PDA

View Full Version : Can't find rear seat brackets anywhere! Any suggestions?!

BunnyRaff
02-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Hi,

I can't find the brackets for the second row seat for my 2005 T1N.

This is the part:

https://www.group1autoparts.com/oe-mopar/5104532aa

Every Dodge dealer says it's a discontinued part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

hkpierce
02-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Try Freightliner.

Further, remember that there are two different receiver cups for the rear seats - one short and two long.

BunnyRaff
02-22-2017, 08:08 PM
Also, I read this thread:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47906

And got the mercedes part number:

A9019500274

But don't know what to do with the MB number. They won't sell me anything.....:bash:

lindenengineering
02-22-2017, 08:14 PM
Why won't they sell you the parts

Is it because they have to come directly from Germany?
I sourced some recently with a 10 day lead time.
Dennis
Mercanic

marshroger@hotmail.com
02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
Hi,

This is the part:

Every Dodge dealer says it's a discontinued part. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I am having the same problem finding brackets for my 2006 T1N, 118. When I purchased the van in May, it came with the two rear seats (one is a bit smaller than the other). I would like to sell the seats but most people want the brackets. If I can't find them, I will have to determine how to remove the existing brackets and fill in the space.

marshroger@hotmail.com
02-22-2017, 10:29 PM
Hi,

This is the part:

Using the Mercedes Benz part numbers, I had no problem sourcing the parts at my local MB dealer in Vancouver Canada. The price was $61.30 each (Cdn). They were able to find a few of the brackets in Canada but the others would have to be shipped directly from Germany.

BunnyRaff
02-22-2017, 11:54 PM
Using the Mercedes Benz part numbers, I had no problem sourcing the parts at my local MB dealer in Vancouver Canada. The price was $61.30 each (Cdn). They were able to find a few of the brackets in Canada but the others would have to be shipped directly from Germany.

So when I called without the specific part number, they said that the part was only to be sold with the seat, and that they couldn't sell the seat to my van because of the vin. Then I went in person with the specific part number and it was no big deal....shipping from California. 4-5 days.

Sometimes so much easier to do things in person.

Thanks for the help and feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECU
02-23-2017, 04:11 PM
Here is a link on craigslist. the guy is crazy. I paid about $15 each for mine. This guy wants $180.
...and I guess they look like newer brackets.
https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/pts/6010941619.html

H2Disco
02-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Call Euro Parts in Escondido California. They can get just about anything in even if they have to order from Germany. I have a spare set of brackets. Let me find them in my garage and post pictures of them. One of the bolt holes is weird if I remember right. I'll post pictures so you can see

H2Disco
02-25-2017, 09:55 PM
I have the brackets for the 2 wide seat. It's 1 side and a middle bracket. One of the holes looks modified. It came with a seat I just got and I already installed brackets. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/516efe31a792844f7d628ac6099a0412.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/742d33683ca1476f27ceb1869799e1ac.jpg

BunnyRaff
03-19-2017, 11:18 PM
I have the brackets for the 2 wide seat. It's 1 side and a middle bracket. One of the holes looks modified. It came with a seat I just got and I already installed brackets. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/516efe31a792844f7d628ac6099a0412.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170225/742d33683ca1476f27ceb1869799e1ac.jpg

Cool! Is there a specific bolt that you are using? I got heavy duty bolts from McMaster-Carr, and they're a little too big, but I think I can cut a larger hole. What's the length that you need?

Thanks!

H2Disco
03-20-2017, 12:15 AM
I ended up paying a guy to install them for me so I don't know the length of them. You need ones long enough to go all the way through the frame. It's tough to install the bracket that does right behind the driver's seat because of the gas tank. Where do you live? NGT Racing in Santee, CA put mine in my van. He did an awesome job.

BunnyRaff
03-20-2017, 12:47 AM
I ended up paying a guy to install them for me so I don't know the length of them. You need ones long enough to go all the way through the frame. It's tough to install the bracket that does right behind the driver's seat because of the gas tank. Where do you live? NGT Racing in Santee, CA put mine in my van. He did an awesome job.

I'm in NYC. If this damn blizzard clears up, I'd like to do it myself, but it's a little intimidating to pull the tank and drill big holes and get it all together while working in the street. And has to be operational by end of day.[emoji51]

Do you bolt all the way through the frame, or do you drill the second hole bigger, 1" or so, to get the dead of the socket up in there?

H2Disco
03-20-2017, 01:08 AM
I'm in NYC. If this damn blizzard clears up, I'd like to do it myself, but it's a little intimidating to pull the tank and drill big holes and get it all together while working in the street. And has to be operational by end of day.[emoji51]

Do you bolt all the way through the frame, or do you drill the second hole bigger, 1" or so, to get the dead of the socket up in there?

Not sure. That would actually work better since then you would get rid of the possibility of rubbing on the gas tank. My guy used rivet nuts for that spot. Then you only have to drill through the top part and can do it all from inside the van. He bolted through the other spots though. Rivet nuts aren't as strong as bolt throughs.

LS1K5
07-04-2018, 02:18 AM
Has anyone found the long seat anchors lately and if so where and how much are they?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

copeland88
10-26-2018, 10:20 PM
Call Euro Parts in Escondido California. They can get just about anything in even if they have to order from Germany. I have a spare set of brackets. Let me find them in my garage and post pictures of them. One of the bolt holes is weird if I remember right. I'll post pictures so you can see

H2, I have a 2 person bench I'm looking to install in my 2006 cargo. Do you still have these brackets? Are they a spare set you are keeping or would you be interested in selling them?

copeland88
10-27-2018, 01:24 AM
Scratch that last request H2, I ordered the seat anchors from my local Dodge dealer. The two person bench only uses two of the longer anchors (Mopar# 05104531AA). 7-10 days out.

copeland88
10-27-2018, 01:26 AM
Has anyone found the long seat anchors lately and if so where and how much are they?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I found them at my local Dodge dealer, FYI Mopar only has 15 left in the country as of 10/26/2018 according to the parts guy there. 7-10 days out, list price is $48.35.

Nautamaran
10-27-2018, 02:02 AM
Scratch that last request H2, I ordered the seat anchors from my local Dodge dealer. The two person bench only uses two of the longer anchors (Mopar# 05104531AA). 7-10 days out.

That’s WRONG!
The two-seat bench uses one long outer and one short middle anchor.
(Three-seat benches use two long and one short)
There’s a page break that messes up interpretation of the parts list...

Mopar numbers are:
05104531AA (short, centre) and
05104532AA (long, outer)

These cross to MB numbers
A 901 950 01 74 (short, centre)
A 901 950 02 74 (long, outer)
(which I just confirmed are stamped onto the spares out in the garage)

You may wish to also get the plastic seat shims and anchor covers, 05134099AA (4 req’d) and 05104533AA (2 req’d)

-dave

autostaretx
10-27-2018, 02:30 AM
As someone who has a T1N two-seater, i'll agree with Dave/Nautamaran's posting about needed one each of both lengths.
(i.e. one short, one long)

--dick

copeland88
10-27-2018, 02:33 AM
That’s WRONG!
The two-seat bench uses one long outer and one short middle anchor.
(Three-seat benches use two long and one short)
There’s a page break that messes up interpretation of the parts list...

Mopar numbers are:
05104531AA (short, centre) and
05104532AA (long, outer)

These cross to MB numbers
A 901 950 01 74 (short, centre)
A 901 950 02 74 (long, outer)

You may wish to also get the plastic seat shims and anchor covers, 05134099AA (4 req’d) and 05104533AA (2 req’d)

-dave

When I talked to the Mercedes parts guy, he told me the two person bench uses two of the longer anchors. He also said the short one was unavailable. At Dodge, he also said the short one was unavailable but the long one wasn’t, so I ordered two long ones I was told was required.

copeland88
10-27-2018, 02:47 AM
Well I guess Iíll have an extra long anchor. So where have you guys been able to find the short one?

Patrick of M
10-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Thatís WRONG!

You may wish to also get the plastic seat shims and anchor covers, 05134099AA

-dave

1. Where do those shims go, Iíve never seen them?
2.And do they stop the slight rocking that the seat can do in its bracket even with the cam locked?
3. Is there another simple substitute for the shims that would do the same thing.
Thanks, Patrick

autostaretx
10-27-2018, 05:23 PM
I don't have the covers or shims either ... since my 2005 passenger wagon came new with two three-wide seats (which use all three anchors).

I picked up the two-wide seat years later, and it clips in solidly ... due to the different foot/anchor lengths, it only fits on the far left (US driver's side)

Here are the two anchors ... as you can see, the locking bar positions are quite different, so "two longs don't instantly make a short".
BUT: creative cutting and bolting of your second long anchor might make a short...

