PDA

View Full Version : Insulating Information

socal7625
04-08-2017, 05:56 AM
I recently purchased a 2016 Cargo Sprinter and I have read many varying thoughts and watched many YouTube videos on insulating your Sprinter van. At this point I was really unclear on what the best approach is as I have seen so many people insulating with different materials.

I ran across this article after searching RV insulating and found it to be the best information I have read so far.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/heating-insulation/understanding-insulation-van/

I hope to share my final decision and update the forum with some additional insight into insulating your van.

I have many projects that I am going to take on and hope to share them with the forum to help others. I will create a thread for each one of the following as I complete the projects.

1) Addition of a Maxxair vent.
2) Addition of an Alpine 1000 watt amp and speaker upgrades.
3) Addition of Duramat Extreme
4) Addition of CRL aftermarket venting windows in front drivers and sliding passenger side.
5) Insulating ceiling, walls and floor and new wood floor.
6) Interior build out to include bed and storage for beach use.
7) Adding rear backup camera and turn signal side cameras.

Frank Mc
04-08-2017, 07:33 PM
I recently purchased a 2016 Cargo Sprinter and I have read many varying thoughts and watched many YouTube videos on insulating your Sprinter van. At this point I was really unclear on what the best approach is as I have seen so many people insulating with different materials.

I ran across this article after searching RV insulating and found it to be the best information I have read so far.

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/heating-insulation/understanding-insulation-van/

I hope to share my final decision and update the forum with some additional insight into insulating your van.

I have many projects that I am going to take on and hope to share them with the forum to help others. I will create a thread for each one of the following as I complete the projects.

1) Addition of a Maxxair vent.
2) Addition of an Alpine 1000 watt amp and speaker upgrades.
3) Addition of Duramat Extreme
4) Addition of CRL aftermarket venting windows in front drivers and sliding passenger side.
5) Insulating ceiling, walls and floor and new wood floor.
6) Interior build out to include bed and storage for beach use.
7) Adding rear backup camera and turn signal side cameras.

Socal, everything Bob says is true especially regarding Reflectix Frank