bent & cracked rear frame

Frank L.

I have a 2008 Pleasureway Ascent on a Sprinter chassis. both rear frame rails have buckled and the right side has cracked just back of the air bags. Has anybody else experienced this and what did you do to repair and prevent it from happening again?

Frank L.

it is a 2500 I have not weighed it, but it is just as it was when built. I do not tow or have not added any weight.

sailquik

What manufacturer made the air bag setup?
A few, with the Firetone airbag set up have bent/cracked the rear sheet metal box beams because the upper air bag supports are not long enough or shaped correctly to support the thin sheet metal box beams, so the box beams bend/crack due to the point loading of the upper Air bag mount under the Sprinter's rear structure.
Might want to talk to Pleasureway if the air bag installation was part of their up fit to the 316/2500 Sprinter
Cargo van chassis.
Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

ptheland

2013 144" low top Passgr
it is a 2500 I have not weighed it, but it is just as it was when built. I do not tow or have not added any weight.
No offense, but you've added weight. Here's a brief list of item you likely have added:
Clothes
Kitchen ware
Water (potable, grey, and/or black)
Driver and passenger(s)
Food
Tools
books, computers, other entertainment devices

Some RVs on Sprinter chassis are built out from the factory leaving as little as 700 pounds for the above items. Driver and passenger alone are likely at least 300 pounds. 15 gallons of water is another 100.

It is surprisingly easy to overload an RV.

Top Bottom