PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent traction control light

Nick-UK
06-18-2017, 07:55 PM
My traction control light is intermittently on.

It was on permanently until the last week when I had an auto electrician sort out other issues and after clearing codes all lights went off including traction control. Happy days.

Now its come back on.
Start van, traction control light stays on. Turn van off and immediately re start and light goes off and stays off until the next re start. Ive repeated the above several times and get the same results.

Any clues gratefully accepted :thumbup:

MillionMileSprinter
06-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Check​ the speed sensor at each wheel and it's corresponding tone ring. They may be dirty or slightly too far apart.

Nick-UK
06-18-2017, 08:18 PM
Check​ the speed sensor at each wheel and it's corresponding tone ring. They may be dirty or slightly too far apart.

Arnie_Oli
06-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Can you not plug in a diagnostic unit? It would at least tell you what the ECU thinks is wrong and likely which sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro which means I am probably lying under the van wishing I had a crawler and a large warm workshop I could park in.

chromisdesigns
06-19-2017, 12:27 AM
So far I've had three speed sensors replaced under warranty they just don't seem to last very long at all

Nick-UK
06-19-2017, 07:37 AM
Can you not plug in a diagnostic unit? It would at least tell you what the ECU thinks is wrong and likely which sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro which means I am probably lying under the van wishing I had a crawler and a large warm workshop I could park in.

Ill be doing that tomorrow. It will be a more basic code reader though not the all singing one that the auto electrician plugged in last week so I thought a few clues might help as the basic one didn`t help much with my other problem.

Arnie_Oli
06-19-2017, 07:49 AM
If you were near me you could use mine but you're miles away mate.

Nick-UK
06-19-2017, 09:16 AM
If you were near me you could use mine but you're miles away mate.

Cheers Arnie, My van will be a camper in a couple of months so I`ll come down and wild on your drive :bounce:

Nick-UK
06-23-2017, 12:05 AM
I`m thinking a trip to Merc dealer might be on the cards.
Local garage read codes (Now 2nd time) ended up getting a auto electrician to sort it first time round. But the codes c1022 is back :frown: Need to get it fixed so unless anyone has some cunning plan I think main dealer could be expensive but give me the outcome I need.

Only thing local garage could think of was 4x4 control box seams a bit loose in the connector. Could that be it and do I need a new loom/connector ??