Where to get Mercedes Grille With Chrome cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny10

Banned
I'm looking for The Mercedes Badging kit for my 2008 Sprinter and I also want the Chrome Grille cover? anyone no the best place? Thanks

djc126

Hi. If you go to your local Mercedes dealer they can also price the individual parts out but you will have to track down the MB part nos. first. They don't have any listing for a Sprinter. However, you cannot buy the 316CDi grille badge except in Europe.

Anyone going to Europe soon?

Here what I found for pre-07:

A 901 880 0085 grille (which style? There are two.)
A 901 817 0016? 7" dia star emblem for grille
A 901 810 0018 3.5" dia badge for hood
A 601 401 0325 hub cap for 16" steel wheel

A 901 817 5014 316CDi grille badge only in Europe
(at one time was 9.50 Euros)
??? Mercedes decal for rear door
??? star badge for rear door
??? driver's airbag cover
??? Transmission shifter knob

So about $157 plus tax for the first three items.
And <$70 for the hub caps. In Canadian dollars.

And also found:

A 901 880 0385 black grille
A 901 888 0173 metal surround for grille

Could someone post a pic of which grille they have corresponding to the p/n?

Grille was updated for 2003-06 but the 2000-02 one will still fit.

And the p/n for the rear door items?

Regards,

Last edited:

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Yes, the grille changed in '03, but note that each version also has it's own version grille badge. So an early 316 badge won't fit a later grille and vice versa. The grille profile is different: the later one has a more rounded profile.

I bought three surrounds just after the facelift in '03. They all had the same part ID but each was different in some small way with the number of fixing tabs they had. It was to do with the different mounting points the facelifted headlights had. They all fitted ok but a couple had unused fixing tabs. Maybe the variety was because I bought them at the time the change was implemented - who knows?!

Mine is the later one, underneath is the earlier type (excuse the poor image quality).

If you figure out which one you need I'll happily pick one up for you here in the UK and post it over.

Attachments

Last edited:

Danny10

Banned
Thanks Guys!
Went with Mercedes Sprinter Conversions in the end... Got a great kit at a really good price in my opinion - did see Rudi at sprinter Grille but some of the parts look cheap to me - definately not OEM Mercedes Sprinter parts, would rather get the real deal. Dont want cheap stickers that will fall off after a while. Mercedes Sprinter Conversions are all OEM parts and they have said that my order has been dispatched with Fedex priority and so I should get it tomorrow! I will let you all know!

With regards to getting parts from the Merc dealers, I assume you mean euro ones as I did ask my local Mercedes garage but was litteraly lauged out of the showroom!! + at least with Mercedes Sprinter Conversions I get a full installation guide so at least I wil know what im doing which im sure will be worth its weight in Gold!

Also, GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE AT SPRINTER-SOURCE!:thumbup: - I spoke to Ben at Mercedes Sprinter Conversions who I assume owns it and told him about Sprinter source and he has said that they will soon set up an account on here and give us any info that we need as well as special monthly offers!!!:thumbup: But:shhh: its only for us at Sprinter-Forum!!! LOL

Again, thanks for the help.

Danny10

Banned
Got the kit today - Very happy :smilewink: all oem parts and delivered Next business day with Fedex Priority and was delivered before 10AM - now thats what I call quick!

All In all Very happy - would reccomend Mercedes Sprinter Conversions to anyone who is wanting Mercedes parts - ive put a few of the badges on already and they look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom