PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Rear Leaf Spring Questions

Matt E.
04-06-2017, 08:14 PM
I have a 2008 sprinter 2500 144 tall roof. The locator pin on the rear passenger side leaf spring broke off the now the tire can move around on the leaf spring. I ordered a 2008 leaf spring replacement, however the ends of the leaf spring are different than the one on my van.

On my van, the leaf spring has a counter clockwise coil at one end, and a clock-wise coil at the other end. However, the replacement spring I got and every other 2007-2009 spring I see online has two clockwise coils at the ends. The only sprinter van leaf springs I see that look like mine are from the T1N. Is it possible my 2008 van has T1N rear leaf springs on it?

OrioN
04-06-2017, 08:19 PM
I have a 2008 sprinter 2500 144 tall roof. The locator pin on the rear passenger side leaf spring broke off the now the tire can move around on the leaf spring. I ordered a 2008 leaf spring replacement, however the ends of the leaf spring are different than the one on my van.

On my van, the leaf spring has a counter clockwise coil at one end, and a clock-wise coil at the other end. However, the replacement spring I got and every other 2007-2009 spring I see online has two clockwise coils at the ends. The only sprinter van leaf springs I see that look like mine are from the T1N. Is it possible my 2008 van has T1N rear leaf springs on it?

There are a few suspension variations for any model year. Did you order the part from a dealer and used you VIN?