Junk Mail

jo333

Unfortunately after signing up to this forum I have receive TONS of junk email. Obviously my email was sold to profit the forum. Very disgusted!! BEWARE to new would be members!!!!

alichty

2014 LTV Unity TB
I have to echo PortlandRV's observation - I have been on here since 2013 and have seen no increase in junk mail.

Oliver Guy

Same here, never a problem with junk mail since signing up. The junk mail I get since was the same junk I got before, and are all from the usual suspects.

jo333

Happened a week ago. Signed up on Saturday, by Monday had 20+ junk emails, and now even more every day! It's the only place where I've given out my email in months, so don't think it came from somewhere else.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Unlike so many of the "mass market" social sites (yahoo, aol, facebook, instagram, etc), the Sprinter-forum is owned and operated by one of the members. He has physical control of the server (it may even be in his house).

It's really a tiny operation ... and sikwan has never sold us down the river in the past...
Quite the opposite: he's even restricted types of advertising based upon his own and member's tastes.

If you've ever been a Yahoo client, their membership database thefts are legendary and repeated... it only take having one of those year-old data-dumps getting into a new spammer's hands to release a new flood of email.

--dick
p.s. there's a sub-forum for complaints like this: "Comments, Suggestions, & Problems with the Forum"
(which i see we've just been shuffled in to...)

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Unfortunately after signing up to this forum I have receive TONS of junk email. Obviously my email was sold to profit the forum. Very disgusted!! BEWARE to new would be members!!!!
I would be disgusted, too. You might have signed your email away somewhere else and I certainly would not under any circumstance sell user info.

It would be counter-intuitive to a community (the brains) I have access to and frequently depend on.

I've given out my email in months, so don't think it came from somewhere else.
This is key.

Also, your email can be scraped from the recipients that you correspond with, before signing up here. Not everything is instant.

ps. The server is not in my house. It's in Fremont, CA in a higher security facility than what I have at home. :cry:

jo333

I'll take your word for it. Seemed awfully suspicious, and as I said: It's the only place I've released my email in months. Yes, I realize it's not the only way my email could be had. Didn't much appreciate the condescending PM you sent either, without a denial. 'Nuf said.

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Funny how accusations were thrown around with no proof and now I'm condescending? Shall I release the emails so that the public can be the judge?

Why I specifically targeted you is beyond me. If I'm going to sell anyone's info, Bobnoxious will be the first in line! :smilewink:

Tooth Fairy

Away with the fairies.
Ive been on here for 2 years or so, maybe longer, and have never received junk mail.
Mind you, I wouldnt surf the net without AdBlock Plus, NoScript and Norton 360 installed on my computer.

Without this kind of personal security you are just begging to spammed, phished and junked, blame yourself. :professor:

D

Deleted member 50714

No junk on my end, except some :turd: from Tooth-less Fairy!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 50714

Kind sir, please refrain from advancing unsupported accusations.:hugs:

Bone Head

2014 LTV Unity MB
I'll take your word for it. Seemed awfully suspicious, and as I said: It's the only place I've released my email in months. Yes, I realize it's not the only way my email could be had. Didn't much appreciate the condescending PM you sent either, without a denial. 'Nuf said.
WOW! Now aren't you a class act. Perhaps you should spend some time on this forum before you accused the forum sponsor. Good luck getting any help around here. I would suggest that you change your name before returning.
Bob

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 50714

WOW! Now aren't you a class act. Perhaps you should spend some time on this forum before you accused the forum sponsor. Good luck getting any help around here. I would suggest that you change your name before returning.
Bob

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Now now, let's not be bitter, it's not the way of the forum or any way a "Bob" should behave.

t.fischer

Release the emails. I have never been spammed since I have joined this site. Would love to see the evidence. This site seems to be very secure for the users and should be recognized for their good work and not slammed by someone with no evidence.
Ted

Top Bottom