Optional Equipment

SprinterKing

2016 2500 Cargo Van 170

On the equipment sheet under Optional Equipment and Value Added Packages among other things mine shows:

ED4 AGM Battery 12V 95 Ah N/C

I took this to mean that I have the auxiliary battery, but after looking under the hood I see nothing in the spot off to the right where I thought the battery was located.

Also under the drivers seat the compartment is pretty bare. Unless I missed something, I don't see the aux tap.

Any tips?

Is it possible that the "ED4 AGM Battery 12V 95 Ah N/C" description refers to the main starter battery?

Thanks for any insight.

mikesprints

Did you order one? I'm still looking for the Corinthian's that make such fine leather goods. Manufacturer's love to insert puffed up terms for rudimentary items and then add N/C line items to build value when then is none.
Motortrend has a build out list where you can see build codes and compare what is plain jane and what are" upgrades". MB's site for that matter.

SprinterKing

This van just happened to be on the lot at my local dealer.

I was surprised not being able to find the aux battery under the hood.

sailquik

Yes, per the sprinter-equipment-handbook-my2016, th 12v 95 AH battery is installed in the battery compartment under your drivers
side floor board.
This optional battery is smaller and lighter than the standard wet cell battery.
The gel/glass mat battery comes standard on all OM-651 4 cylinder Sprinters but needs to be ordered as an option
with the OM-642 V6 that comes standard with the wet flooded cell battery.
You can download the complete handbook-my2016 here:
https://sprinterguy.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/sprinter-equipment-handbook-my2016.pdf
Then go to page 115 for a full description of the ED4 Option.
The E28 Retro Fit Aux Battery description can be found on Page 110 same handbook.
For those of you with 2016 Sprinters, downloading the entire handbook will explain what you
get for every MB Sprinter USA Options Code.
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

ZED

Sprinter Newbie
Good link. It has most of the options that my 2015 came with and definitely explains a few things.

Top Bottom