Turn Signal Relay Solder

BehindTheLens

Hey everyone. I picked up a 2005 140" 2500 not to long ago and the hazards and turn signals have always flashed fast. Check all the bulbs, no problem. Didn't seem like the MFS because all the functions worked, just the flashers were fast. So I opened up the fuse box to see if one of the solders was bad and someone had soldered a wire between two of the prongs on the relay. Any idea why they would do this?

BehindTheLens

Follow up! I couldn't sleep without figuring it out, so I went back out and tried a few different things. Ultimately, I removed the wire jump someone soldered in and cleaned the connections, checked the cold points and they seemed fine, reinstalled the fuse box and no luck. Signals/hazards didn't work. Wiggled the relay and they would turn on, figured out that it didn't matter where I put pressure on the fuse box, just by putting a little torque on it, the signals worked. So I folded up some cardboard and placed it behind the fuse box, this added a little pressure on the box when I bolted it in and seems to have fixed the problem!!!

Add this to another fix for the intermittent turn signal issue!

Top Bottom