New problem now , loss of power , help

psyco

Besides the "no crank" Im having a new problem . I have a 2004 and it runs awesome ,(well it did) gets great gass milage and I love it . But just the other day was driving in town and had a sudden loss of power , im assuming it went into limp mode .(motor had a loud fan like sound , like it was vapor locking) Loss all the get up and go , would not rev over 3000 rpms . I checked the air filter and it was dirty , replaced it and it seems better but I no longer here the turbo sound and still doesn't have the get up it used to . Im replacing the fuel filter tomorrow , I also noticed a lot of soot or oil around a few of the large hoses on the drivers side leading into the intake . Im no mechanic , just trying to figure this out . I stopped at a auto zone and had it scanned , came up with codes
P2238 sensor postive current control circuit low bank 1 sensor 1
P2245 o2 sensor reference voltage circuit low bank 1 sensor 1
P0130 o2 circuit (bank 1 , sensor 1)
Your thoughts ?

Lotus54

I recall reading that it is not uncommon for the intake hoses to split as they age.
Since you have oil around/on hoses, I'd suggest inspecting those closely for any splits/cracks.

NelsonSprinter

Former Nelson BC Sprinter
The roaring fan is the secondary fan that comes on when temp reaches 220*f .If it comes on when cool, it may be an ECU computer fault.
Power loss can have many causes, use the top blue line's search for Power Loss for many causes

jsrmonster

Hi, I am visiting central Fla this week working and might be able to help diagnose your van. I have Star4 diagnostic, and quite familiar with these vans.
Jeff
ps. see my facebook page (RocketChip) for Florida trip and March Madness Tuning Sale

psyco

Hi, I am visiting central Fla this week working and might be able to help diagnose your van. I have Star4 diagnostic, and quite familiar with these vans.
Jeff
ps. see my facebook page (RocketChip) for Florida trip and March Madness Tuning Sale
PM sent

psyco

Put a new air filter , fuel filter in . Then replaced the o2 censor , there was a tear in the wire where it was rubbing up against the heat shield . Seems to be all good now . Thanks

Top Bottom