StowAway box or not.

GeorgeRa

2013 Sprinter DIY 144WB, Portland OR
We are planning a long trip around US with our 144” WB Sprinter. I am very familiar with camping in varies RVs (mainly State, National Forrest, NP campgrounds) west of Rockies but no much on the eastern site. Our Van is less than 20’ total length and I would prefer and take with us the StowAway Max box which would increase the length to under 23’. So, from the camping perspective will it make any difference. Are you aware of any threshold points between 20’ and 23’ vehicle lengths common on campgrounds?

Thank you,

George.

Attachments

Ovrlnd_Trvlr

On A Journey
I have camped a lot in National/State/Parks/Forests, never seen any size breakdown that small.

Only thing you could possibly run into is a place that doesn't want any rigs over "x" feet. But I think that is usually much bigger than you, or possibly much smaller, e.g. car sized and not an "RV".

If you are comfortable driving with it, and need the space, I would recommend taking it.

Ho-Hum

We've camped at National/State/County parks all over the southeast for the past 6 and a half years and have never seen any "banning" of B size units. Have seen parks that do not allow units *over* a certain length. 32' comes to mind. So, no worry about your stowaway.

Ovrlnd_Trvlr

On A Journey
I had this on my mind today, and I think the only cases where the added length of the box would be a hassle would be,
-Ferries, puts you over the normal car size and into more expensive passage.
-City Parking, again, over normal car size, and can make parking in a city a bit more difficult.

I still think pertains,
If you are comfortable driving with it, and need the space, I would recommend taking it.

brianszero

There is a difference between tent/primative campgrounds and campgrounds/rv parks. I climb alot so alot of the primative/tent campgrounds i go to they limit vehicles to 20-22 feet. So it depends on the atmoshepre and the price you want to pay.

Top Bottom