Sprinter having issues in Los Angeles

Emile

My '08 sprinter 170" wb with 79k (mostly highway) miles all of a sudden lost power won't rev past 3K while on the highway as I was climbing a small grade. Pulled over and shut it off, restarted and everything was fine for a while then it did the same thing on the next pull. just seems to lose power, turbo? drives normal after a restart until I climb a hill at highway speed, it doesn't lose power just accelerating light to light around town. Check engine light is on but my code reader is two states away.

I pulled and cleaned the EGR valve which was dirty but not stuck. Thinking maybe it is a plugged diesel particulate filter?

Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice or recommendations for a shop in the Los Angeles area? Thanks in advance

Eric Experience

Emile.
It's not your filter it is more likely a split in one of the turbo hoses. Look for oil on the outside of the hose. Eric

Emile

Emile.
It's not your filter it is more likely a split in one of the turbo hoses. Look for oil on the outside of the hose. Eric

Eric, you nailed it. Thank you! It was a very small split in the intercooler hose where it is crimped together with the metal flange. Paid way too much for the Mercedes part at the dealer but oh well, you do what you have to do when you're on the road. I'll raise a beer in your honor when I get home.

Top Bottom