2007 2500 Tranny problems

1st, I was wondering what everyone thought of Jasper Transmissions? They have a local shop here in Seattle, otherwise I would probably order from Silver Star.
2nd, Just a little run down of problem, we are periodically having an issue with van just wont rev when put in gear. Just sits there, if we put in park then it will rev. Mercedes dealer said there was a fair amount of metal in pan and needs replacing. Btw, they quoted 9400.00 for replacing tranny with torque converter. Guess who I am not going to have do it. We had a new contact plate put in it about 18 mos ago. I has worked ok until lately, mechanic did not see any oil in TCM connector. Transmission fluid was changed along with tranny filter a bit ago. Btw, not codes relating to this either per dealer. Just goes into this mode and then will drive ok for 1 to 2 days then does it again.

Boender

I have a 2008 2500 ,my transmission went, so I went to MB their price to fix it was around 8 to 9 thousand . I went to a local transmission shop here in Canada they rebuilt the transmission for 3 thousand dollars . MB was going to give a two year warranty the local shop gave a one year.That was over 3 years ago. The rebuilt transmission has worked great.

sprint2freedom

2008 NCV3 170ext
My 2008 2500 has a Jasper rebuild put in by the previous owner.. parts and labor came to about 3700. Still under 3 year/100k mile warranty (transferrable) and seems to work fine. YMMV

lindenengineering

Jasper and Silverstar rebuilds are about $500 difference in their prices.

Budget about $3750 for an exchange unit plus about 5.5 hours of shop labor to install.
Both good and have 3 years and 36,000 mils nationwide warranty.

Dennis

Top Bottom