sprinter 4*4

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Chris,

You'll sell just about anything to an American. How much?

:)

(yes, I know they aren't road-legal in the States.... I'll just race it on a closed course)

:rolleyes:

motobueno

Chris,

You'll sell just about anything to an American. How much?

:)

(yes, I know they aren't road-legal in the States.... I'll just race it on a closed course)

:rolleyes:
Jon,Why don't we make your van a road-legal NAFTA NCV3 4x4. Sorry:idunno:-we can't give you a manual trans.Then you could race it anywhere you like!:smirk:
The neat thing for me looking at the pictures,Mercedes! is using the same parts that I have!:lol:
Chris is that a 6 speed and I would like to know your axle ratio's?
Please let us know how well you think the system works.As I understand, it supposed to use the ESP to control everything.
Great looking van (IT'S NOT WHITE!):thumbup:
Tom

Eric Experience

Motobueno.
Judging by the shape of the transfer case it is a chain type single speed, I expect you have the gear type 2 speed. Eric.

SPRINTERUK

HERE TO HELP
i still cannot understand why they do not offer this in your part of the world
maybe if they start selling direct as a mercedes sprinter with there own dealers?
any way enjoy what you have not got:thumbup:

chris

motobueno

Chris,That gearing(2.45) seems very high.I am running 3.72 and would like to go to 4.10 at some point.There must be very different gearing in the transmission to be able to pull such high gearing.
Are you full time 4x4 and it sound like you have only high range.Please check your gearing for me,such high gearing just dosen't seem right for a 4x4.

P.S. Dalmer is not going to bring 4x4 to the U.S.:thumbdown:
There is not enough sales here to make money.
They would have to stock parts,Train ALL the tech's
The numbers don't work.
That is why we are doing the conversions.
I guess that you could buy a euro spec 4x4 but you will NEVER be able to get it legal.
The gray market door has been SHUT!:bash:
I feel like i'm pissing in the wind here.Everyone keeps talking about wanting to bring a 4x4 van over.
Now that's pissing in the wind,cause it ain't gona happen.That's why we are doing what we are.(In case anyone missed it) We are importing the OEM 4x4 parts and converting U.S. van's to 4 wheel drive!
And as far as I can tell,We have the ONLY fully functioning 4x4 sprinter on the road
As frank said in the video,you get what you pay for.
If you all don.t think that what were doing works,you need to look at the video again.:bash:
And I am sorry.QUALITY IS NOT CHEAP! Truth be told we are NOT it this for big money.We are making every effort to keep the cost as low as possible,and I know that it is more than most would want to spend.
Interesting thing happened at the show this weekend.Several people told me that they had priced 4x4 vans.Prices came in between $50 & $60 K with no interior.(GAS MOTOR) I was told.
Given that, they did not think our price was out of line.
And we all know how much better our Sprinters are!!!
Well,That's my rant for the day,I'm off to find some mud to play in!:drool:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
comments relating to the 4x4 systems
:tongue:
Please note: auto transmissions and Manual are two separate rear axle ratios for the Combination of ZGI Selectable and ZG3 Selectable Low
These can be ordered to an alternative ratio via Mercedes_Benz sales, it's referred to as full option plausibility, and checking can be carried out in IQS or CESAR systems.
Ranging from 3 to 5 series Sprinters.
The axle ratios fitted to a 4x4 models will be the same as the standard 4x2 vehicle it is based upon.Optional ratios are available on request to improve Grade-ability.

Mercedes recommend that alternative ratios are considered for selectable 4x4 ZG1 at time of order.Due to gear reduction of selectable Low ZG3, the standard axle ratio may be suitable! dependent on operation.

Mercedes_Benz Sprinters are not an aftermarket conversion but a factory built Unit with full dealer warranty and service back up via The networks of Mercedes_Benz exclusive service centers world wide.all-warranties re transferable upon written request on a case by case basis.

The 4x4 system is turned on and off elctro-hydraulically.Ideally the system should be engaged or disengaged when the vehicle is stationary.it is possiable to select a vehicles speed up to 6 mph if conditions demand.
The system is operated by a dash board mounted rocker switch with integrated indicator lights to show both selections of full and or partial engagements.
Note: Mercedes Benz Sprinters can be bought in Via Mexico as to the US standard NAFTA agreements ..as to dealerships and economy and as to demand it's not likely until 2011
via a conformed dealership arrangement between Mercedes US LLC
The 4_ETS system uses full electronic control to manage traction which negates the need for a manually engaged differential lock.
Time is a Traveler..one model to be aware of that may just pop up when things go better with the re-regulated banking system
Early Days Boys and Gals.

"You have to ask yourself this Question": IF Aus has them, and sells maybe a 100 units a year MAX!
kangaroo_animated.gif
"Then why not stateside".:crazy:
sorcarlE.gif
Richard:popcorn:

Last edited:

aadsprinter

Great Question
We do not get stuff others get
They can get the 4X4 sprinter in Mexico isn't Mexico part of NAFTA
The can get the Vito/Viano vans with 4X4 in Mexico too!
What gives guys:thinking::idunno::yell:
Tosin O

Düsseldorfer

They can get the 4X4 sprinter in Mexico isn't Mexico part of NAFTA
I wonder where people get the idea that regulations have been harmonized across NAFTA borders.

The conversion-with-factory-parts method is the only practical way to get a 4x4 Sprinter in the US. One suspects that at some point Daimler will wise up and offer them in this market, as there would be proportionately as much demand for 4WD Sprinters as there is for 4WD Benz sedans. I don't see the training of techs being that big a deal, since presumably they trained some large majority of dealer techs when they introduced 4-matic sedans over here, and in any case there just aren't that many Sprinter mechanics to train.

D

blackheart

I wonder where people get the idea that regulations have been harmonized across NAFTA borders.

The conversion-with-factory-parts method is the only practical way to get a 4x4 Sprinter in the US. One suspects that at some point Daimler will wise up and offer them in this market, as there would be proportionately as much demand for 4WD Sprinters as there is for 4WD Benz sedans. I don't see the training of techs being that big a deal, since presumably they trained some large majority of dealer techs when they introduced 4-matic sedans over here, and in any case there just aren't that many Sprinter mechanics to train.

D

Like it has been said

Many would love to have one
many want to have one

few , very few would buy one due to cost factors

punter

Like it has been said

Many would love to have one
many want to have one

few , very few would buy one due to cost factors
Probably true if they built them in Europe.

The 4x4 , I think, adds about 10-15k to the price.

However, if they built them in the USA, they might have a good chance of being reasonably priced.

This may be heretical, but in 2014, Ford will be building the Transit in North America, and you will have your big 4x4 van, reasonably priced. Transit has sold six million units. They may not be Sprinters, but they work and parts will be locally available and there will be many dealers. Ford does seem to be on a roll lately.

It may well be that Sprinters are expensive and lack many options because Mercedes does not want to sell too many. The old American vans are one of the few very profitable segments for Ford and GM and Mercedes may want to let them make some money to get back to health - only because the alternative would be a nightmare.

aadsprinter

Hey Guys.
Unfortunately MB will have a decrease in market share when the transit gets here because ford will give us whatever we want on them. Why is the F150 the best selling pickup not because it is the best in my opinion it is because they will give you all the options you want and the dealerships are everywhere.
That will suck because we all know that the Sprinter is way cooler than anything else out there!:rad:

Top Bottom