Rubberized flooring

Anyone use Lonseal products for their van floor? I hear some people use Loncoin II on their floors, which has a good friction coefficient even when wet, and makes the floor water tight. Looks like a great product.

I'd love to hear some installation stories about using those products.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
One of my companies runs on this type of business overlay floors rubber you name it we can do it.
Rubber floors over metal is a no no as to condensation build up with humidity and voids in floors etc its based on the principle of Hydro (Water) capillary action, and or expansion and contraction under Temperature variants.

Or a membrane installation can be incorporated with a screed self leveling overlay to prevent moisture migration. 20 mil max. in depth.Warning not for a DYI project; as this requires a fully certified installer to apply the product for the base, as to range type's, for varying surfaces and condition's etc thus a wood overlay floor is recommended..seal with a primer to avoid dirt impregnation on the surface also called an acid wash prep.

These products [Rubber} have a rear paper peal off backing, that has a high self sticking anti slip adhesive that instantly bonds to the floor, cut template for fitting prior to removal of paper backing, it can be pealed backed, front to rear 50/50 no resin based work place safety issues with this one or toxic smells in confided areas, the rubber odor from the vulcanizing process, dissipates in a very short period of time after it settles.

They are good products the bubbles many varying designs on top of the rubbers surface! many of, act as an anti slip agent, as rubber has the poorest of stability for traction, if water present on surface.

Not friendly to solvents either, always clean with a postative PH neutralizer such as coconut milk mixed with water this removes the dirt and prevents white spotting on the surface do not ever use a silica based product as this accentuates the slippage rate.
Richard

d_bertko

I find a smooth surface the easiest to maintain. That coefficient of friction can be annoying moving gear around. And is generally insufficient when panic-stopping. I heard a vehicle rolls six times in the average high speed rollover accident. The thought of all those missiles makes me strap all gear down.

My camping style involves a lot of muddy boats and gear getting transported. I like the commercial-size rubber welcome mats for aisle comfort. Easy to remove to thoroughly clean.

Top Bottom