PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket passenger rear A/C?

Sprinterlust
03-08-2017, 09:03 PM
I am considering buying an in stock passenger 144 but it doesn't have the rear A/C.
Are there any good aftermarket alternatives for rear AC and what is the price range? Thank you in advance.

jme3505
03-09-2017, 03:25 PM
By far the most common aftermarket AC I've seen are the rooftop RV units but they run on 120 volts and usually require shore power or a generator. Some run them off an inverter but they have large batteries.
It sounds like you need one that runs off an engine driven compressor and I'm sure they're out there. I just haven't searched.
Another option is the 12 volt AC units that could run off the alternator. Outside Van has a rooftop 12000 btu one listed on their website.
I just ordered a 8000 btu split system that only draws 46 amps. I might install the compressor under the floor but it is not supposed to get wet. I will fit under a passenger bench seat. http://stores.12voltairconditioning.com/ves-12l-invisible-air-no-freon-lines-8k-btu/
Jon

Peanut Butter
03-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Go to na.thermoking.com then click on "products", then click on "Shuttle/school buss HVAC", then look through the 4 options.