Here are the two-wide's feet: (note that short foot is upside down)
(also note that the long foot only engages the single 14-inch forward anchor bar)

--dick
p.s. the brown thing on the left end of the "short" anchor photo is a piece of my bed frame ... there's an anchor bar under it

Nautamaran
10-27-2018, 05:50 PM
1. Where do those shims go, Iíve never seen them?
2.And do they stop the slight rocking that the seat can do in its bracket even with the cam locked?
3. Is there another simple substitute for the shims that would do the same thing.
Thanks, Patrick

They snap into the mouths of the hooks on the bench, and yup: they soak up the rocking.
Theyíre pretty thin, so a few wraps of HDPE tape (slice open milk jug handles?) around the ends of the floor bracket bars would probably substitute. Should probably keep the middle area clear for the locking hook? Or maybe shim the seat up with wedges under those ribs that rest on the bracket flange?

-dave

Nautamaran
10-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Googled the MB number for the short bracket... got some offers from dealers in Europe so there are still some out there?

-dave

copeland88
10-27-2018, 07:46 PM
I don't have the covers or shims either ... since my 2005 passenger wagon came new with two three-wide seats (which use all three anchors).

I picked up the two-wide seat years later, and it clips in solidly ... due to the different foot/anchor lengths, it only fits on the far left (US driver's side)

Here are the two anchors ... as you can see, the locking bar positions are quite different, so "two longs don't instantly make a short".
BUT: creative cutting and bolting of your second long anchor might make a short...

Here are the two-wide's feet: (note that short foot is upside down)
(also note that the long foot only engages the single 14-inch forward anchor bar)

--dick
p.s. the brown thing on the left end of the "short" anchor photo is a piece of my bed frame... there's an anchor bar under it

Thanks for the clarification. Looks to me I can just cut about 3Ē out of one of the long anchors and weld it and maybe remove those extra round bars if they are in the way and I should be good to go. Easier than tracking down a short anchor.

superstardj
10-28-2018, 04:09 AM
i have the short one in montreal
facebook sprinterpartsmontreal
@sprintermontreal

autostaretx
10-28-2018, 05:00 PM
Note that the distance from the forward anchor bolt and the forward locking bar are different between the short and long anchor systems.
(about 2.5 inches on the "long", and about 1.25 inches on the "short")

--dick

copeland88
10-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Note that the distance from the forward anchor bolt and the forward locking bar are different between the short and long anchor systems.
(about 2.5 inches on the "long", and about 1.25 inches on the "short")

--dick

That shouldnít matter since the seat only engages the locking bar @14Ē on the long anchor. The forward locking bar shouldnít have any effect, and bolt spacing doesnít matter since I can mount them anywhere I need to in my floor. In effect, judging by your picture of the two anchors, I should be able to shorten the length of one of the long anchors and simply mimic a short one.

autostaretx
10-28-2018, 06:15 PM
That shouldn’t matter since the seat only engages the locking bar @14” on the long anchor. The forward locking bar shouldn’t have any effect, and bolt spacing doesn’t matter since I can mount them anywhere I need to in my floor. In effect, judging by your picture of the two anchors, I should be able to shorten the length of one of the long anchors and simply mimic a short one.
Correct: if you're "mounting them anywhere", you have full control of where the bars happen.

My bolt/bar comment only applied if you were attempting to use the Sprinter's original "short anchor" bolting points.

What may be more of a (tiny) issue is the distance between the "broadening" of the slot and where the bar happens.

I assume/hope that you'll have the seat and anchors available to play with in mid-air to work out the cut-and-weld gambit.

--dick

copeland88
10-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Correct: if you're "mounting them anywhere", you have full control of where the bars happen.

My bolt/bar comment only applied if you were attempting to use the Sprinter's original "short anchor" bolting points.

What may be more of a (tiny) issue is the distance between the "broadening" of the slot and where the bar happens.

I assume/hope that you'll have the seat and anchors available to play with in mid-air to work out the cut-and-weld gambit.

--dick

Yes, I will have the seat and anchors so I can properly fit them to each other before mounting to the floor.

On another note, how are the anchors sitting in the floor of your van (Iím assuming itís factory)? It appears the anchors are bolted straight to the metal floor pan of the van, and the flooring is about 1/2Ē thick surrounding them (under the outer flange of the anchor) to allow them to sit flush with the surface of the flooring. Being a camper van, I will have about 1Ē to 1-1/2Ē or so of flooring (insulation + subfloor + laminate top floor) and Iím hoping to have the anchors as flush as possible.

