Odometer reading seems suspicious

Hi, looking at a a T1N advertised with 100k from a dealer but picture of odometer shows 49 miles.

I'm sure they could have replaced the entire speedometer assembly but is it possible they can also tinker with the reading?

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
The speedo readings are not held by the instrument cluster, I understand that it is all held in the on board computer, maybe that was changed?

Arnie_Oli

Without hacking the odometer, which is going to be possible (somehow) you could swap the ECU, SKREEM and keys over from a similar model/engine scrapper, re-code the injectors and then the donor van would show the mileage the old setup had been moved over from.

Seems highly improbable to sell a van advertised at 100k miles, at a seemingly sensible odometer reading then show it with only 40 miles on the clock.

Thanks much everyone and I also agree it didn't make sense to me either and upon closer inspection the "decimal point" is there showing picture is of Trip Meter.

Glad also to see it would be a big undertaking for an unscrupulous seller to try and modify actual mileage.

Could that be the "trip" mileage you're seeing in the photo?

Gary
If it's showing a decimal point and tenths of miles, it's the trip odometer.

--dick

Top Bottom