Help! Oil and filter change now getting LHM

PATECO

I just did an oil change this morning along with a new oil filter. Used Mobil1 0W40 European

Now I am suddenly getting LHM symptoms. If I shut her off, I get turbo for a few minutes, and then LHM again.

What could have happened? Please help!!!

I just did an oil change this morning along with a new oil filter. Used Mobil1 0W40 European

Now I am suddenly getting LHM symptoms. If I shut her off, I get turbo for a few minutes, and then LHM again.

What could have happened? Please help!!!
I know that for me oil change day includes "look around for other things" time. Is the oil/filter change ABSOLUTELY THE ONLY thing that you did?

vic

Coincidence? :idunno:

Is the MIL aka CEL lit? Have you scanned for codes?

Failing that giving a direction, inspect the charge air system closely for any signs of air leaks. That is probably the #1 cause for LHM while having no MIL aka CEL indication.

vic

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Let's see... did you make sure that the 3 O-rings were properly placed?
(forgetting the smallest one causes lots of oil to dump back into the pan instead of circulating through the engine)

Even a very cheap OBD reader might give you *some* clue (although lack of oil is not an emission-related item, so i don't know what code might appear to a non-Sprinter-savvy scanner)

--dick

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
Like Dick has mentioned, I would be pulling the oil filter out and having a good look at the stem on which the oil filter lives for missing o rings.

Failing that reinsert the old filter and see how it runs..:idunno:

Good point about checking for the bottom O-ring aka drain plug seal to be properly in place. The consequence of that shouldn't be as bad as a missing filter stem assembly, but it would bleed off a bunch of oil pressure.

That said, I'm not certain about how that might set LHM. There is no oil pressure monitor, there is an oil level (edit)quality monitor.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=481964#post481964

:2cents: vic

Last edited:

PATECO

Checked the intake hoses first, since that was my issue last time. No leaks found. Resonator is already Billet style so no cracks there. I changed the air filter in case it was clogged. But still lhm. The guy who changed the oil, rinsed the bottom of the engine when he was done. Is there anything he could have gotten wet that would cause this? Trans sensor etc.?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
... The guy who changed the oil, rinsed the bottom of the engine when he was done. Is there anything he could have gotten wet that would cause this? Trans sensor etc.?
Yes, the oil quantity/quality sensor bolted to the side of the sump. Try unplugging and cleaning the contacts, it may be full of water.

PS And it's one in Dick's list!!!

Keith.

Top Bottom