Nautamaran
10-28-2018, 08:24 PM
There are depressions in the floor pan, and the factory plywood floor is about 1/2” thick, then doubled at the side door.

The bench needs to absorb crash and shoulder strap loads in a crash, so be sure your seat anchors are adequately reinforced to the van’s floor structure, and not just bolted through the floor pan.

-dave

autostaretx
10-28-2018, 10:02 PM
The outer factory anchor nuts are welded **inside the frame rails** ... so the anchors are secured to the frame box metal, not just the sheet metal flooring.

I'd have to crawl under to remind myself of how the center nuts are secured.

I have the passenger van. so the anchor rails are seated through both the rubber flooring and the underlying plywood/padding.

--dick

quillaja
10-29-2018, 11:07 AM
These guys might still have the short seat anchor. I bought one from them a year ago, along with some other parts europarts didn't carry.
https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-anchor-5104531aa/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9cmVhci1zZWF0LWNvbXBvbmVudHMmaT0mcj0 mYT1kb2RnZSZvPXNwcmludGVyLTI1MDAmeT0yMDA0JnQ9YmFzZ SZlPTItN2wtbDUtZGllc2Vs

Center short anchor (in 1st passenger row) has one (front?) bolt through a cross piece in the floor. Not bomber, but better than just the plain floor's sheet metal. I think the other bolt is similar.

Here's a (very high res) photo of the floor partly cut away, showing the depressions in the floor that Dave was talking about. However, i think the wood part of the floor is thinner than 1/2 inch. Go carefully if you cut into it like I did... as you can see, I accidentally cut right through the floor on the left side...
EDIT: the actual link to the photo http://static.quillaja.net/vanfloor/DSC02743.JPG

copeland88
10-29-2018, 04:02 PM
There are depressions in the floor pan, and the factory plywood floor is about 1/2Ē thick, then doubled at the side door.

The bench needs to absorb crash and shoulder strap loads in a crash, so be sure your seat anchors are adequately reinforced to the vanís floor structure, and not just bolted through the floor pan.

-dave

I will definitely reinforce the bolt throughs on the underside.

copeland88
10-29-2018, 04:03 PM
These guys might still have the short seat anchor. I bought one from them a year ago, along with some other parts europarts didn't carry.
https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-anchor-5104531aa/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9cmVhci1zZWF0LWNvbXBvbmVudHMmaT0mcj0 mYT1kb2RnZSZvPXNwcmludGVyLTI1MDAmeT0yMDA0JnQ9YmFzZ SZlPTItN2wtbDUtZGllc2Vs

Center short anchor (in 1st passenger row) has one (front?) bolt through a cross piece in the floor. Not bomber, but better than just the plain floor's sheet metal. I think the other bolt is similar.

Here's a (very high res) photo of the floor partly cut away, showing the depressions in the floor that Dave was talking about. However, i think the wood part of the floor is thinner than 1/2 inch. Go carefully if you cut into it like I did... as you can see, I accidentally cut right through the floor on the left side...

Awesome, I will check with them. Your photo didn’t go through, I don’t see it anyway. I will be removing the factory wood flooring and building my own from the metal pan up so I will incorporate the seat anchors as I go.

copeland88
10-29-2018, 06:38 PM
Ok so I called Quirk Parts to verify stock on the seat anchor, they had it so I ordered it. Part # I ordered was 5104531AA and the picture on their website showed the short anchor. Fine and dandy. Well, when I looked back at my order from the local Dodge dealership (mentioned earlier in this thread) the part # ordered was also 5104531AA but I thought that was the long anchor. So, can you verify that that part # from Quirk Parts is definitely the short anchor? If it is, I hope I didnít order 2 of them from the dealer thinking they were the long one. Iíve attached a photo of the short anchor shown on Quirk Partsí website associated with part # 5104531AA. Somewhere the numbers are mixed up, I was under the impression that was the long one and 5104532AA was the short one..

autostaretx
10-29-2018, 07:12 PM
Good question... and the parts catalog doesn't really help much.

There are two Mopar numbers for the "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor":
05104531AA for the "Second Rear Bench, 2 Passenger" (which i'd translate as "short anchor")
05104532AA for the "First Rear Bench, 3 Passenger" (which i'd call "long")

Unfortunately, they didn't give a helpful "quantity needed" (2 for long, 1 for short) indication.

The MB numbers for those two are:
531: A 901 950 01 74 "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor"
532: A 901 950 02 74 "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor"

The corroded numbers i can see on my anchors (near the rear bolt) have:
86641 in the middle of the short's number (which doesn't match the MB numbers)
and
25?6811605 on a long one

It's possible the MB numbers are stamped on the underside, so not visible without removal.

