Radio code entry question.

solera

The CD player in my 02 recently took a crap. I went on e-bay and bid on a couple of factory units. As it turned out I won both.

The problem I am having is that neither of the replacements will allow me to enter the code. when I hit either button to raise, or lower, an individual # it just skips to the next #, ending up with all zeros.

When I reinstall the original radio, using the same procedure, I can set that code with no problem.

I believe both replacements come from the 05 or 06 model year

Any,,,,,,,,, suggestions?

Thanks, Jim

abittenbinder

Doktor A (864-623-9110)
From the Yahoo group site in reference to a '06 model year Sound 30 radio- courtesy of Steve at Eurocampers:

"Push the volume knob "code" shows in display.
Push the AM/FM/CD button and "0 - - - -" displays.
Use the volume control to set the first code number, then push the
AM/FM/CD to move to the next number.
After all numbers are entered, push the AM/FM/CD button and hold it in
until you hear a beep."

Doktor A

solera

Muchas gracias..... Doc

It,,,, works.

It appears that the 02, and the later units, were quite a bit different, as far as entering the code goes,,, anyway.

Jim

Last edited:

jecottrell

Look in the glove box for the card with code on it. It's in slot on the door if I remember correctly.

Or search for the pdf with codes by VIN#. That didn't work for me. I'm glad I remembered seeing the card in the glove box.

ohlsonmh

Grumpy Member
My code card was taped inside the manual back cover.

That being said, I wish someone WOULD steal this crappy radio so my insurance could buy a decent one.

I often wind up using a little pocket radio with an earbud to actually be able to listen to broadcasts.

-Oly

cloead

My code card was taped inside the manual back cover.

That being said, I wish someone WOULD steal this crappy radio so my insurance could buy a decent one.

I often wind up using a little pocket radio with an earbud to actually be able to listen to broadcasts.

-Oly
A 'decent' aftermarket radio can be had for under $100. Start shopping!

Top Bottom