Sick of Dealer

llstoff

llstoff
I am so sick of my certified sprinter dealer/tech!!!!!

I have 322,000 miles on my sprinter. About 8 months ago, I had a short in the wiring to the horn due to rubbing on the bottom of the condensor. I brought it into the dealer explaining to them that I thought it was a short because it kept blowing the # 7 fuse, causing a start error. It took them 2 weeks to fix it.

Last week, I started getting a start error again!! I figured with the mileage something might be wearing out??? It's been 6 days at the dealer and after replacing several parts $$$$$$ , they still doen't know what's wrong with it.

Is there such a thing as a "Certified Sprinter Mechanic"???

qualityair

'09 144" Cargo
I certainly hope you're not paying for Their trial parts !

If I'm working on You HVAC system, and I need to change a part to fully diagnose the problem, if that "said" didn't eliminate the fault, "said" part went back in the box, and your part went back into the machine.....then I'd keep working down stream till the problem was found.

What's so hard about that ?:professor:

shanemac

This is a great place to vent:smirk:......Sure seems like a epidemic with stealers, the one advantage they have over home service is they can hide in the back and do as they please. I sorta figured with the less than steller image car stealers have right now with the handouts and such, they would be earning our trust back but only to damage there image even more. If people would just try harder and strive for a higher standard and be honest and admit there mistakes no matter what car maker/repair shop, i really believe consumers would understand and pay good money for top service. OK I'm done ranting:rant:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I sorta figured with the less than steller image car stealers have right now with the handouts and such
Shanemac brings up a good point. With all the problems dealerships and manufacturers are facing, morale is at an all time low. Doesn't excuse the poor service, but people just don't know whether they will have a job tomorrow. :idunno:

llstoff

llstoff
What really ticks me off is, while I spend $60.00 a day to rent a replacement van to do my job, not to mention twice as much fuel, the dealer doesn't really seem to give a %!@#.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
If a booking for maintenance-service-schedules, be it under warranty or not! One could ask the dealership for a loner for the day, "if asked and booked in advance"
Dealers do it down under for free, or a small charge for fuel and insurance say $25 per day if out of warranty, which was also shown on an older thread, the same was offered stateside, both parties win, both parties are happy.so Why not ask :idunno: you may get a positive response, after all your business is their livelihood too.
Just a positive thought to a solution.
Richard

Top Bottom