where location is on vehicle to replace. Any direction would be greatly appreciated as I have not been able to find any videos or information online. I just don't want to spend $600 to change a sensor. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Depending upon the rest of your hardware, it's either item (27) in the left picture, or (12) in the right.

OxySensor.png

In short, it's plugged into the first "chubby" part of the exhaust system.

--dick

manwithgun

Unknown member
Follow this large connector from the passenger side fire wall. It's a 22mm to remove. I use a set of offset metric wrenches from Harbor Freight that I cut to make into crowfoots. I cut it down to have clearance under the vehicle. The 17mm and 18mm I use for the injectors and fuel rail. The whole set is $16.00. Say what you will about HF, my feelings won't be hurt. I spend on quality where I need it.

Note: can't upload photos without resizing. There should be a 1" rectangular connector on the firewall that leads down to the exhaust. That is the O2 sensor.

Top Bottom