A/C Heater Blower Motor Question

Bourkeco

Has anyone found a upgrade for the stock one? Even when its new and working well it seems a bit weak...

Thanks
Scott

Yes I have.... The motor is getting old and Im going to replace it I was just wondering if there was something better out there?
It hasn't been a hot topic here on the forum. OEM seems to work fine for most owners.

Have you checked that your diverter cables, etc. are actually working? Does the air vent knob selector turn freely (it should click to various positions) or is it hard to rotate/stuck?

vic

Bourkeco

It hasn't been a hot topic here on the forum. OEM seems to work fine for most owners.

Have you checked that your diverter cables, etc. are actually working? Does the air vent knob selector turn freely (it should click to various positions) or is it hard to rotate/stuck?

vic
Maybe I just need a new one.... Ill try that first...

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
The AC evaporator can get fouled if it is run without a cabin filter. You can see it above the cabin filter in the AC duct.

Maybe I just need a new one.... Ill try that first...
Maybe...

I can tell you that DC motors either work or they don't. They can be intermittent in operation (bad brushes, controls, etc.), but basically a single speed DC motor driving a centrifugal fan is not complicated. It drives a fixed load. A centrifugal fan is not positive displacement. Restriction of a centrifugal fan can lower the output aka load on the motor, but it can't increase it.

Good luck.

vic

Gaspiper

Has anyone found a upgrade for the stock one? Even when its new and working well it seems a bit weak...

Thanks
Scott
Yes I have , I measured the air flow in CFM out of the vents with my properly working OEM blower then went and got an after market one thru ebay and measured that too then found out there was an increase in air flow . If remember correctly I got a 25% increase . OEM blower sucked right from day one .I am much happier with the new upgrade and wish I got it sooner .

... and got an after market one thru ebay ...
eBay lists quite a few. Any more detail for the guy?

vic

Added:
From the posting reply.

Heater Blower Motor Original HART/THERMOTEC part no 4001-ME109OE:0008352285 0018305608 001830570805133434AA 2D1959101 2D1959101A2D1959101B 5103806AA 5133434AA5133435AA A0008352285 A0018305608A0018305708

Last edited:

My resistor pack failed in stages.

Do you have the REST function?

If yes, with the engine off push the REST button. Does the fan run? If yes, your resistor pack is intact. If no, you may have a failed resistor segment(s), a harness problem, or...

The simple test above verifies the resistor pack having a complete set of resistors. It doesn't test the fan speed switch or the many other possibly failed components.

For high fan speed the resistor pack is out of the circuit (NAS aka NAFTA T1N Sprinters). The 12 volt power for high speed goes directly to the motor.

vic

Marion Joe

I had the same problem recently. Motor worked fine when jumping it to another power source, but was weak when reinstalled. Pushing the connector, I noticed a change in speed. It appears over time the screws holding to motor to the housing loosened and created an intermittent / bad connection. I tightened motor to enclosure and has been fine since. Good luck.

Top Bottom