Advice for walk through. First RV!

chris.UP

We just bought a 2012 Pleasureway Plateau TS and are very excited to pick it up and do a walk through with a technician. We know virtually nothing at this point. Any advice on what we should make sure to learn and know in this process? I would appreciate wisdom from any seasoned Class B RV enthusiast. Thanks!

Seber

Be sure you understand the electronics, especially anything aftermarket. Have them open and close the awning. While you are there, pick up a toilet wand.

Is the technician familar with Pleasure Ways and Sprinters? If not, they may not be much good in explaining the systems and how they actually work. Make sure to get the complete manual and all the appliance manuals, also service records and all that's been done to it with details. If you can get the previous owners contact information and willingness to answer questions that may come up, that would be good also.
Otherwise, go to the PW website and watch the walk-through video for the 2014 and earlier models if there are any. Anything newer than that won't apply as the electrical system and some appliances are totally different from 2015 onwards.
Make sure all the systems work - how old is the battery? Tires? Does the generator run under load? Try the air conditioner with the generator on, make sure the fridge has been turned on so you can see that it's cold. It should work on all three power sources - AC, DC and propane. The awning I think is still manual, so make sure it cranks in and out fairly easily. If not, there are some adjustments that can be done, but it takes quite a bit of fiddling by someone who knows what they're doing.
Make sure there's enough water in the tank and water heater to make sure that works as well as the furnace.
The electrical fuses, breakers and battery disconnect are in the driver's side ottoman at the back.
As for the loose stuff, make sure you get the bed boards, cushions, table surface and leg (know where they store also).
Learn how to operate the entertainment centre. It's not quite intuitive and people often change out components, making it work differently than the original. Find out what is original and what has been replaced. It will help with finding answers to questions later as it makes it more difficult for other owners to answer questions on modifications a previous owner has done, so be sure to get the rundown on everything that's been changed as you can't get that info from other owners.
I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff, but that should give you an idea of a lot of the systems. Write stuff down, take notes, video or whatever you can to help remember. Since its your first RV, it'll be all Greek and information overload. You won't remember. That's why to get the previous owners contact info so you can ask again while you're getting familiar.
There's very few PW owners on this site as mentioned in one of the sticky threads above. Everyone is on the yahoo groups system, so be sure to join the owners group once you know your vin number for help and resources. Go to groups.yahoo.com and search for pleasurewayownersgroup just like that.
Let me know if you need more info on anything.

Last edited:

Namaste!

Chris,

Great advice from BL, a Pleasure Way Ambassador. Where are you located? There is a high probability that a Pleasure Way owner in your area would be happy to help and be a future resource. Do join the Yahoo Pleasure Way owners group as it has over a thousand members with a collective wealth of knowledge and experience:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Pleasurewayownersgroup/info

A great way to learn about your rig and to meet other PW owners is to attend a PW owners rally. There is one next month in Big Timber, MT, June 22 to 26, but you need to register ASAP as the campground is nearly full. If interested, contact contact me or BL directly for further info---BL is one of the rally coordinators. Hope to see you there!

Best of luck and happy travels with your PW!

Last edited:

Top Bottom