Floor Lashing/Tie Down D Rings - The Screw

SprinterKing

Does anyone know where I can find this Torx Screw?

I included the only picture I could find which was on an ebay offering in Europe and can't be shipped to the US.

I only need the Screw.

I talked my local dealer and they told me to bring in what I was looking for and they could source it, but when I asked how much he told me $10.00 each bolt/screw.

Maybe that's just what they cost, but I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas here first.

Thanks.

Attachments

mikesprints

just match the length which is about 30mm and pitch. I looked for longer myself once but nothing available in a truss/washer, torx head. All will be hex in that style bolts. Get the 8.8 grade for matching strength. Call a metric bolt supplier in your area. If you walk in they may just hand you one.

SprinterKing

Thanks Mike.

I was looking for the originals because I striped the torx interface on one completely and slightly on a few others. I was rushing. Plus I'm new at the torx system and I think this E socket star might be slightly undersized, but it's the only one that fit in the set I bought.

What I didn't want to do was damage the threads in the bed of the van. Hence the post.

I'll do as you suggested. That's helpful. Thank you.

sailquik

SprinterKing,
The tie down ring (cargo control in the floor) retainer bolt is Mercedes part number A 002 990 27 12.
The description in the epc.startekinfo parts database says:
"Bolt, Bracket to Floor T45 M8 x 30 8.8 Strength.
So, you need an 8mm bolt, 30mm long, with a T45 Torx drive in the head heat treated to the 8.8 Strength standard.
Should be able to get any Mercedes Benz Sprinter dealer (commercial or perhaps at a Freightliner Sprinter dealer who use the
same parts numbering system I've been told) to order as many as you need.
You need to purchase an E series (European/Metric) Torx Drive set and a Female E series Torx Socket set to really be able to
work on your Sprinter.
Male (includes the T 45 you need)
https://www.amazon.com/WORKPRO-13-p...F8&qid=1500604110&sr=8-26&keywords=e+torx+set
Female Torx sockets:
https://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-FEMALE-TORX-SOCKET/dp/B000I45Y8Q
Hope this helps,
Roger

SSMaui

Fixer of thangs
A 002 990 27 12

T45 M8x30

Edit: Whoops: sailquik already posted it... :)

Last edited:

downunder

Hi sailquick,
In #5 you detail the female torx sockets.
Am I safe to assume that one of those will fit the 4 torx? screws holding the seats down?
I am unfamiliar with the sizing of these.
Thanks

sailquik

downunder,
Yes!
The set that I bought, way back when in my 2006 T1N days, I removed the drivers seat several times,
using the Torx socket that fits the 4 large bolts that attach the driver's seat to the top of the seat box.
If you need a specific size, send me your VIN # and I'll pull the specs on the seat attachment bolts.
There are several other places on your Sprinter that use the Torx head bolts, so while you may not
use every size in the set, you may actually use most of them.
Hope this helps,
Roger

noobinacan

edit: found - ty

Last edited:

Fourbye

I don't understand why you didn't just give the man the $10 and be on your way. What are you waiting for?

Top Bottom