Question on Dealer Base Price

dsevr

Looking for a 118 inch model and finding that some have a base price of $28,040, some $28,400, some $29,050. Obviously there was two price increases in 2006 but wondering what dealer base cost was on each for nego purposes. All I can find is a dealer base price of $26,436. Not certain that is for current price or lower initial price. Appreciate any help.

soflo316

I noticed the same thing when shopping for my 118 cargo in September. The one I bought was delivered to the dealer in April 06, and had the 28400 base price. I used edmunds to figure the invoice and was only off by about $30 dollars. Ended up paying about $450 over dealer invoice when the deal was done (this includes all fees).

Once I figured out the difference in the base price, I only shopped the 'cheaper' ones, since I don't think you are getting anything more for the $600 increase on the 'late 06' models.
Todd

sikwan

06 Tin Can
When we ordered ours in Oct '05, I went to KBB.com, Edmunds.com, and Carsdirect.com (I don't remember if I got any info from these guys :thinking:) prior to visiting the dealership.

When I got there the Fleet Manager showed me their invoice list and the msrp. Both matched the list I got from KBB and Edmunds. It could be all a conspiracy for all I know. :bounce:

After he told me that he could sell one to us for $1100 over invoice, I thought about it for 5 seconds and asked, "how about $300 over invoice (because that's what I was seeing)?" He stuck out his hand and said,"you got yourself a deal!" :shifty: Till this day I wonder whether I should've gone below invoice first. :bash:

Exactly six months later (March), I get a call from the Fleet Manager that our Sprinter has arrived (I was beginning to think that I was going to save the money and put it back into the stock market). When I got there he told me that the invoice price has gone up $400, but was going to honor the original invoice price that we agreed on. This is the only increase that I know of.

Seek

chaozz

the 07 sprinter is going up by 6% when they hit
in may..

i bought mine few days ago and felt lucky to get it at $500 over invoice
i emailed every dealer in CA and some wanted 3 grand over MSRP
since there is so few Cargo sprinter left out there till may.
and the newer ones are going to be bigger he said there doing away
with the 118 and the 140 is going to 144 and no more short roof

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
well if any says there is a shortage of Sprinters and your looking to buy now theres ninety for sale at Fleet prices less if you bargain situated at Winchester Ky
Richard
90 sprinters for sale.jpg
If a dealer has to sell via the net, then there is your prime indicator things are crook in tularook.

Attachments

Last edited:

chaozz

there still going to have the diesel in 07
but if i recall the 118 will not be made here and
the 140 is going to 144 and high roof only
but will finally have a tilt steering wheel

also every dealer inventory can be veiwed online.
i did not see a dealer with that many in KY

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yes the telescopic steering wheel returns again!and the heated standard mirrors, become optional again?
A little bit of history repeating on it's self
I dunn'o:idunno:
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Don't know why they deleted it in 2002? mirrors non-heated heated in winter do fog up on a cold morn, so I'm not happy that I had to get mine as an option! on the 2006 model run, but I did not pay for it, as there is no indicator on the billing slip.
Then again air con is not such a big deal , you can't win.
Richard

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I never had heated mirrors until I decided to add them to our Subaru Forester X (didn't come with them) because I couldn't see when we took it to snow country.

Now, I can't live without them (well, maybe not that drastic :smilewink:). In the mornings I don't have to wipe my mirrors if they're fogged up and it works very well in the rain not to mention in the snow. Don't plan on taking the Sprinter to snow country, but you never know.

Seek

ps. The adjustable steering doesn't phase me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. :idunno:

Top Bottom