Help! Heater group 3 + Rear AC... Possible?

Pilebuck

Ordered a '09 Sprinter last week; got this message today from the sales manager...

"as per our brief phone call this morning, the Sprinter plant cannot build HBD rear heavy duty a/c with AMJ rear heater group III. Please advise which is your preference," Seams odd that I can not get the diesel furnace and the rear heavy AC in the same vehicle.

Is it possible that some other option I have spec'd is creating the conflict? The Dodge dealership has very little knowledge about the vehicle and option combinations... Maybe someone here can help.

Thanks in advance, Sam

Pilebuck

Hmm.

Here is the rest of the story...

"Just in the door and thought I would make a quick reply… When I build a ’09 Sprinter I notice that AMJ (rear heater 3) includes HDB (front aux heater)… Is it possible that the conflict is between AMJ and HDB, not AMJ and HBD??? Don’t mean to be ignorant here; but I see that our equipment description includes AMJ and HDB, when I can’t make that happen on the website."

"You are correct, got the letters reversed. HDB is n/a with AMJ."

"Drop HDB (front aux heater) from the order then. Keep Rear Heater 3 and the Rear Heavy AC as we ordered."

So, all is well that ends well, but it's a shame that the Dodge folks know nothing about the vehicles.

Thanks to all who may have given some thought to my first post.

shanemac

Thanks for clarifying...i think you should be fine without front axillary heating seeing your winters are real mild compared to mine. -15c my sprinter handles things fine without running my axillary or booster heater. Having rear heat is wise, just curious did you go with a passenger version van?

I have to agree with the statement about them knowing nothing about the vehicles.... plain and simple they don't care.

Pilebuck

I will in fact have the front aux heater; it is included with Rear Heater Group 3, thus the conflict.

Yup, low roof 144" passenger van with all of the fix'ins. Cost will be about 75K here in BC. Ouch!

Top Bottom