Sprinter acting up with codes

kkahabka

Hi all
All of a sudden I got a weird issue.
When van is cold it runs great.
Then you let it sit and restart it, about 15-30 seconds later it idles rough and sometimes dies completely. Also there is no power to drive, it will go, but sometimes it takes a second of full throttle to move.

I have codes
P0102 Mass Air
P0100 Mass Air
P0112 Intake Air Sensor

I have replace the Intake Mass Air Sensor, as this is a problematic sensor and figured it is a good place to start!

HELP!

showkey

More info is needed to avoid unnecessary parts replacing.

First question........Has the air cleaner area or fuel filter been serviced recently ?

Couple for DIY checks........check that all air intake pipes are connected and tight. Is the turbo air inlet pipe and the orange gasket in place and in good condition? Confirm all electrical connections on the air cleaner housing are firmly connected.

Next steps might be beyond the DIY level depending on tools and skills. Using a scan tool that is able to read MB data and codes. Scan tool with live data would be the next step to actually read the data from the sensors that are involved. The easy one is the air intake sensor actually reading and sending the correct temperature???

Last edited:

kkahabka

Yes the air cleaner has been replaced.
Also Ill add the van surges at times while driving.
Im not sure on the Fuel Filter, we recently purchased the van.

Is the turbo on top on these vans?

showkey

The reason I asked if the air filter or fuel filter had been serviced recently is when those services happen the errors or codes you have are common when things like clamps, pipes, electrical connectors are left off or loose.

In this photo the outlet to the turbo goes to the inlet of the turbo where the orange gasket is the seal on that pipe. This photo was cut and pasted from another post here a reference only.

Think your going to need professional help soon if it's not something real simpl like a loose connection on the air intake.

Last edited:

kkahabka

Thank you for the info!~

I changed air filter AFTER the engine light came on, when it showed the MASS air flow sensor issue.

I took the van in today a "Master Certified MB Mechanic" he is confident that its the EGR.

I ordered a EGR and a Mass air sensor.

I will keep posts updated!~

Top Bottom