PDA

View Full Version : Factory sprinter webastro auxiliary coolant heater failure

2011V6
03-06-2017, 11:10 PM
My check engine light code is saying my Factory sprinter auxiliary coolant heater Used to bring up the coolant temp on cold starts. Made by webasto. Has a fault. Does anyone have any input??
I can't even find a location of it or a part number to replace it. Etc. Any feed back would be great.

Skippy
03-26-2017, 10:42 PM
I have been studying this lately for my own vehicle. There are quite a few posts on "booster heater" so maybe do a search on that. Admittedly, I don't recall reading much about engine code light. Apparently, on T1N, the auxiliary coolant pump tends to fail since it runs constantly. Then the booster heater will not run due to overheating. I just replaced my pump but still don't have the heater part running. This auxiliary coolant pump is used by both booster heater and REST function. I notice it running all the time now and I am thinking to change it to only run from a switch when boost or REST is enabled. There are some posts for mods on here. My van ran just fine without it for a long time. I replaced the aux coolant pump because I'd like to eventually set up the booster heater to run when engine is off.

Oh yeah, you might try turning it off. The booster heater function apparently stays on and resumes next time you start the vehicle. My Sprinter is 2005. Your profile doesn't show info on your vehicle. Not sure if any of my comments here are applicable at all.

K-9 SPRINTER
03-27-2017, 10:59 AM
My check engine light code is saying my Factory sprinter auxiliary coolant heater Used to bring up the coolant temp on cold starts. Made by webasto. Has a fault. Does anyone have any input??
I can't even find a location of it or a part number to replace it. Etc. Any feed back would be great.
Factory OEM coolant heaters are not made by Webasto
They are made by Espar

Cheyenne
03-27-2017, 11:08 AM

And what code reader are you using to get the 'Check engine light code' as I am not aware of any code reader which can get codes from the eSpar heater.

And come to think of it I don't believe the eSpar heater can light the check engine light :thinking:

So what is the actual code you are reading please?

Keith

Brokecanadian
03-27-2017, 12:59 PM
And what code reader are you using to get the 'Check engine light code' as I am not aware of any code reader which can get codes from the eSpar heater.

And come to think of it I don't believe the eSpar heater can light the check engine light :thinking:

So what is the actual code you are reading please?

Keith
Until he answers...in a 2005 yes in the HZR module read with an iCarsoft MBII thought it was dead until I cleared it and heater worked...excuse my aging memory can't remember specific code, think it just said fault in heater...no to engine light at least in T1N

Probably useless to you, just surfing the NCV3 threads