BUT: the QuickParts photo shows the MB number on the right end ... and the "901 950 01" is the short anchor!
So that makes the 531 the short anchor.

Armed with that "where to look: :doh: information, i went out and scraped out that end of the anchors.
Yup: A 901 950 01 74 aka 05104531AA is the SHORT anchor
and A 901 950 02 74 aka 05104532AA is the LONG anchor

Updated photo with part numbers:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=773&pictureid=5251

--dick
p.s. at the very worst, you can weld/convert a short anchor to a long anchor, using the third short to provide a bit of shaped channel... :rolleyes:

copeland88
10-29-2018, 07:59 PM
Good question... and the parts catalog doesn't really help much.

There are two Mopar numbers for the "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor":
05104531AA for the "Second Rear Bench, 2 Passenger" (which i'd translate as "short anchor")
05104532AA for the "First Rear Bench, 3 Passenger" (which i'd call "long")

Unfortunately, they didn't give a helpful "quantity needed" (2 for long, 1 for short) indication.

The MB numbers for those two are:
531: A 901 950 01 74 "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor"
532: A 901 950 02 74 "ESCUTCHEON, Seat Anchor"

The corroded numbers i can see on my anchors (near the rear bolt) have:
86641 in the middle of the short's number (which doesn't match the MB numbers)
and
25?6811605 on a long one

It's possible the MB numbers are stamped on the underside, so not visible without removal.

BUT: the QuickParts photo shows the MB number on the right end ... and the "901 950 01" is the short anchor!
So that makes the 531 the short anchor.

Armed with that "where to look: :doh: information, i went out and scraped out that end of the anchors.
Yup: A 901 950 01 74 aka 05104531AA is the SHORT anchor
and A 901 950 02 74 aka 05104532AA is the LONG anchor

Updated photo with part numbers:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=773&pictureid=5251

--dick
p.s. at the very worst, you can weld/convert a short anchor to a long anchor, using the third short to provide a bit of shaped channel... :rolleyes:

Well great. That means Iím going to have extra short anchors and no long ones :bash:

Nautamaran
10-30-2018, 02:16 AM
:doh:
Well, can you perhaps argue your case with the parts guy who helped you order the first set and refuse the order?

I’d read those MB numbers from a clean set of brackets lying in my garage...
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?p=703687#post703687

-dave

quillaja
10-30-2018, 02:54 AM
Your photo didnít go through,
I forgot to add the link to the photo :doh:
I added it to the post above.

Wally_AMG
10-30-2018, 06:23 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Genuine-Sprinter-Rear-Seat-Mount-3500-2500-10-17-0009500274/123359565703?hash=item1cb8cd9787:g:YK4AAOSw4idblBP c:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter-2500-3500-Rear-Seat-Bracket-Screw-Bolt-0009907203-x2/192661785009?hash=item2cdb8989b1:g:fycAAOSwgd1asy5 f:rk:1:pf:0

copeland88
11-26-2018, 05:53 AM
Well I got the bracket issue sorted out. Ended up with one extra short bracket (9019500174). If anyone is interested in it I’d sell it, just don’t need it sitting around. PM me if interested, and thanks for all the help everyone!

copeland88
12-18-2018, 08:20 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Genuine-Sprinter-Rear-Seat-Mount-3500-2500-10-17-0009500274/123359565703?hash=item1cb8cd9787:g:YK4AAOSw4idblBP c:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Sprinter-2500-3500-Rear-Seat-Bracket-Screw-Bolt-0009907203-x2/192661785009?hash=item2cdb8989b1:g:fycAAOSwgd1asy5 f:rk:1:pf:0

Iím back everyone, I thought I finally had it handeled haha. Wally, I ordered the long bracket you provided the link to from eBay. It was incorrect. That bracket has a part number of 000 950 0274 and it definitely doesnít fit the T1N seat. The T1N bracket number is very similar, 901 950 0274, which must be where some confusion comes in. Anyway, I do have the correct short bracket, but still need the correct long bracket. I canít seem to find it anywhere, all Iím seeing is the newer (07+) long bracket. Does anyone have an extra theyíd like to sell, or know for sure where I can get one? Iím going round and round with this seat issue and I really just want to get the correct parts so I can be done with it :bash:

obie
12-19-2018, 02:18 PM
I'll check when I get home. Where are you located?