16" wheels in UK ?

Nick-UK

Has anyone got any tips on where I can find some 16" steel wheels in the UK ?

Seam like rocking horse poop.

Cheers
Nick :)

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
If your T1Ns are like ours downunder, then they never came with 16". We have been using Fiat Ducato Maxi steel wheels (centre bore needs machining) instead. Its a great upgrade definitely worth doing.

Nick-UK

If your T1Ns are like ours downunder, then they never came with 16". We have been using Fiat Ducato Maxi steel wheels (centre bore needs machining) instead. Its a great upgrade definitely worth doing.
Thanks Owner. Thats one option. My lathe won`t fit a wheel but I think my mates one will so a bit of re sizing should be fairly easily sorted :)

Nick-UK

I've got 16" alloys on mine. Took me ages to find them. I'll post some pictures later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers Tiger. Id love to see some pictures. Ive found a few places that list alloys for sprinters but I just think they are car ones that happen to fit sprinters ? as they also list the same wheels for cars on the sites Ive found.

After much more googling last night I may have found some steels in Germany http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381431595409?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Steels would be my first choice as they bend rather than snap and I need 6 of them so cost will be much kinder on the wallet .

owner

I put ducato maxi alloys on mine...

Mine were new old stock from the Fiat dealer, they were clearing them out because the newer ducato vans use a different pattern. Whatever way you go, you must get ducato maxi, not normal ducato wheels. the maxi is the only one thats load rated same as the 3 ton sprinter and with the same bolt pattern.

BTW that listing you linkes says 6x130, so they are for the newer vans with 6 botls. you need 5x130

Nick-UK

Thanks Owner :thumbup:
maxis are quite popular here so I be I can find some second hand ones fairly easily. Back to google for me.

Nick

TigerRecovery

I got these wheels from someone on eBay. They had to be stripped and powder coated but now look like new.

Original as bought.

Powder coated ready for new tyres.

Fitted to the vehicle with 245/75x16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros.

For the spare wheel I've got a Vauxhall Movano steel wheel. Picked it up from the scrap yard for £20. It's ok to use as a spare but I'd want to make some hub centric rings which need to be 84.1mm ID and 89.4mm OD, so a ring 2.5mm thick to allow the wheel to be supported on the centre of the hub and not just on the wheel studs.

owner

Those alloys look good, but the offset looks like it kicks them out a lot over stock. The ducato wheels are pretty close to stock offset.

Top Bottom