Rare beast: NCV3 extra long dually mit der V6

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
With you on that idea Ralph - except that in their (not so) infinite wisdom MB have reduced the width through the rear wheel arches to 960mm I think (without checking the detail). So you can't even get a standard pallet through there. Madness.

I'd still have preferred the option of six wheels and to be able to load a normal pallet in there.

This is the only other option:

Attachments

Last edited:

talkinghorse43

With you on that idea Ralph - except that in their (not so) infinite wisdom MB have reduced the width through the rear wheel arches to 960mm, I think without checking. So you can't even get a standard pallet through there. Madness.

I'd still have preferred the option of six wheels and to be able to load a normal pallet in there.

This is the only other option:
Looks like super singles. Is this what your next ride will look like?

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Won't have much choice really, assuming it's still available. Have only ever seen two such equipped Sprinters. A van which couldn't accept a standard pallet through the wheel arch would to a lot of people be as much use as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

I still would prefer the six wheeler, but for this one quandry.

Have looked into the possibility of modifying the six wheel floor pan: a cut & shut job on the wheel arch boxes, but there is less tolerance for this compared to the T1N which has more room between the inner wheel and arch and is able to lose some. Am concerned about corrosion in the long term too, but still looking into it.

The other option is chopping the tops off the wheel arch boxes and making a floating floor. This seems to suit some buyers quite well, if storage for straight lengths of material is required. I don't have this need though, and don't want to lose the volume or raise the centre of gravity. It also effectively reduces the loading height through the rear door frame.

Annoyingly the six wheeled NCV3 has a higher weight rating than the equivalent with super singles too (400kgs more here).

Hmmm....

Last edited:

Xtra

The Customer Advantage
I have a 2007 2500 ext and a 2008 3500 ext and as an ebay seller I haul pallets all the time. The extended body has plenty of room for at east one full size pallet behind the rear wheelwells and room for 2 more in front so the narrow 3500 wheelwells do not preclude hauling pallets. I've had many forklift drivers at truck docks ask "how the he** did you fit that huge crate in there?"

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
It wouldn't work for me, as I intend to install an internal crew cab conversion behind the factory seats.

Additionally my policy with loading and unloading of pallets is that everything goes in and out through the back doors. Fork lift drivers can bang into the rear rubber bumper as much as they like, they're unlikely to do any damage, but the slightest contact with a side door usually affects either its appearance or functionality. Or both.

I like your dual sliders though, don't see many of those around. There's a guy locally who delivers milk who has one, and another colleague who raves about having them. I've got so used to having one "fixed" side for strapping things down I think I might struggle with it to being with! Must be very convenient at times?

maxextz

Rollin Rollin Rollin.....
i dont like the shape of the ncv at all:rolleyes: with the lines sloping downward at the back it makes it look like its been overloaded and all the weight is sitting at the back door,wheres the t1n sits higher at the back and when loaded"within legal limits" evens out and still looks good.:2cents:

Top Bottom