How to operate electric fuel pump to empty gas from fuel tank? 2005 sprinter...

jackbombay

2003 158" shc
I DID NOT MISFUEL MY VAN!

But a 2005 that is owned by someone that is not me has a tank full of gasoline, the tank is mostly gasoline, it was driven for 20 minutes, it was knocking but was running, it was shut off as opposed to stalling out, but, I'm sure the high pressure fuel pump and injectors took a beating...

At any rate, I'm sure it's possible to make the fuel pump run to empty the tank into 5 gallon gas cans, anyone have details handy?

Thanks!

Don't use a fuse position. Pull the fuel pump relay and jump across the relay terminals. A spade terminal will not hurt the relay connectors/connection points.

vic

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
If there is significant injection hi pump damage due to mis-fueling, the metallic evidence will typically collect and be visible at the return fuel line's diverter valve.

On the 612, this plastic diverter valve is located on the top of the fuel filter.

On the 647 this valve is located just above the fuel cooler at the rear of the tank.

The 612's valve is somewhat easier to access and inspect because it only has 2 fittings and clamps. The 647 has 4.

Doktor A

DougE

Siphon it out with a plastic hose from the big box building supply store. Add the cheapest in-line fuel filter from the auto store to the hose and siphon back into gasoline powered vehicles.

Top Bottom