Looking for a picture for easy access to swirl valve linkage

Almazick

Can anyone please post a picture for NCV3 so I can try manually unjam swirl valve's by grabbing the linkage. I just can't find linkages from the top of the engine and before I start fully dissembling my engine just a single picture pointing to the linkage will help a lot. I'm sure they got stuck because I had a little leak from the fuel filter and by unjamming them, might save me a lot of time. 2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 has been parked for around a year or so, now it shows an error P2015.

ccins

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a "simple" solution to this issue. My 2013 ERA (RV) is on a 2012 MB sprinter chassis and hasn't had any use since november 2016. Started fine all winter (no cel) now has a CEL (P2006, P2007, P200A). The rig runs but lacks power on hills - not yet in limp mode. My nearest MB Dealer is 3hrs away (normal drive). Very poor engineering on the part of MB

rollerbearing

You can thank Boxter1971 for letting us know about these StarTuned magazine issues.

Here's the one concerning the variable length manifolds/swirl valves for gas engines. It still has some applicability for diesels.

https://www.mbwholesaleparts.com/downloads/StartunedArchive/2014/Intake-Manifold.pdf

Interesting how they hint at preventive maintenance manifold cleaning services. How exactly that is easily done on a diesel is not apparent to me. They obviously know it's likely needed to be done.

Last edited:

Top Bottom